Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going with A. - I am looking forward to Thanksgiving but still need the time and want to enjoy all 7 weeks!!!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I'm really not sure. I still don't know if I'll be spending it with my brother and SIL or here alone. I guess I'll have to decide pretty soon so I can order the turkey.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 48 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 23 DAYS

Happy October TGIF! What a great time of year to have a Friday arrive isn't it? I mean Fridays are welcome all year long but this time of year they seem extra special just like our countdowns do. We have 48 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 23 days left to go until November. I realized that I omitted a milestone yesterday when mentioning the next one. It's actually the "Home Stretch" to November which happens in 13 days on October 22. That will be when we reach 10 days to go. Unreal. Treasure these October days. I'm glad everyone had fun with the poll yesterday. I'm already thinking about other ideas for 2021 "Thursdays". I'm not sure if we will do polls or try something new. I think CW should return with his videos for it but we'll talk before that. Anyway let's focus on this thread and today. Have a great October TGIF!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I enjoy the Thursday polls! I understand the need to shake things up every so often though. Don't forget that next year we will have Tom Turkey day for one of our Thursday celebrations as well!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Less than 7 weeks now. This is getting exciting!

Are any of our northern neighbors in Canada planning a big feast for Monday? :)

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I feel like I'm the biggest Tom Turkey Fan in the world, and we haven't even had our "inaugural" one yet. Lol. But i was actually thinking about Tom Turkey Day yesterday, and it dawned on me that with the formation of "Jack O Lantern Day", there will now be 5 months out of the year where we will get to experience "Fall", "Thanksgiving", and "Christmas" in the same month over the span of around week! I can't think of anything better!!!

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 48 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 23 DAYS

Happy October TGIF! What a great time of year to have a Friday arrive isn't it? I mean Fridays are welcome all year long but this time of year they seem extra special just like our countdowns do. We have 48 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 23 days left to go until November. I realized that I omitted a milestone yesterday when mentioning the next one. It's actually the "Home Stretch" to November which happens in 13 days on October 22. That will be when we reach 10 days to go. Unreal. Treasure these October days. I'm glad everyone had fun with the poll yesterday. I'm already thinking about other ideas for 2021 "Thursdays". I'm not sure if we will do polls or try something new. I think CW should return with his videos for it but we'll talk before that. Anyway let's focus on this thread and today. Have a great October TGIF!​
I had a ton of videos saved and bookmarked back in December, Youtube in 1 week pulled most of them down for Copyright or whatever they could think up. I might switch to cooking videos and throw in a Thanksgiving video if it pops back up.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I feel like I'm the biggest Tom Turkey Fan in the world, and we haven't even had our "inaugural" one yet. Lol. But i was actually thinking about Tom Turkey Day yesterday, and it dawned on me that with the formation of "Jack O Lantern Day", there will now be 5 months out of the year where we will get to experience "Fall", "Thanksgiving", and "Christmas" in the same month over the span of around week! I can't think of anything better!!!
Once we get thru the most wonderful time of the year (the Bers), it's going to be fun counting down to the 2021 holidays. :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I enjoy the Thursday polls! I understand the need to shake things up every so often though. Don't forget that next year we will have Tom Turkey day for one of our Thursday celebrations as well!

Escalation, I am with you, I really like the polls.
If you guys want me to keep the polls in the 2021 thread...then we will.

Reactions: The_Escalation

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 47 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 22 DAYS

Happy Double Digits October! Oh yeah folks we're into this great most wonderful month of October and into another big weekend. We have the counts as follows: 47 days till Thanksgiving and 22 days till November. Our next milestone will be the "Home Stretch" to November in 12 days as we hit that magical # of 10. Just imagine how we'll feel then. We'll be heading right towards Halloween at that point. Oh boy the excitement only builds here. And I know you are all excited for this weekend. Anyone off Monday for Columbus Day? I took it off but I've never gotten it off at a job. Whatever your plans are this weekend keep a turkey thought in your heart. Have a great Double Digits October!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 47 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 22 DAYS

Happy Double Digits October! Oh yeah folks we're into this great most wonderful month of October and into another big weekend. We have the counts as follows: 47 days till Thanksgiving and 22 days till November. Our next milestone will be the "Home Stretch" to November in 12 days as we hit that magical # of 10. Just imagine how we'll feel then. We'll be heading right towards Halloween at that point. Oh boy the excitement only builds here. And I know you are all excited for this weekend. Anyone off Monday for Columbus Day? I took it off but I've never gotten it off at a job. Whatever your plans are this weekend keep a turkey thought in your heart. Have a great Double Digits October!​
I am off all this coming week. I plan to enjoy it to the fullest.

SharonK

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Lifer
Jun 23, 2019
Ontario Canada
Less than 7 weeks now. This is getting exciting!

Are any of our northern neighbors in Canada planning a big feast for Monday? :)I am Rich. It won't be a huge crowd thou' like it normally is but it will be a big meal. Just my daughter and her husband and my two grandchildren and of course my husband. That's ok thou'. They have actually been saying stay in your own home so only the people you live with are the ones you should celebrate with. My immediate family is part of my bubble so we are going to their place regardless. I can't imagine not spending the day with them. We'll have turkey and all the trimmings!! When we have a big crowd 25-30 people we play basketball after supper and the losing team has to do the dishes. It's been a tradition for years in our family. Going to miss that this year but at least I'm grateful to be spending it with my daughter and her family. :) :)

Last edited:

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I had a ton of videos saved and bookmarked back in December, Youtube in 1 week pulled most of them down for Copyright or whatever they could think up. I might switch to cooking videos and throw in a Thanksgiving video if it pops back up.
Sounds good!

Reactions: Edge612

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Reactions: Edge612

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol