Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Last night, my dad gave me Gary's stocking since it won't be filled this year, he thought I'd like to keep it.

How I kept it together in that moment, I don't know. My strength and ability to stay jolly despite my sorrow surprises me at times. I've always been an optimistic person and have a passion for living life joyfully. I am thankful I had two extra Christmases with him and that he is no longer suffering and managed to drift off to "Netherland", as he referred to it, before he lost his memory. It's finding the silver lining and letting the memories surface that helps.

O'Malley cat doesn't seem to be looking for him anymore.

Yesterday, when I was preparing to run a few errands before heading over to my dads, something slipped off the top of the fridge and brought down with it, a photo magnet of Gary's Celebration of Life table that I set up. I took it as a sign that he was recognzing that this is my favourite time of the year and he wants me to be happy.

I am.

What a nice way for your dad to have you remember Gary at Christmas and I truly think too, Gary was with you at that time. (((hugs)))

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We hear you on that. I lost an aunt, uncle, and cousin this year, and we lost two good friends as well, just a couple months apart. You adjust, but it’s hard when you see a gift one of them would love for Christmas, and remember. I guess the remembering becomes our gift to them.

I'm sure it's been a hard holiday season for you, Merry. Thinking of you.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello friends! I've been sick the last several days.
But I wanted to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas Eve!
Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Hope you're feeling better now Rich and were able to enjoy your Christmas.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Christmas, wonderful friends.

I've so enjoyed getting to know each of you through your posts and pictures. When I felt down, I'd look at my cards or send another card out to someone I've not seen in awhile.

Tonight I'm remembering the last Christmas I had with my mother. Since I had no children, it was very special. She learned that she had terminal cancer and flew back to Florida to live out her remaining days with me. It was hard but what a blessing it was to us both.

One of the last things she did was made a pumpkin pie and showed me her secret for a very rich filling. She knew Christmas was always a big deal for both of us and she tried to tell me to hang on to those memories but don't try to duplicate them.....create new ones. I've done that.

This is a picture of my mom in her late 30s. Her eyes were the color of Paul Newman's. She didn't have an easy life but, every Christmas, she came alive.

God bless each of you, your families, and your loved ones.View attachment 66564 View attachment 66564

Your mom was beautiful. What wonderful memories I'm sure you have of her. (((hugs))) to you - hope you're continuing to recovery well from your surgery!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Christmas MMC and a Happy Birthday to my oldest daughter. She is 17 today!

Everyone is still asleep so I am enjoying some coffee and a Christmas movie.

Hope you all enjoy the day!

Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!

And thus, I begin my weekly break from countdowning!
(Ah. Just think of the sleep!!)
But, not to worry. I will be in and out and planning the launch of Christmas Countdown 2020! That will be a leap year, meaning one more day to count before the Season and Christmas!

Enjoy your break, Crown! Thank you for counting down with us and bringing us all together here, everyday! We truly here at MMC are family and you are a big piece of that family! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope your daughter is better soon and hope no one else gets it!

Thank you, SFM! She's feeling a lot better now - still tires easily - had fever for 6 days, so she was sick for a while, 8 total. The rest of us dodged it, thankfully, but we're seeing so much of it at work, I'm praying I don't get it there!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Have a wonderful time with the family today. I hope DD will quickly mend and be able to enjoy the remainder of the Christmas break.

Thanks, HIS! We had a great time with family - hope you did as well! She's feeling so much, still just tires easily. There break won't be over until after the New Year, so she still has several days to enjoy, thank goodness!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
That's so unfortunate that your plans fell through and that your daughter has been ill; make the best of your time together and stay jolly!

Thank you, Auntie. She is feeling much better now. Christmas Eve was different for sure, but DH (who in my eyes is the best daddy in the world), made the same dinner she would have got in the restaurant we were going to, we listened to Kringle Radio and tracked Santa, we opened their Christmas Eve box, which had new Christmas PJ's, Christmas books, a Christmas movie, Christmas mugs, popcorn, and hot chocolate, and then watched some specials on TV. We still tried to make it special for her.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning folks.
Feels funny not to be posting the count, but relaxing, too!

I hope everyone is still continuing to enjoy Christmas Season 2019.
Both of my nieces are visiting my sister and me along with my 10-month-old great nephew. He's lots of fum but quite demanding!

Enjoy your time with them! That sounds so lovely!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Morning MMC! Everybody in the house is suffering with the Tanzania cowering bird flu or whatever it is we all caught again. Had a great Christmas and started shopping for new Christmas decorations last night.

Oh no. Hope you all feel better soon!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Sounds like yall had a great one, friend. Hope your daughter is on the upswing!

Thanks, Coach. She is feeling much better. We had a great day! Looks like you guys did too! Your girls are just so beautiful!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for my brother Ralph. He passed away this morning. I don't remember if I told you, but this site meant a lot to him and all of you were in his prayers. Again, thank you so much!

Meceka, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. God rest Ralph's soul. I will be praying for you and your entire family. (((hugs))) to you, my friend. God Bless you. Lots of love.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Two years ago, my mom exited this world (stage right) in her home with my dad and myself present. My brother had just left the day before. She had kept her positive attitude and sense of humour since her stroke 11 years previous, but the last two years, she was losing so much energy. She gave us one last Christmas and tons of memories.

Dr. Seuss says, "Don't cry because it' over; smile because it happened." Some days it seems like she's been gone for ten years and other times it seems more recent. My dad and I were talking about her last Christmas yesterday when I was visiting. He finally realized how similar our caregiving lives were and felt bad that my husband wouldn't let me share how ill he was so my dad could have helped out more and so he could understand why he wasn't coming around as much as he used to or that I couldn't visit for long. Until that last day when I was there for ten hours. I am so glad that I realized that she was close to the end and stayed with my dad. I would not have wanted him to go through that alone.

Today, I am off to Ottawa for two days to visit the boys and their famiies, my other brother will stop by to visit - maybe join us for dinner.

I'm hoping to make this day a special one.

Sharing one of her favourite artists from the 70's. She introduced me to some great music over the years.

-lights-Stay jolly; I'll catch up on Sunday. -mistletoe-

Enjoy your time with your family. Prayers for safe travels!

Reactions: HomemakinGirl

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hi everyone,

I didn’t have a change to wish everyone a merry Christmas on the big day, but I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I just can’t believe it flew by so fast.
I’m off work till the end of next week, so I’ll probably have time to sneak in a Christmas movie or two, just to keep the post Christmas blues away.

Have a great day!

Enjoy your time off!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music