MMC Stop Losing Your Head About Starbucks

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
I am not a coffee drinker. And I will tell you straight up, I’ve dealt with Starbucks on the business end and I think little of them. My personal opinion of their products is that they sell an over-priced offering that has zero appeal to me. Yes, I’ve been in...

Continue reading...

MsRose

Christmas Card Fanatic
MMC Donor
MMC Member
Aug 2, 2015
Somewhere Over The Rainbow USA
I just thought it was interesting they don't want Christmas on there Cups Ok that;s there right.
But i find it funny all there gift cards and products in the store start Gearing up for the season ?! LOL

Reactions: Christmasstar

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I wonder how many of these people that are complaining about the cups are the same ones who are going into stores complaining it is too early for Christmas stuff.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
I personally wouldn't give you two wooden nickels for a cup of Starbucks coffee. I'd rather get a cup of coffee from a Ma & Pa shop, a Royal Farm store or a 7-11. I don't care about weather Starbucks has a Christmas tree, a Christmas hat or a Christmas cup. What irks me, is the fact that a minority can change the entire process of anything because they don't like it, support it, celebrate it or whatever....

What ever happened to minding ones own business, respecting the feelings and rights of the other people that you want to inflict that change upon, what about their rights, freedoms and liberties.... No!!! we can't do that anymore, we have to cave to political pressure, we have to give trophies out to the entire team so as not to make anyone feel like a loser. Well, hey news flash, you just came in last place, you lost, get over it, move on, quit or strive to become better! Oh My Gosh, heaven forbid, we don't want to hurt their self esteem.... TV, politicians, corporations, and yes even in sports.

The problem is not the cup, not the glacier, not tree, etc.... it's this world that we live in. It's the cynical, selfish, the all about me; people in the world of ours. We made it this way because we, (Society) has allowed for it to happen. Question is, when will all of this political correctness, this all about me, and endless selfishness come to an end???? God only knows!!!!!

So I agree! so, in closing, I must ask, is this actually about coffee, Christmas trees, Starbucks themselves or is it really about selfish people and their all about me lifestyle......

Reactions: MsRose

GingerMel

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 1, 2006
Clinton, CT
I haven't actually heard from anyone who does have a problem with the cups. I'm not sure it's really a problem or if it's just something for the media to report on. The cup is red and the logo is green. That's kinda Christmasy. I really don't care what they choose to do with their business but yeah, I can see how everything is moving into an even more P.C. direction and things like this slowly creep that further along. Meh, I'm good with whatever though.

Reactions: MsRose

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
We hold our meetings in Starbucks. Yes the cups are different, but the store is full of Christmas things. They are playing Christmas carols, they have Christmas blend coffee. They have advent calendars out, Christmas ornaments. I believe its more of something to complain about.

Reactions: GingerMel

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image