Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you! A Merry Friday to you! xx

It was very windy out this way, too! There are branches and big pieces of dead tree trunks all over the backyard. Today was in the upper 50s and tomorrow we will be lucky to see 30*.

Sounds like you have a merry day on tap! :)
xx
Hey M! It was a very fun day! She got me Pajama Gram's!! I ♥ them!! Soooooo warm & comfy cozy!! It's possible no one will be me until it's 80º outside. HA!!
It's much chillier here today too!!
Merry Saturday!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Oh wow a New Years Eve wedding would be amazing! I personally have found that this time of the year has been a pretty hectic time to get married. I hope my other two girls choose a different season when the time comes!
xx
My niece got married on Dec. 30 last year & it was hectic - for everyone, as all us aunts help with decorating the hall on top of caring for mom & Christmassing!! So I'm ok if they have a spring wedding, though a Christmas would be beautiful!! My ex - boss was complaining about having a NYE wedding this year. He said it's just too busy! It all works out!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday evening! Finally my work week is done and I can enjoy a 4-day weekend. I am exhausted as I was again woken up last night for a false alarm at the store. I have now requested to have the mall’s fire alarm panel disconnected from the store’s alarm system. When the mall’s fire alarm panel is triggered, I shouldn’t have to show up, there is nothing I can do, it’s up to their security people and firefighters to reset everything.

So tonight I will try and relax in between baking some treats for my family coming over tomorrow. I don’t know how much I’ll get done, I am yawning like crazy here. Enjoy a great evening everyone!
Hope you had a good & relaxing night & you are able to be disconnected from being contacted about store alarms! That would get old!!! Have a great day Martine! (((Hugs))) to Loki! Enjoy the time with your family!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
That wind was INSANE! We lost power for over two hours because of it, and our outside decorations were quite the mess this morning! And I agree, 53 degrees in December? Just awful. This is why we have snow in April in Ohio, because it is 53 in December! Crazy weather!
It is crazy weather. Our lights flickered once, but never went out! I hope your mess wasn't too bad to clean up!! It is much cooler today! :) (though it was still spitting rain....) And you are right about the snow in April...please just let it be winter when it's SUPPOSED to be winter!!!! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday evening everyone! Not too much happening today. It was warm and rainy here but should be back to the 30's tomorrow. Those kinds of crazy temp drops are what make our sinuses go haywire! I had gone shopping at Lowe's on the 26th and bought a bunch of outdoor lights and stuff at 75% off. Then, my husband went last night without me and saw a beautiful LED display high up on one of the shelves with lighted garland, wreath, tree, candy canes, snowflakes, a projector, and a few other things. He figured out with all the parts and pieces it would have been almost $500 to buy it all, but it was 75% off, and since it was an open display with no boxes, they discounted it even more so he got everything for $70! He is good at bartering with people, haha! The decorations are really beautiful and I will put them to good use next year! I went to Dollar General and stocked up on boxes, tags and bags (and ONE more tree, as if 9 wasn't enough this year!) I couldn't help myself!! I hope everyone has a great Friday evening!
What a great buy!!! And ahhhh - what's ONE MORE TREE?? ;) :D

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
I’m with you on this I will be celebrating until who knows when I will even be mowing my lawn in the spring with Christmas music playing. But it’s just not the same when everyone else moves on .
It does have a different feel doesnt it? We followed some advice on here and now throw a CIJ party for a whole weekend. We try to have it follow along with QVC weekend. Everybody brings a Christmas dish to pass and we decorate inside. Its not like some parties I have read about here, but its just enough to make it until Sept.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Happy Saturday...I woke up feeling like I am getting a cold so it will be a relaxing weekend. Hope you all have a great day!
Hope you kick that cold in the bootie!!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Afternoon/Evening MMC friends....Hope everyone is looking forward to New Years Eve party to bring in a new year:)
Hi pal!!!
-santa-

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
It does have a different feel doesnt it? We followed some advice on here and now throw a CIJ party for a whole weekend. We try to have it follow along with QVC weekend. Everybody brings a Christmas dish to pass and we decorate inside. Its not like some parties I have read about here, but its just enough to make it until Sept.
Agreed CIJ parties are great we usually do one as well including tree ,lights ,music and all .Hallmark is usually running their CIJ movies and the hallmark store is rolling out ornaments as well so that all helps .

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Your brother in law's brother is in my thoughts. I hope he recovers soon.

I too will continue to watch Christmas movies on Youtube and Netflix. I watched the 1938 Christmas Carol this morning actually.

Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Your brother in law's brother is in my thoughts. I hope he recovers soon.

I too will continue to watch Christmas movies on Youtube and Netflix. I watched the 1938 Christmas Carol this morning actually.

Have a great day!
Thank you!!

I still need to watch at least 1 version of Christmas Carol this year!!

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
So, when does everyone start picking up? I just got done taking down my Christmas decoration in the living room. I know I do it early, but when does everyone else do it?

Our stuff doesn't come down until Epiphany or Old Christmas Day, Jan. 6. It's always been our tradition. Of course, the holiday leftovers may last a little longer than that.
-santa dance-

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

Everyone, have a great day!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Praying for a full recovery for Tom!
What a bummer that the Ben Franklin was already closed, especially during Christmas!
I like that you are putting green & white lights to decorate your brother's tree ~ festive and a nice way to honor him!
Enjoy the Hallmark movies!

Art the Bookworm

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
MMC Partner
Sep 5, 2018
Iowa
cozychristmas.libsyn.com
I hope everyone has been having a Merry Christmas! Our tree is still up, but my wife wants it to come down on New Years Day. I'd like it up longer, but it does take up a lot of our living room. I might leave the outside lights up longer.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
From 38 new Hallmark movies to 0. I’ve seen all of them except 1. A Majestic Christmas. They’ve never reaired it. So that makes we wonder how bad it was. Because as we all know, they love to show their movies over and over and over again.

We still have 3 more days though. So I’ll probably have them on nonstop between now and 8am on the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image