Remember When Black Friday Was on a Friday?

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
Walmart sealed the deal finally – they too will begin their Black Friday promotions at 6pm on Thanksgiving night. We called it a year ago – after a flood of retailers caved by opening earlier than ever before – most at 10pm on Thanksgiving night. This year it is 6pm....

More from My Merry Christmas...

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
There was a time when I enjoyed getting up at the crack of dawn and go out hunting for certain presents my kids wanted it would be competitive getting what you wanted however for the most part people were friendly . The last few years however I have noticed a general change in the whole atmosphere of it people now seem down right mean and would trample you for a tv or laptop!!!! Not sure if it's just plain desperation by people with limited incomes myself could be included in that statement or if people have just lost the meaning of the season I don't know but I think this year I will sit at my computer Thanksgiving night with some pumpkin pie and order online ..

Reactions: 2 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
There was a time when I enjoyed getting up at the crack of dawn and go out hunting for certain presents my kids wanted it would be competitive getting what you wanted however for the most part people were friendly . The last few years however I have noticed a general change in the whole atmosphere of it people now seem down right mean and would trample you for a tv or laptop!!!! Not sure if it's just plain desperation by people with limited incomes myself could be included in that statement or if people have just lost the meaning of the season I don't know but I think this year I will sit at my computer Thanksgiving night with some pumpkin pie and order online ..

I agree!! I'll get the deals online, and be listening to Christmas music from the comfort & safety of my home [emoji319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
Black Friday isn't much fun anymore. I used to be excited about going to the next store, now I can't wait to get back home. :-?

Reactions: 2 people

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I refuse to change my Thanksgiving dinner plans. We host and usually have a full house all day with dinner around 4ish. After dinner/dessert clean up family start heading home around 8 so that mean I won't head out until after that. I may do more online ordering this year. We shall see.

I miss the days of getting up at 3/4 am, heading out with coffee in hand to stand in line.

Reactions: 3 people

JoseChung

Eggnog Chugger
MMC Member
Jul 9, 2014
Europe
Black Friday has been happening in the UK for the last few years. I heard some real horror stories last year with people fighting when queuing outside the shop, fighting in the shops and even people getting robbed when they leave the shop!

I will never understand these people and their mental state during a sale

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person

tyreejames

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Sep 28, 2013
The past 3-4 years have seen me doing more online shopping the week of Thanksgiving. I cook for my family and I refuse to leave them in the middle of the day for a deal. Spending time with them is far more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image