Status
Not open for further replies.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

I’m sorry to hear about your brother-laws brother. I’ll pray that he can recover and regain what he lost in his vision and that he won’t have further strokes.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
We will leave our tree up and decorated, lights lit till like sometime around maybe February or later.

The same goes for the outside lights. They look so beautiful outside especially when your in the dull-drums of those long winter months of January, February and into March. When it’s snowing outside, I’ll turn the lights on and wow, does it ever look so beautiful!!!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Good Afternoon/Evening MMC friends....Hope everyone is looking forward to New Years Eve party to bring in a new year:)

No New Years parties for us. We like to stay home and bring in the New Years kinda quietly, with some good seafood, lots of goodies, some cranberry-grape sparkling bubbly, a real good movie and lots of xx/oo’s!!!

-smooch-

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
God Bless him! Lots of continued prayers - keep us all updated!
Thank you! Right now they think it is vasculitis so they are using steroids to treat it. He won't come home til maybe next week. He may need speech therapy for a bit. He also needs to make an appointment with Wills Eye as he may be having issues with his eyes due to all this
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

Everyone, have a great day!!!
Praying for tom and recovery of his eye sight

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
No New Years parties for us. We like to stay home and bring in the New Years kinda quietly, with some good seafood, lots of goodies, some cranberry-grape sparkling bubbly, a real good movie and lots of xx/oo’s!!!

-smooch-

Hii xmastidings..Merry christmas and Happy new year to you my friend...Sounds like a good evening planned for new years eve...All the best for 2019:)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

I'll be keeping Tom in my thoughts for a full recovery. And what a lovely thing to do to light your brother's tree through St Patrick's Day to remember him.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

-smooch-
That's our kind of New Year's Eve as well. In Québec, it's tradition to watch various shows poking fun at the year that was. David and I seldom make it to midnight though.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! I fell asleep around 7:40pm and woke up at 3am, my internal clock is all messed up. Turns out yesterday my brother had spaced out and didn't realize it was Saturday when I called him to ask him if he was arriving soon, as my dad was here already. He doesn't drive and it would've taken forerver by bus with the weekend schedules, so I went to get him instead and we enjoyed a nice family afternoon. And of course I made too much food.

Today David and I are celebrating 17 years together. I still can't believe how time flies. We'll go out to a favourite restaurant tonight and otherwise just enjoy a nice, relaxing day. We may watch The Lord of the Rings, the movie we watched on our very first date.

Have a great day everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Happy New Years Eve Eve! Only 2 days to go in the year. Today we will visit another Uncle this evening. Luckily, I'm off through New Years so I'll have 2 more days to get some relaxation in. It's been a heck of a December though. So much fun...and so many memories. Have a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Prayers for Tom.
There are some people from MMC I think of when the Hallmark films are airing and you are one of them.
I watch a few during the season, but I'm not an avid watcher.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hey M! It was a very fun day! She got me Pajama Gram's!! I ♥ them!! Soooooo warm & comfy cozy!! It's possible no one will be me until it's 80º outside. HA!!
It's much chillier here today too!!
Merry Saturday!!!

I got pajama grams from my grands several years ago. Very fleecy.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Sunday morning! I fell asleep around 7:40pm and woke up at 3am, my internal clock is all messed up. Turns out yesterday my brother had spaced out and didn't realize it was Saturday when I called him to ask him if he was arriving soon, as my dad was here already. He doesn't drive and it would've taken forerver by bus with the weekend schedules, so I went to get him instead and we enjoyed a nice family afternoon. And of course I made too much food.

Today David and I are celebrating 17 years together. I still can't believe how time flies. We'll go out to a favourite restaurant tonight and otherwise just enjoy a nice, relaxing day. We may watch The Lord of the Rings, the movie we watched on our very first date.

Happy Anniversary! -smooch- Enjoy the restaurant and time with each other.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Happy Anniversary!
xo

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!

We went to see Holmes and Watson yesterday evening. It was pretty funny. Typical Will Ferrell type of movie. My wife and I are both big Sherlock Holmes fans so we really wanted to see it. In terms of actual Holmes movies and shows, in my opinion, there is none better than Jeremy Britt's version. Britt really took the role of Holmes straight out of the pages of the books. Thanks to Christmas, I now have the entire tv series on DVD!:D

Notre Dame lost to Clemson yesterday which was not ok. I am a big Notre Dame fan and have been since the 1980s. I am hoping my Browns can pull off the win against the Ravens today. And, it is weird saying this, by I am hoping the Bengals can win today too. They are playing the Steelers and I want the Ravens to make the playoffs, but I also want them to lose to the Browns. So the only way to keep the Ravens in with a loss is for the Steelers to also lose.

Well, everyone have a great day!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I usually look forward to going back to work after a Christmas vacation, but all of the sudden I feel like tomorrow is too soon. I had a few tasks I should have worked on while I was off, but I managed to avoid it so I could enjoy my vacation instead. Sometimes I need to let go and move some tasks to another day or week; gives me time to recharge my merry batteries.

Thought I saw lightning flicker in the sky lastnight, but there was no rain. It was over one of our lakes, could have been lights from a plane I suppose. We haven't had an electrical storm in the winter for three years (as far as I recall).

Going over to visit with my dad today for a few hours and consider tackling some housework (I don't consider it too long if it interrupts my playtime - haha).

Going to make some chili style soup. I love cooking, but the cat doesn't care for me singing songs associated with spices and such. I get a bit weird and start making up operas about oregano and Worcester sauce - and I ham it up BIG TIME!

Have a super Sunday! Yes, the last Sunday for 2018.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Good morning, friends. Hope all is well in your part of the world. We had a few nice, slow days around here. Not much has gone on since Thursday evening. I'm gearing up to go back to work, but not for another few days. I am working on getting my inbox cleaned out and my to do list ready so I can show up and get to work.

Today, Doc and I are going to see The Mule. It has been what seems like forever since we went on a date. I'm looking forward to it, even if it is just a few hours of us. Also plan on cooking some chili right after church, so it is going to be a busy afternoon until we leave. That also means no football for me. My team is in, so there isn't much to root for. While they might be in, I have a feeling they will only play one game and head into the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image