Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving week!
I can’t believe it’s finally here. :)

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
So far I am enjoying my new routine and can’t wait to make the make ahead dishes late tomorrow afternoon and see how they do up on Thursday. It felt a little weird decorating today but I am sure I could acclimate!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 2 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve! Folks we're down to only 2 Eve's and obviously that means our final countdown and the ultimate one of this thread (which it's named after) is down to only a small number. Our countdown to Thanksgiving is at 2 days. That's the day after tomorrow. How does that sound? Insane? Yeah. It does to me too. Monday was special. It just felt it. There's no other Monday quite like the one of Thanksgiving Week. You can feel the excitement. I decided to write down notes from each of the 7 days of Thanksgiving Week so I can reflect on it during the year. How are you feeling? Are you excited? Are you ready? It's only 2 days till turkey day folks. Believe it! I'm going to get my favorite lunch today at Dino's which I've done the last several years on the Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve Eve!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve!! We took the turkey out of the freezer last night and it is thawing in the refrigerator right now. I just can't believe that we finally made it here, or rather I should say, "almost" made it here! I still can't believe Turkey Day is upon us! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am excited and ready, and eager to start putting together some recipes tonight and tomorrow! I was thinking of taking a pizza home tonight but if the raid and wind don’t die down, I think I will head straight home. One great thing about the change in weather is that it looks like all the towns on my commute put up their Christmas decorations over the weekend or yesterday!

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Happy Thanksgiving Day Eve Eve.

I visited my brother today. He is a little confused but was able to talk about most things. His older daughter is planning a visit in January so it's something for his wife and him to look forward to.

My turkey breast is thawed out. I decided I will cook the meal tomorrow and have two Thanksgivings!!!!!!

God bless you all.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I can remember being at the exact same spot last year....and having the exact same sense of excitement.

Our love for this holiday will never wane.
Very special feeling yesterday...love the Tuesday of Thanksgiving Week.

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 1 DAY

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! It's here folks. This is the FINAL day to countdown in this thread. I know that doesn't seem possible but it is. Look above if you don't believe me. We have 1 day remaining until Thanksgiving. Should I laugh at that? Cry? Smile? Or what? It's an amazing feeling. This is a very special day to me. I will bring in breakfast like I do every year at work. I'll leave work early. I'll buy a buffalo chicken roll for dinner which I've done the past many years. I'll have fun tonight, relax, and just talk to my family about what's coming. Thank you to CW for his posts yesterday and all year. Thank you to all of you for following this thread all year. This is not the end though. We still have one more day before the BIG DAY. I'll definitely try to get back here later today and post some thoughts on the eve of Thanksgiving. Stay tuned for that. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! There is such a different feeling in the air today. Excitement, joy, and just a whole bunch of other things as we prepare for tomorrow. Lots to do today, but after work my main task will be to get all of my cheeses shredded up in preparation for the awesomeness that is my baked mac and cheese! Then I'll help my wife prep the dressing so we can just put that in the oven tomorrow, and finally one more viewing of "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" on Apple TV this time.

But first...work. Have a great day, everyone!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image