2012 Celebrity Passages

ScottCalvin

Elf Choir Book Distributor
MMC Lifer
Jan 13, 2009
Leeds, England
English Comedian and Writer Eric Sykes passed away also on the 4th July, he was on of England's finest comedy writer's and also appeared on TV regularly in the 60 and 70's. But he he is probably best remembered as Comedy writer to some of Britain's finest comedians.

He wrote for the following

Frankie Howard
Tony Hancock
The Goon Show

to name a few, he is probably best remember for his near silent mini movie the Plank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2RoudtrVv8

Reactions: 1 person

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Actor Ernest Borgnine best none from Airwolf & a cameo in RED has passed

Sorry thats not what hes best known for :)

Reactions: 3 people

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
REST IN PEACE: Ernest Borgnine has passed away today at age 95. The legendary Oscar & BAFTA-winning actor (for his film role in "Marty") was also Emmy-nominated for McHale's Navy, All Dogs Go To Heaven: The Series, Hallmark Hall of Fame's "All Quiet on the Western Front," and a guest role in ER (including the final episode). He is also well known for starring or recurring roles in Airwolf, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Last Days of Pompeii, The Single Guy and The Hollywood Squares. Additionally he's been seen (or heard) in tons of other TV shows, including The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show, 7th Heaven, Touched By An Angel, Walker Texas Ranger, Early Edition, JAG, Pinky & The Brain, The Commish, Home Improvement, Jake and the Fatman, Murder She Wrote, Highway to Heaven, The Love Boat, Matt Houston, Magnum P.I., Jesus of Nazareth, Future Cop, Little House on the Prairie, Hee Haw, Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, The Dean Martin Show, Wagon Train, Laramie, Zane Grey Theater, Make Room For Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show, The Jimmy Durante Show, The Lone Wolf, and 1951's Captain Video and His Video Rangers. Television will never be the same without him.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
:( I liked him in Marty and A Grandpa for Christmas

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Sylvester Stallones son died yesterday.

Michael Clarke Duncan almost died the other day

Reactions: 2 people

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Maria Cole, jazz singer, wife of Nat King Cole died on Tuesday July 10. She was 89.

RIP

Reactions: 2 people

caninemom3

MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
REST IN PEACE: Ernest Borgnine has passed away today at age 95. The legendary Oscar & BAFTA-winning actor (for his film role in "Marty") was also Emmy-nominated for McHale's Navy, All Dogs Go To Heaven: The Series, Hallmark Hall of Fame's "All Quiet on the Western Front," and a guest role in ER (including the final episode). He is also well known for starring or recurring roles in Airwolf, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Last Days of Pompeii, The Single Guy and The Hollywood Squares. Additionally he's been seen (or heard) in tons of other TV shows, including The Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show, 7th Heaven, Touched By An Angel, Walker Texas Ranger, Early Edition, JAG, Pinky & The Brain, The Commish, Home Improvement, Jake and the Fatman, Murder She Wrote, Highway to Heaven, The Love Boat, Matt Houston, Magnum P.I., Jesus of Nazareth, Future Cop, Little House on the Prairie, Hee Haw, Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, The Dean Martin Show, Wagon Train, Laramie, Zane Grey Theater, Make Room For Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show, The Jimmy Durante Show, The Lone Wolf, and 1951's Captain Video and His Video Rangers. Television will never be the same without him.

I really loved Mr. Borgnine......He was so touching in Jesus of Nazareth and I also loved him Grandpa For Christmas on Hallmark Channel....I will miss him so much x.

caninemom3

MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Sylvester Stallones son died yesterday.

Michael Clarke Duncan almost died the other day

I was so sorry about Sage Stallone......Only 36. Nothing like this should EVER happen to a parent.

I hope Mr. Clarke-Duncan will be okay and heals quickly.

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Oscar winning actress Celeste Holm died today at the age of 95

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
One site is reporting Sherman Helmsley has passed. I'll put up a confirmation post when I see a more reliable article

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Marvin Hamlisch, composer of the Broadway show "A Chorus Line" and numerous Hollywood film scores, passed away at the age of 68.

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Director Tony Scott died.
Unfortunately it seems he comitted suicide

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events