Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I am behind schedule today, better later than never.
I agree with liking it later in the month, sad to say that dinner tonite will be the end of Thanksgiving 2018. I purposely this year held off on making any turkey dinners in mid summer (mainly because it was just to darn hot). It just seems sort of sad that having waited so long it will now bring it to a close.
I'm thinking a turkey dinner in February would hit the spot. Warm up the house when we need it.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 367 DAYS

Happy Cyber Monday! Thanksgiving Week is now officially over. We have 52 full weeks this year to get back to it. That's forever isn't it? But today let's focus on Cyber Monday. It all goes with Thanksgiving. Any good deals you find online today? I hope so. And if not, maybe you're like me and have 1 more night of leftover turkey. Yum. That's something to look forward to on the day back to work after Thanksgiving Week. The count continues to drop by 1 a day. 370 seems like only a day ago but it was 3 days already. Have a happy Cyber Monday!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I held off last night and we ordered pizza. Today is the last meal for Thanksgiving, and I will relish every single bite. It seems weird to have a full week left of November after Thanksgiving, it really is bothering me.

Reactions: Minta and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I held off last night and we ordered pizza. Today is the last meal for Thanksgiving, and I will relish every single bite. It seems weird to have a full week left of November after Thanksgiving, it really is bothering me.
Wow CW. I had pizza last night too. I purposely held off on Thanksgiving leftovers for tonight also. And I totally agree with the whole having a full week left in November AFTER Thanksgiving. We won't have that situation next year. We'll be into December by Thanksgiving Weekend!

Reactions: Minta

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 366 DAYS

Good 1 year till Thanksgiving Eve! Yep 1 year from today on the 27th we'll be on the verge of Thanksgiving again! I know it's a year away but at least that "over 1 year" part of the count is winding down. Now the count sits at 366 days. Anyone notice that the Cyber Monday Deals & Black Friday deals lately don't seem to be as great as they used to be? Some of these sales I could get any time during the year. But it is certainly fun to shop around Thanksgiving time than it is the previous 11 months of the year. Have a great day and if you do still have any turkey leftovers today would be the day to finish them!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I have a tiny bit left that was just to much for dinner last night. Wont be long and I will have visions of stuffing and gravy dancing in my head. :(
And maybe a tiny bit of fall decor.o_O

Reactions: Minta and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I have a tiny bit left that was just to much for dinner last night. Wont be long and I will have visions of stuffing and gravy dancing in my head. :(
And maybe a tiny bit of fall decor.o_O
Those are great visions though aren't they? :)

Reactions: Minta

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 365 DAYS

Morning on this 28th of November! And as you can see from the count this morning we are exactly 1 year away from Thanksgiving. 365 days to go. A full year is a very long time but it's nice to know we got past the "over 1 year" part of our count. Just enjoy the glow of the Christmas Season and think today how 1 year from today will be one of our personal favorite days here in this thread. Fun to think about. What's your favorite moment from Thanksgiving 2018? I would have to say for me it was just the feeling of getting ready on Thanksgiving Afternoon while cooking and being with the family. Now I hope you all enjoy today and smile at the fact at the next time it's November 28th we'll be basking in Thanksgiving Day once again!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I really enjoyed the last bit of Thanksgiving dinner last night. The last 2 months before Thanksgiving was quite a wait though since I had refrained from cooking turkey for months. It was kind of sad knowing that the last bite meant Thanksgiving was over with.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I really enjoyed the last bit of Thanksgiving dinner last night. The last 2 months before Thanksgiving was quite a wait though since I had refrained from cooking turkey for months. It was kind of sad knowing that the last bite meant Thanksgiving was over with.
Gotta savor those bites eh CW? Don't turn Thanksgiving dinner into a 12 minute chomp-fest :).

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 364 DAYS

Good 1 week down and 52 to go! Last Thursday it was Thanksgiving Day! Hard to believe it was a week ago already but it has been great basking in the post Thanksgiving glow this week while we head towards Christmas. Every Thursday here we'll really acknowledge how we're 1 week closer besides our normal days count. With that said we now are 52 weeks until Thanksgiving which as you can plainly see from the count above is 364 days. That's a normal wait for Thanksgiving so we've gotten the excess wait out of the way. Pretty cool seeing the tree put up in Rockefeller Center wasn't it? I wish for Thanksgiving Season they'd put up a giant turkey. Have a great day and think about how 1 week ago we were on Thanksgiving!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image