Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Lunch went very well, everything came out well and on time (even a bit early)! I set the table with my grandma's china, some used it, some didn't and I didn't use any of the serving pieces but it was fun to get it out and use it!

IMG_7914 (3).jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I've been nauseous all day. Not sure what happened. I woke up feeling fine. Was it the French Toast I made? Others ate it and felt fine. But someone told me they remember one time I felt sick after eating it. Anyway, I won't get graphic but what's the odds of getting "sick to your stomach" right before Thanksgiving dinner when you haven't vomited in probably 2 or 3 years?

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I've been nauseous all day. Not sure what happened. I woke up feeling fine. Was it the French Toast I made? Others ate it and felt fine. But someone told me they remember one time I felt sick after eating it. Anyway, I won't get graphic but what's the odds of getting "sick to your stomach" right before Thanksgiving dinner when you haven't vomited in probably 2 or 3 years?
@Edge612, I am so sorry to hear that. After all the anticipation that is not fun. I hope it passes and is nothing serious.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
First off, I hope @Edge612 has nothing serious and could enjoy Thanksgiving with his friends and family.

Secondly, Thanksgiving here is winding down. It was a good day. We are having a second Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at my Mom and Grandma's house, we didn't get to see her today. Too many stops in one day, I have ranted about it on here before. I am reaching a breaking point and next year will be different, I vow it.

It was a great day, and worthy of one that we chased all year long. Tomorrow that ride starts all over again and I can't wait. I feel almost like I get a "jump start" because I'm living in the Thanksgiving afterglow by having a second dinner tomorrow. I'm not sure when the new thread is going up, but I'll be there. Thank you @Edge612 !

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
FINAL THANKSGIVING THOUGHTS
Well I'm never to forget this Thanksgiving. I woke up feeling fine. And then by mid-morning I felt nauseous. Battled it throughout the day. Half the time I'd go back to bed and will myself to get up to spend time with family and keep traditions. But as you all know when you're not feeling well it's hard to get full enjoyment out of them. I got "sick to my stomach" right before Thanksgiving dinner. Felt better then enough to sit at the table. But I ate like 3 olives and a couple of bites of turkey. Drank a couple of glasses of ice cold water. That was my Thanksgiving. After dinner I went to lie down and fell asleep for over an hour. Took my temperature out of curiosity and it's 100.5. Nothing you can do about it just very weird timing. Normally the few times I've been sick on a big holiday it was more of I had it a few days earlier and I recover by the time we get to the big day at least somewhat to be decent. This was more of just hitting me although not an overly crazy sickness definitely didn't feel good at all and couldn't eat. But I still love Thanksgiving and this isn't the worst one for me. One time my gramps went to the hospital on Thanksgiving when I was a kid. He turned out to be ok but the last thing you want on any day let alone Thanksgiving is to have someone call an ambulance. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving today. And I was thinking this morning (before sickness hit) at how I really love this thread and there isn't any sadness when Thanksgiving ends. Kind of hard to with the Christmas Season coming and the 2024 Thanksgiving Thread which will launch in a few minutes. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone for one final time in this thread!​

Irishsnow

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Dec 5, 2005
Ireland
FB_IMG_1700756319602.jpg

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
The universe played a not very funny joke on you. Hope you get better soon.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
FINAL THANKSGIVING THOUGHTS
Well I'm never to forget this Thanksgiving. I woke up feeling fine. And then by mid-morning I felt nauseous. Battled it throughout the day. Half the time I'd go back to bed and will myself to get up to spend time with family and keep traditions. But as you all know when you're not feeling well it's hard to get full enjoyment out of them. I got "sick to my stomach" right before Thanksgiving dinner. Felt better then enough to sit at the table. But I ate like 3 olives and a couple of bites of turkey. Drank a couple of glasses of ice cold water. That was my Thanksgiving. After dinner I went to lie down and fell asleep for over an hour. Took my temperature out of curiosity and it's 100.5. Nothing you can do about it just very weird timing. Normally the few times I've been sick on a big holiday it was more of I had it a few days earlier and I recover by the time we get to the big day at least somewhat to be decent. This was more of just hitting me although not an overly crazy sickness definitely didn't feel good at all and couldn't eat. But I still love Thanksgiving and this isn't the worst one for me. One time my gramps went to the hospital on Thanksgiving when I was a kid. He turned out to be ok but the last thing you want on any day let alone Thanksgiving is to have someone call an ambulance. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving today. And I was thinking this morning (before sickness hit) at how I really love this thread and there isn't any sadness when Thanksgiving ends. Kind of hard to with the Christmas Season coming and the 2024 Thanksgiving Thread which will launch in a few minutes. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone for one final time in this thread!​
I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that sickness. Praying for you my friend.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Happy no spending day! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have to say the turducken was a huge hit and made the most delicious gravy I've ever tasted, and I'm normally not a gravy person.

We need to be thankful for every little thing. Tomorrow isn't promised and the present is what we have. Enjoy!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving ... @Edge612 So sorry you were sick. Hope you are feeling better!
The last 5 days were great but they most certainly kicked my butt. Wed was spent cleaning, cooking and baking. Thankfully my DD's classes were cut short so she could come home early and wrangle up her toddler who was by the way trying to get into everything LOL.
Thursday was great, cooked all day, watched the parade and football and enjoyed having family over for dinner. Friday, I watched my grandson in the morning, yup took him shopping with me LOL, spent the afternoon shopping with DH. Saturday and Sunday were spent taking down the fall/Thanksgiving decorations and decorating the house for Christmas which is s till a work in progress.
Back to work today and Enjoying Sitting at my desk.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image