Pie anyone??

ChristmasMissy

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jul 2, 2008
Does it count if you eat the pumpkin part but not the crust? LOL I am not a fan of pie crust but I LOVE the pumpkin part...lol

Reactions: 1 person

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
I have a question. For those of you that make pies, do you cook them ahead of time and and freeze them at all? I have done this in the past but I was wondering if anyone else does it as well.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Okay, this is going to sound REALLY lame, and I apologise in advance, but to all of you that make pumpkin pies - do you use real pumpkin as in scooped out from the large orange gourd or tinned??

When I was living in Canada, I must admit to using E D Smith's tinned pumpkin pie filling, which was really tasty (hey, at least I tried; I could've bought one!). Now I'm in Scotland, cannot find tinned pumpkin anywhere so if I want pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving (and for me, that's Oct 8th) I'm going to have to do it from scratch.

Anybody got any tried and tested methods......please???!!!:pumpkin:
I always use the canned pumpkin. Not the pure pumpkin either. I like Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix...it already has all the spices and sugar added to it. You just add milk and an egg.
For Thanksgiving I will do pumpkin, lemon meringue and peanut butter pie (for my brothers).

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Okay, this is going to sound REALLY lame, and I apologise in advance, but to all of you that make pumpkin pies - do you use real pumpkin as in scooped out from the large orange gourd or tinned??

When I was living in Canada, I must admit to using E D Smith's tinned pumpkin pie filling, which was really tasty (hey, at least I tried; I could've bought one!). Now I'm in Scotland, cannot find tinned pumpkin anywhere so if I want pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving (and for me, that's Oct 8th) I'm going to have to do it from scratch.

Anybody got any tried and tested methods......please???!!!:pumpkin:

I always (at least for the last 14years of my existance) have used Libby's "100% pure pumpkin" and add my own spices. That way you can get it just right. I've never made a real one, so i wish you best of luck!

Trinityjae

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 25, 2008
Usually we have a large variety of pies on our table on Thanksgiving. We have pumpkin pie, apple pie, cherry pie, lemon meringue pie, chocolate cream pie, coconut custard pie and pineapple pie. In addition to that we have pumpkin cheesecake and tiramisu (my personal favorite). The only way to enjoy them all is to have a sliver of each!

loksi

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Jul 14, 2008
Oklahoma
Y...E...S....!!!!!!

I confess I do not wish to cause any hostess or household any extra stress during any holiday setting, therefore I must force myself and partake of each pie offered - all in the name of being a good guest I assure you! Well now, there are seldom any bad pies out there and as to my favorite? It's the one I just happen to be eating at the time!

A great big thank you to all you wonderful pie makers (and pie eaters), and may your Thanksgiving be filled with many reasons for Thanks.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image