Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 67 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 42 DAYS

Happy Football Sunday! Folks this final weekend of summer part 2 is here. And I am ready for it. But are you ready for these 2 counts? 6 days remain until Thanksgiving & 42 days remain until November. Those 2 will continue on for quite a while. Guess what? Our next milestone is on Tuesday when Autumn Arrives. I can't believe it. Autumn is going to officially be here. How amazing is that? I'm so excited for it and looking forward to it. I know many of you are as well. This is what we really love the most. We look forward to it all of the other 3 seasons. And now that is where we are is on the brink of the best season of all 4 seasons coming in just 2 short days. Bring it on. Have a great Football Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 66 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 41 DAYS

Happy Farewell to Summer! Today is the last and final day of the season of summer. And that means tomorrow is our NEXT milestone as we welcome in the 4th and final season (OUR SEASON) of Autumn. Can you believe that? THE season this thread revolves around begins TOMORROW. Amazing. Our countdowns on this Monday are as follows: 66 days till Thanksgiving & 41 days till November. Those are the 2 counts we have still going of the 3 that we began this year with. And we will continue with them right into Autumn. I look forward to it everyone. I know you do too. Right now though we just need to focus on today. That's what we have to do every day especially during The Bers. Have a great Farewell to Summer!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Because of the cooler weather today, I am suddenly just very excited for the Macy's parade, even if it's not a live event this year. I will give the "virtual" event a shot, and if it's not interesting then I'll just pull up an older parade on YouTube. I'm optimistic though.
That's my plan. If it's really that boring then I'll pull up last year's. I have it on DVR saved. But I'm hopeful it will be a fun unique event and they will mix in some clips of the normal parade that we usually see.
I'm going to watch it for sure also. I gotta give it a chance. But like you both said, I'll have another one queued up and ready just in case. I may watch two parades if I have time that day. :)

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Bye Bye Summer! From the moment Summer arrived i have been waiting for the day that it ends. Fall and Winter are my seasons. This past weekend was about as perfect of a Fall weekend that i could imagine! Time to really start thinking about Thanksgiving now!!

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
This weekend was absolutely beautiful weekend for the end of summer season. We had no rain, no clouds, 65 degrees with a nice wind. Good by summer, my old friend. Hello fall, now let's begin.. the holiday season.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 65 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 40 DAYS

Happy Autumn Arrives! We made it folks. Our next milestone is TODAY. Happy Milestone Day Everyone. It's Autumn Arrives! That is the milestone. And let's look at our official 2 countdowns. We have 65 days left until Thanksgiving & 40 days to go until November. Guess what's our next milestone? It will be only in 4 days from now on Saturday with our 10th "26th". Yes indeed with only 2 to go till Thanksgiving. Of course we will use Rich's new idea in the 2021 Thanksgiving Thread for the 4th Thursday of the month. Now it's Autumn my friends. It's almost Autumn as I type this. It arrives around 9:30 AM here. I can't believe it. OUR SEASON is here TODAY. Believe it? You better. Have a great Autumn Arrives!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Milestone Day!
Wow! 65 Days until Thanksgiving. :oops:
This time of year is so awesome!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 64 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 39 DAYS

Happy Late September Mid-Week! Oh yeah it's another Wednesday here in the Thanksgiving 2020 Thread. And our counts continue to improve. We have 64 days left until Thanksgiving & 39 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is going to be in 3 days on Saturday. It will be our 10th "26th". We will retire this type of milestone though in this thread after 1 more 26th (our 11th and final). Next year's thread will have Rich's idea he came up with the 4th Thursday of each month. I'm still working out all details for the 2021 thread. We have time to do that. Now who felt great when Autumn came in? I did. I hope you will be here tomorrow (Thursday) for a poll. Have a great Late September Mid-Week!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Autumn arriving put a little pep in my step and a little joy in my heart. Love this time of year. We've had our house windows open the last few evenings. Absolutely no humidity right now in the afternoon.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 64 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 39 DAYS

Happy Late September Mid-Week! Oh yeah it's another Wednesday here in the Thanksgiving 2020 Thread. And our counts continue to improve. We have 64 days left until Thanksgiving & 39 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is going to be in 3 days on Saturday. It will be our 10th "26th". We will retire this type of milestone though in this thread after 1 more 26th (our 11th and final). Next year's thread will have Rich's idea he came up with the 4th Thursday of each month. I'm still working out all details for the 2021 thread. We have time to do that. Now who felt great when Autumn came in? I did. I hope you will be here tomorrow (Thursday) for a poll. Have a great Late September Mid-Week!​

What do you think about having a separate thread for Tom Turkey Day? That is what i created for Jack O Lantern Day, since we already have a Halloween Countdown Thread, and I imagine that a new one would possibly be created in 2021 to countdown to 21' Halloween. And anyway, speaking of Tom Turkey Day, i apologize for asking it a million times, but do we celebrate it TOMORROW? I can never keep my dates straight, but that's a good thing, because that means we are counting down to stuff, and there's always so much to pay attention to :)

Reactions: Edge612

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
What do you think about having a separate thread for Tom Turkey Day? That is what i created for Jack O Lantern Day, since we already have a Halloween Countdown Thread, and I imagine that a new one would possibly be created in 2021 to countdown to 21' Halloween. And anyway, speaking of Tom Turkey Day, i apologize for asking it a million times, but do we celebrate it TOMORROW? I can never keep my dates straight, but that's a good thing, because that means we are counting down to stuff, and there's always so much to pay attention to :)
We'll start observing Tom Turkey Day with the countdown to Thanksgiving 2021.
I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 63 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 38 DAYS

Happy September Friday Eve! It's Thursday folks so we have a weekly count to Thanksgiving (which is at 9) and a poll (which will be below). Our daily counts are the following: 63 day still Thanksgiving & 38 days till November. Our next milestone is in 2 days (that would be Saturday aka the day after tomorrow) with our 10th out of 11 "26th." It's been fun counting those all thread long and Tom Turkey Day would be today in the 2021 thread. Now on to our bi-weekly poll:
What do you eat on Thanksgiving Morning for breakfast?
A.) Waffles/Pancakes etc.
B.) Eggs
C.) Cereal
D.) Fruit
E.) Other
For me it's A. I make waffles every Thanksgiving Morning. What about you? We spend so much time talking about Thanksgiving Dinner and never bring up breakfast.

Have a great September Friday Eve!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
My answer is E. I have been trying to find a "traditional" Thanksgiving breakfast to stick to every year. I thought about a breakfast casserole, but since we're going to be cooking and loading up on food all day, I thought I'd go for something lighter. Last year we just had donuts. Maybe that'll be the tradition!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
We'll start observing Tom Turkey Day with the countdown to Thanksgiving 2021.
I'm really looking forward to it. :)
I will write this down so i don't forget it! And I agree! I am looking forward to it as well!!

• Cool
Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image