Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
34 weeks seems so close. This Thanksgiving is going to be special because of last year.

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Just remembered something...kind of reaching but if you're looking for an Easter/Thanksgiving tie-in, the Rankin Bass "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" features Peter visiting the Thanksgiving holiday via its time travel plot. It's even available on Youtube.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
There's a holiday vibe in the air this week. I get big time Thanksgiving vibes from it. I know that there will be times this weekend that my brain is fooled into thinking for a moment that it's actually Thanksgiving. I'll be grateful for it, because I probably won't feel those kind of vibes again until quite possibly the end of July when i start getting the jitters about going into August, and basically being at "Bers Preseason" by that point.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
34 weeks seems darn near around the corner, maybe Easter is eliciting a little more holiday spirit, whatever the reason, it feels great!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 240
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 216
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 155

Happy Next To Last Day Of March! March is moving along folks and only 2 days remain in this month. But plenty of days remain in our 3 countdowns thankfully. Don't believe me? Look at them right now. We have 240 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 216 days to go until November, and 155 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone arrives in just 2 days (that would be the day after tomorrow known as Thursday) when we celebrate the Arrival of April. That will be the arrival of the 5th month beginning of an 11 month journey we're on back to November. Pretty amazing to start that 5th month already isn't it? I'm almost not ready yet for that. But we have 2 more days to go in March first to enjoy before thinking about April. Let's all do that shall we? Enjoy each day on our journey as we've been so far. Have a great Next To Last Day Of March!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
When you explain it that way, Edge, it does seem crazy that it's been almost 5 months since Thanksgiving. I mean we are closing in on the half-way point to Halloween as well and it still at times seems hard to believe.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 239
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 215
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 154

Happy Farewell To March! This is the final day of the month of March folks. But let's first look at the actual numbers before we discuss the significance of where we are today. We have 239 days to go until Thanksgiving. We have 215 days remaining until November. Finally, we have 154 days left until we reach The Bers. Our next milestone is TOMORROW when we welcome in the 5th month of 11 starting up on our journey back to our month of November. Not bad huh? Maybe too fast already. I'm ready for time to slow down already. Let us really enjoy that month of April coming. That will be tomorrow when we reach that next milestone of April Arriving and we have our best friend CW here who will post a special video in honor of another Thursday milestone. Seems like we have a lot of those with all the Tom Turkey Days included doesn't it? Have a great Farewell To March!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
So long March! Happy Jack O Lantern Day to anyone celebrating it with me!

Folks, i've sure been dreaming about Easter Sunday Dinner! I'm really hoping for the Pumpkin Pie. I'm hoping there is some way to include some "other" type of Thanksgiving food even if the Pumpkin pie doesn't happen!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut

Folks, i've sure been dreaming about Easter Sunday Dinner! I'm really hoping for the Pumpkin Pie. I'm hoping there is some way to include some "other" type of Thanksgiving food even if the Pumpkin pie doesn't happen!
Our Easter is definitely going to feel like Thanksgiving for sure. We are having a turkey and a ham. My in-laws are able to come so I am so happy to celebrate with them.

I am picking up my pumpkin pie on Friday night!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Keep the hope alive, man! I only got mine because my wife nixed the turkey, so we had a compromise after a long discussion about what is considered "Easter food."

Speaking of which, last night we picked up everything else needed for the Easter-giving spread except for the ham. I'm going out tonight to get that. I wonder how long I'd end up in the doghouse if I returned home with a turkey instead...

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Keep the hope alive, man! I only got mine because my wife nixed the turkey, so we had a compromise after a long discussion about what is considered "Easter food."

Speaking of which, last night we picked up everything else needed for the Easter-giving spread except for the ham. I'm going out tonight to get that. I wonder how long I'd end up in the doghouse if I returned home with a turkey instead...
If you decide to get the turkey, we got your back! Just blame it on us!!!!!!!!!!!! When I asked my husband if we could do turkey instead of ham, he looked at me like he thought I was completely daft and just shook his head.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image