Status
Not open for further replies.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Hii xmastidings..Merry christmas and Happy new year to you my friend...Sounds like a good evening planned for new years eve...All the best for 2019:)

Thank you Prancer. Oh yea, and I predict that there will be some seafood consumed with Old Bay Seasoning on it during the course of the evening.

Here’s wishing the same to you also!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Good Sunday morning, Christmas friends!

It took all day Friday and Saturday, but I'm finally (mostly) over the cold I had. Still a lingering cough, but that's ok.

I'm actually ready to go to work. I don't want them to start thinking they can run without me. ;)

We're about to head out to mom's for dinner.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Glad to hear your feeling better Brad!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
We had to take our live Christmas tree down today. We have had it since the day after Thanksgiving and altho we were diligent about watering it the tree was dry and too much of a fire hazard! I still have all of my other trees and decorations up but boy does the living room look sad without my main tree.

It’s such a bummer, to have to take down your Christmas tree, especially when on the inside, you really don’t want to.

I’m hoping to keep mine up into February, unless my adorable youngest kitty reeks havoc on it again....

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Prayers for Tom.
There are some people from MMC I think of when the Hallmark films are airing and you are one of them.
I watch a few during the season, but I'm not an avid watcher.

Neither was I, that is until I met my wife. Ever since I first met her, she watched the Hallmark Christmas movies. Since we’ve been married, I started to watch the Hallmark Christmas movies with her, and before I knew it, they started to grow on me. Especially this year, there was some really pretty good ones.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
It’s New Years Eve Day, can you believe it, that we are here, at the threshold of a New Year already? It’s so astonishing just how quickly the time just seems to vanish like the morning misty air.

Normally, I would be asleep right now, but I fell asleep downstairs and I woke up after 2 and now I cannot get back to sleep, well, at least as of this moment.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
wow, the last day of 2018 already ! Seems to me the older I get the faster the years go by.
This year, especially the last half, had been crazy busy with next to no spare time for anything. But , made it through with only a few bruises. Looking forward to an exciting new year.
Off to work this morning, taking mom shopping this afternoon. Not doing much for new years eve, so hoping to be here for the countdown.
Hope you all have a fantastic day !

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy New Years Eve MMC!
Not too much going on here today. I have to do some cleaning and I’ll be working on the laundry. We have plans to go out for dinner later tonight. Can’t believe it’s the last day of 2018. I’ll pop back in here at some point. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Happy New Years Eve MMC!
Not too much going on here today. I have to do some cleaning and I’ll be working on the laundry. We have plans to go out for dinner later tonight. Can’t believe it’s the last day of 2018. I’ll pop back in here at some point. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx
Happy new years eve to you and your family too !

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Happy New Years Eve! Willbe working to taking down the Christmas Tree and the inside Christmas Decorations and putting up the snowman/winter decorations. Will have to wait until this weekend to take down the outside Christmas Decorations and put up the winter decorations due the weather. We are going to a party at one of our neighbors tonight.Not sure of we will stay until midnight, we shall see.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Happy New Years Eve! I have to work until 10 tonight. Mike said he would take me in and pick me up. He will take us back home after midnight and then tomorrow I am off all day. I'm not sure what we will do but I'm hoping we might get to relax and do shopping.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good New Year’s Eve! I can’t believe 2018 is almost over. I’m ready to move forward to a better year. We’ll go grocery shopping in a bit and there are the usual chores to do, but we’ll spend the rest of the time relaxing one last day by the Christmas tree, playing video games and watching movies. Then tonight we’ll take in the year-end reviews. Have a wonderful day everyone!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Gooooooood NYE morning! Do you have big plans for NYE? I do, too!

My plans involve taking a nap this afternoon, drinking coffe, watching football, and going to sleep by 10:00. I'm too old for this late stuff. I like to wake early and read, so I'm usually yawning by 8:00 or so. Tonight will be no different.

The Mule was a good movie. Clint Eastwood has been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember. Seeing him in this movie was kinda sad. He is getting up there in age.

Last night, my niece had a wreck in the town where we live. She was down visiting a friend and was driving on unfamiliar roads. It was raining, dark....you know the spill. She hit a telephone pole. She was probably going 30 mph and it tore her car up pretty good. Since her parents live 30 minutes away, I went and took care of the her and all the other stuff. They didn't write her any tickets or anything. She is so lucky. The night before, two people were killed in a wreck not 300 yards from where she was. I'm grateful she is ok...

Well, time to go cook the chili. I am looking forward to watching the games today and I'm kinda excited about it being NYE. Yall have a good one!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good morning, Folks.
It's here. The final day of 2018 and the final day of this thread.
The transition will occur promptly at midnight and hopefully will go seamlessly, with the tiniest of delay between the ending of "Christmas Countdown - 2018" and the beginning of "Christmas Countdown - 2019".
It's been a good year and after a huge drop off in posts for 2017, we saw an increase again this year.
Try to be here if you are able, as midnight eastern time approaches. The excitement is second only to the evening of Season Eve (tinged with a little bit of melancholy nostalgia).

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Happy New Years Eve, MMC!!!!

It’s going to be a rainy windy day here. So I won’t be doing anything outside. The guy that runs the seasonal department at Walmart told me they’d be going 75% off today. So I might run and see what’s left. Other than that, I don’t have anything planned. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy New Year's Eve!
My office is closed today, but Mr. is working until 3 p.m. Nothing particular to do, since we spend NYE at home having a movie marathon until midnight, when we watch the ball drop in Times Square. We're having a neighbor family in on Saturday evening, so I'll leave the trees up and decorated. Last two days of celebration before the regular, non-holiday year starts! We'll be having our own celebration at midnight, but I'll try to check in to the new thread before bed. Will probably pop in here a few times before this thread ends.

I noticed this week that a couple of the Christmas-lighted houses in the neighborhood have already stopped turning their lights on at night. I'm hoping they'll light up again tonight for NYE.

I saw a streaming documentary this week about Christmas in England in the Tudor times among the farmers, when they celebrated a full 12 days. Very interesting! Made me wish the modern day would adopt the 12 days of celebration again, but that's not likely in the mainstream. So Wednesday will be our "Plough Monday."

NovaMan

The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada

Happy Day 7 and Happy New Years Eve:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums