Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 5 DAYS

Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving! Sometimes the intro says it all doesn't it? And in this thread that opening tells you that this is it. We have reached the FINAL WEEKEND before Thanksgiving. This is #52 of 52 since we started the countdown. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate every one of you for posting here and following this thread. But let's get down to the actual countdown. We have 5 days left until Thanksgiving. That's not many days is it? No it's not. We have come so far and now we are so close you can almost taste the turkey. I'm going out to pick mine up this morning. Wish me luck. How are you feeling this special weekend? Have a great Weekend Before Thanksgiving!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I usually feel a little let down after the big meal is over but this year since the big meal is going to be at noon and planning a late supper of paninis and hope to decorate the kitchen in between, maybe that will help!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I am loving this weekend. So thankful for the many blessings from my Lord.
Day 1 of 9 days off.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
6 days...wow.

Is anyone else going to be just a tiny bit sad once it's over?
ABSOLUTELY. But one of the things that I have learned since I've been here, is that there is a lot of excitement in the countdowns, too. Starting in January, I want it to be full speed ahead towards Fall & Christmas. The feels, the special days, everything that makes the holiday season special. I realized this year that October was much more special than I ever considered, not only because I am a huge horror movie nut and the various TV stations do their 30 day horror movie marathons, but because of October's special role in being the "gatekeeper" so to speak to Christmas Season!

That is why I will from now and evermore keep up a few Halloween items outside along with my Christmas lights, because it all goes together so wonderfully. The special season.

But I am like you, I do get sad once the Holidays have passed, and that's why I have been so desperate to "tap into" the Holiday magic as often as I can without making anything feel forced, or not special. We do a pretty good job of that at MMC with Rudolph Days, etc. Now we have Tom Turkey Day, and Jack O Lantern Day. I think it's a pretty good formula! Even when you get to January, if you are like me, your brain is already churning the countdown numbers, and you realize that it's 3 months until "Halfway to Halloween", then just SIX months until Leon Day (Halfway to Christmas), start counting down towards the BERS, etc.. It's never really "over" as long as we keep the holiday spirit alive in our hearts through everything I just talked about!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Today would normally be the Thanksgiving celebration for my extended family so instead I am devoting the day to decorating and prep and planning for the week ahead, and I know I should mention all of the people I will miss seeing today but I am grateful that they are healthy and safe, but right now I am thinking about all of the special dishes each of them makes for the feast... especially my sister's dressing and the pies my niece brings! I just don't make either as well as they do!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
The days are dwindling folks! Hard to believe it will be starting over so soon. Seems like it was only a few days ago we were having our Christmas in July party and I was cooking turkeys and endless racks of ribs.
It's been a fun ride CW...and we need you to help us in the 2021 thread with all your great contributions. It's almost turkey week though! We gotta enjoy this!

Reactions: Christmaswarlock

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 4 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving Thoughts! Are you having those amazing thoughts that I am this time of year? They are certainly incredible thoughts. And the countdown shows that we need to have them because we are now oh so close. How close? 4 days remain until Thanksgiving. Folks...4. That's it. This is the END of the 51st week since Thanksgiving Week. There are NO OTHER weeks that stand in our way from the greatest week of the year. How does that make you all feel? I can't believe it but it's really almost here. This is our last chance to enjoy before the week of Thanksgiving is here and everything happens. Be here for the best days of the year. Have a great Thanksgiving Thoughts!​

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 4 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving Thoughts! Are you having those amazing thoughts that I am this time of year? They are certainly incredible thoughts. And the countdown shows that we need to have them because we are now oh so close. How close? 4 days remain until Thanksgiving. Folks...4. That's it. This is the END of the 51st week since Thanksgiving Week. There are NO OTHER weeks that stand in our way from the greatest week of the year. How does that make you all feel? I can't believe it but it's really almost here. This is our last chance to enjoy before the week of Thanksgiving is here and everything happens. Be here for the best days of the year. Have a great Thanksgiving Thoughts!​
Kind of sad in a way that its finally here. I already have the nervous jitters starting.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It's Thanksgiving Week! This will be a quiet week at work for sure as everyone has mostly already checked out and are taking their vacations this week. Not me, though! I relish in the quiet, and I'll save those precious vacation days for Christmas Eve thru New Year's.

Tonight we're going to watch "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" when it airs on PBS, and we'll follow up with "Garfield's Thanksgiving" on YouTube. My wife has her ingredients for the dressing and I've got my blends of cheeses for the mac and cheese. All that remains is to pick up the donuts on Thanksgiving morning. We're ready!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 3 DAYS

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve Eve! It's Thanksgiving WEEK folks. The week we wait ALL YEAR for is here. I don't believe it. Do you? Well here is real hard evidence that I am not making that up: 3 days till Thanksgiving. Oh yeah 3 days. That's it. Nothing more. Just 3. It's here. It's the week! It's exciting. I'm happy about and we need to all take it in now. There is no going back. It's time to enjoy the most exciting week of the year. I'm so happy about it. I'm really amazed that we are finally here. How is everyone feeling? Tell me because this is what this countdown was all about really. And now we're here. We're on the verge of celebrating Thanksgiving. It's Thanksgiving Week. Have a great Thanksgiving Eve Eve Eve!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
One of the newer Thanksgiving traditions (the past ten years) is about to take place....

The Wizard of Oz is about to come on TBS.
That's another movie that gives me the Thanksgiving "feels". Sometime we are gonna have to put together a little list of what we call "Thanksgiving movies", unless it is already out there on MMC somewhere. Anyway that one comes to mind, and also speaking of TBS, won't they start running their 24 hour marathon of a Christmas story? Does that start on Thanksgiving evening or the day after Thanksgiving? As a huge fan of that movie, I feel like I should know that!

I'm so glad to be here at Thanksgiving week. I have looked forward to it for SO LONG, like many of us on here have. Now all of our wishing and waiting have paid off! :) Have a great Monday everybody!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Thanksgiving week! We've arrived! I start work in 40 minutes and I'm oddly excited to see how quiet things will be this week. Nothing to do except kick back and enjoy it! This time of the year is such a huge payoff and feels so rewarding for enduring everything that came before it. And it will all culminate on Thursday! Hope y'all have a great day today!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image