My custom motorized Grinch build

Proppin' It

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Dec 8, 2021
New York
Hi all! I'm new to the forum, but glad I found this site. I wanted to share my motorized Grinch build that I just completed. His hips twist and he is pulling the Christmas lights off my tree outside. I used PVC, a wiper motor, a Grinch mask/gloves from Amazon, and a Santa suit from Party city.

I made a tutorial video on my Proppin' It page for anyone interested in trying this themselves. I have a few more custom builds I'll be sharing in the next few weeks on my YouTube channel as well. I'm unable to post a video for some reason, but below is a photo of him completed.

Tutorial video link -
Grinch Photo.jpg

Dickens' Ghost

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Sep 30, 2019
Utah
Pretty cool!

I've never been a craftmaker so this kind of stuff is beyond me, but I always appreciate other people's ability to put things like this together.

It would interesting to know what everyone in your neighborhood thinks about it.

Proppin' It

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Dec 8, 2021
New York
Pretty cool!

I've never been a craftmaker so this kind of stuff is beyond me, but I always appreciate other people's ability to put things like this together.

It would interesting to know what everyone in your neighborhood thinks about it.
Thank you very much, I appreciate that. They all love it, we have cars coming by every night to take a photo with the Grinch and my other builds. The town will be doing their contest judging tonight.

Dickens' Ghost

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Sep 30, 2019
Utah
Thank you very much, I appreciate that. They all love it, we have cars coming by every night to take a photo with the Grinch and my other builds. The town will be doing their contest judging tonight.
Oh, very interesting! Well good luck.

By the way, you may not want to classify your YouTube videos as being "for kids." It disables the comments, if you're not aware. It could be interesting to see what people have to say about your projects.

Proppin' It

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Dec 8, 2021
New York
Oh, very interesting! Well good luck.

By the way, you may not want to classify your YouTube videos as being "for kids." It disables the comments, if you're not aware. It could be interesting to see what people have to say about your projects.
Very interesting, I didn't know that, I'm going to take that off going forward. Thank you!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image