MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning all!

We went to see Holmes and Watson yesterday evening. It was pretty funny. Typical Will Ferrell type of movie. My wife and I are both big Sherlock Holmes fans so we really wanted to see it. In terms of actual Holmes movies and shows, in my opinion, there is none better than Jeremy Britt's version. Britt really took the role of Holmes straight out of the pages of the books. Thanks to Christmas, I now have the entire tv series on DVD!:D
Amen to the Jeremy Brett Holmes episodes! I got the series for Christmas on Blu-Ray a few years ago, and they look marvelous. Love to see “The Blue Carbuncle” during the season, or when I want a taste of Christmas!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Amen to the Jeremy Brett Holmes episodes! I got the series for Christmas on Blu-Ray a few years ago, and they look marvelous. Love to see “The Blue Carbuncle” during the season, or when I want a taste of Christmas!

I’ll take a slightly contrarian view and admit I prefer the team of Rathbone and Bruce. Their OTR work was a joy to listen to. But i’ve always been a little sideways from conventional preferences. Am I the only one who thought Roger Moore and not Sean Connery was the best 007?

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
It's quite rainy here today. Its Mike's birthday today so we will go out for lunch and his mom offered to make him dinner tonight. We may stop in to visit my cousin also depending on how he is feeling. I am hoping to squeeze a trip to the mall in also for the Bath and Body Works semi annual sale

Happy Belated Birthday to Mike!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I’ll take a slightly contrarian view and admit I prefer the team of Rathbone and Bruce. Their OTR work was a joy to listen to. But i’ve always been a little sideways from conventional preferences. Am I the only one who thought Roger Moore and not Sean Connery was the best 007?
Mr. likes Rathbone and Bruce best, too, in the movies.
Have you heard Rathbone’s reading of “The Night Before Christmas”? The “Now Dasher, now Dancer” part reminds us of “The game is afoot!”

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning MMC! Happy Saturday...I woke up feeling like I am getting a cold so it will be a relaxing weekend. Hope you all have a great day!

Hope you feel better soon!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Keeping Tom in my thoughts and prayers Holiday...Enjoy watching chrimbo movies pal...I hope The Christmas Card is on your list to watch Holiday:p:D:p

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Sunday morning! I fell asleep around 7:40pm and woke up at 3am, my internal clock is all messed up. Turns out yesterday my brother had spaced out and didn't realize it was Saturday when I called him to ask him if he was arriving soon, as my dad was here already. He doesn't drive and it would've taken forerver by bus with the weekend schedules, so I went to get him instead and we enjoyed a nice family afternoon. And of course I made too much food.

Today David and I are celebrating 17 years together. I still can't believe how time flies. We'll go out to a favourite restaurant tonight and otherwise just enjoy a nice, relaxing day. We may watch The Lord of the Rings, the movie we watched on our very first date.

Have a great day everyone!
Happy Anniversary, Martine!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Sunday morning, Christmas friends!

It took all day Friday and Saturday, but I'm finally (mostly) over the cold I had. Still a lingering cough, but that's ok.

I'm actually ready to go to work. I don't want them to start thinking they can run without me. ;)

We're about to head out to mom's for dinner.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH

Rathbone is good, no doubt. His radio work is better than the films in my opinion. His first two movies were good, but then, not necessarily his fault, they changed the context of Holmes and put him in WWII. I am not a fan when Hollywood takes a character and puts them in a new time period. That is my problem with the newer movies and the current series with Cumberbatch.
The Brett series and movies are such an authentic and accurate portrayal to the books and stories.

I think Roger Moore did a nice job as Bond. I think his movies suffered due to a lack of writing and the start of reliance on gadgets for Bond to use. My dad really likes Daniel Craig as Bond, but I have not watched his movies so I cannot say.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Good Sunday morning! I fell asleep around 7:40pm and woke up at 3am, my internal clock is all messed up. Turns out yesterday my brother had spaced out and didn't realize it was Saturday when I called him to ask him if he was arriving soon, as my dad was here already. He doesn't drive and it would've taken forerver by bus with the weekend schedules, so I went to get him instead and we enjoyed a nice family afternoon. And of course I made too much food.

Today David and I are celebrating 17 years together. I still can't believe how time flies. We'll go out to a favourite restaurant tonight and otherwise just enjoy a nice, relaxing day. We may watch The Lord of the Rings, the movie we watched on our very first date.

Happy Anniversary!!!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Same old story here ... while heading over to my dads for a visit, I switched directions and went and got my husband a chair with wheels; we're calling it a run about. I get something in my mind and I can't shake it off until I get it done.

I've been looking for one for a few weeks. Saved $80.00, but I likely would have bought it full price because it's what I think will work best. Might have to add a rollator eventually.

So, dear ol' dad got pushed away until next weekend. He doesn't really mind, he's working on a book about his life so that's entertaining him and he isn't feeling lonely. We usually wind up chatting for 15 minutes or longer to catch up anyway.

Chili soup is on the stove; cleaned the kitchen and entrance way floors, but not much else of a domestic nature accomplished today.

I'm not ready for Christmas to end so I dropped off some festive cookies to the gang at The Sub Place (Greek food and any kind of sub you could want) and they're donating it back to an awareness campaign for an acquaintance (someone I know as well) who committed suicide two years ago November. They give them away to customers in small baggies, but there's a jar to raise money in his memory for Mental Health and Wellness in our area. They have raised over $11,500.00 from various fundraising efforts since his family started it.

I like it when people can take a tragedy and use it to help others.

As I was heading home, I saw Santa again - not wearing his suit, but it made me smile 'cause I know he wears the suit quite a bit in December and sometimes in mid-July.

Suddenly, my thoughts turn to Christmas again as is always the case.

Stay jolly! -surprise-

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
From 38 new Hallmark movies to 0. I’ve seen all of them except 1. A Majestic Christmas. They’ve never reaired it. So that makes we wonder how bad it was. Because as we all know, they love to show their movies over and over and over again.

We still have 3 more days though. So I’ll probably have them on nonstop between now and 8am on the 2nd.

Made582, here's a link if you want to download it:
https://www.filefactory.com/file/5r47kxic4c9p/a.majestic.christmas.2018.hdtv.x264-w4f.mkv

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Happy Anniversary, Martine!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Sunday morning, Christmas friends!

It took all day Friday and Saturday, but I'm finally (mostly) over the cold I had. Still a lingering cough, but that's ok.

I'm actually ready to go to work. I don't want them to start thinking they can run without me. ;)

We're about to head out to mom's for dinner.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Glad you are feeling better! Hope the cough goes away soon!!

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
We had to take our live Christmas tree down today. We have had it since the day after Thanksgiving and altho we were diligent about watering it the tree was dry and too much of a fire hazard! I still have all of my other trees and decorations up but boy does the living room look sad without my main tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image