Christmas Countdown - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning everyone! It's a soggy morning here, raining and 100% humidity. It's been pretty nice overall around this area with the temps staying in the 50-60's so no complaints here. The Hagerstown almanac called it right with nice temperatures thru the middle of November then they predict that the end of November will begin a long wet and cold snap... I'm hoping for some serious snow!

I decided to take a couple days off (bereavement leave), since there will be no funeral, no viewing, no wake, no nothing, so I figured the days are here for me to take, so in reality, I'm getting paid to play hooky from work. I'm going to spend the most of the afternoon looking at houses with the wife, can you believe I had three showings on the house here last night, I couldn't believe it...fingers crossed!

Have a good day and I'll talk to you all later today~

Continued prayers for you xmastidings and best wishes with the house!

Reactions: 6 people

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Big game tonight...i hated this game as a coach. I usually started puking (sorry) by two. Im not coaching, but I still get real edgy and nervous about this game. I keep telling myself its just a game, its just a game...but its not. Other team is favored by 24 points, but games arent played on paper...i just hope we stay healthy for the playoffs. The other teams coach is one of my best friends. We were 3-3 against each other. He called me last night and told me he hopes they beat us so bad that we dont field a team next year. Told him I hope he breaks his leg walking out to the game from the locker room...some friendship, huh? It was all in good nature...I dont want him to break his leg! Well, maybe.

LOL!!!!! Good Luck to your kids!!!! Hope they surprise everyone and crush the other team!!

Reactions: 7 people

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning all!!!!! So glad to be able to pop in this morning and say HI. It's been crazy around here this week. I finally have a day off of work when the kids are in school, so hopefully I can get some more decorating done today. Busy weekend again, DD has a soccer tournament both days so that will take up most of the time since it's a hour away.

Well better get the kids moving so I can get them off to school and then I can come home and jump into decorating !!!!!!!!

Have a blessed day everyone

Have fun mommyby3!!!

Big game tonight...i hated this game as a coach. I usually started puking (sorry) by two. Im not coaching, but I still get real edgy and nervous about this game. I keep telling myself its just a game, its just a game...but its not. Other team is favored by 24 points, but games arent played on paper...i just hope we stay healthy for the playoffs. The other teams coach is one of my best friends. We were 3-3 against each other. He called me last night and told me he hopes they beat us so bad that we dont field a team next year. Told him I hope he breaks his leg walking out to the game from the locker room...some friendship, huh? It was all in good nature...I dont want him to break his leg! Well, maybe.

Good luck ballcoach!!!

I didn't get a chance to read any further. I got a big day ahead and have to run. I hope you all have a Merry Day!

Have a great day CAH!!!

Good morning, friends!!

Have a blessed, beautiful, Christmasy day!!

I hope you have a beautiful day too Snowflake xo

Good Thursday morning, my Christmas friends!

I didn't get to go with the family the Statesboro yesterday. I got a couple of last-minute calls for my part-time business. As they say, you gotta make hay while the sun is shining, so I worked all afternoon. I had to scramble to beat the sunset. I hate it when they turn off DST!

I don't know what I'm doing this afternoon, but you can bet I'll be with my family!

I hope y'all have a great day!

Have fun with the family this afternoon!!!

Reactions: 10 people

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Good morning all. Tomorrow I will be in the car for six hours by myself, driving through northwest Oklahoma and it will be Christmas music all the way!

You know you are in no man's land when you pass a sign that says "caution; tumbleweeds on roadway." That sign does exist and I will see it tomorrow. But I'll have Dean, Bing, Frank, and everyone to keep me company. Northwest Oklahoma has some very cool things for a guy like me who loves the west with random mesas, hills, and small canyons scattered about. Just seeing that area makes me feel like I need to be on a horse with a rifle and shotgun strapped beside a bedroll and a food pouch, and a pistol strapped to my side. :)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Reactions: 10 people

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

Good morning everyone! I can't believe it's Thursday already. Wow! I went to 'Starbucks' yesterday and noticed that four more Holiday drinks have been introduced. Eggnog latte, gingerbread latte, nutmeg latte and something-else mocha. I guess it's easy to become addicted to 'Starbucks' at this time of the year when they have so many delicious drinks. ^^ I tried salted caramel mocha because I hadn't tried it before. Yummy! I'm getting ready for my lectures, and I hope to submit my essay today which I finished writing on Monday. The deadline is next Monday but I love submitting my works earlier.

I wish you all a good day!

Have fun at your classes today!!!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning all. Tomorrow I will be in the car for six hours by myself, driving through northwest Oklahoma and it will be Christmas music all the way!

You know you are in no man's land when you pass a sign that says "caution; tumbleweeds on roadway." That sign does exist and I will see it tomorrow. But I'll have Dean, Bing, Frank, and everyone to keep me company. Northwest Oklahoma has some very cool things for a guy like me who loves the west with random mesas, hills, and small canyons scattered about. Just seeing that area makes me feel like I need to be on a horse with a rifle and shotgun strapped beside a bedroll and a food pouch, and a pistol strapped to my side. :)

Hope you have a great day too!!!! Stay safe out there on the roads tomorrow!!!!!

Was your wife happy that George Strait won last night?

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

Enjoy your road trip, Ryan, and travel safe!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Afternoon All,

Beautiful day here today. My eldest is home today , I think he 's caught a bug. I have been decluttering today and organising shelves and cupboards. I have got boxes of stuff including the Halloween decorations ready to be put into the loft and a few things to go to goodwill. My end of year '' to do'' list is slowly moving along. I'm hoping to get a lot more done on Saturday and hopefully finish up by end of next week. Then it will be time for the fun things like christmas cards, shopping and bringing down the decorations etc.

I am having a little break with a cup of Christmas tea, a Christmas cookie ,MMC and I've tuned into Merry In-laws on tv. I am making a point of taking a Christmas time out every day till Christmas day even if its just 20 minutes or so. It's so easy to get caught up with everything else and before you know it the season is over and your left wishing you savoured it more.

I saw the Christmas ad for another big department store last night!

I hope you all are having a really good day. I am super excited about tomorrow. First day of the special posts, best of luck Made!!!

Reactions: 12 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Afternoon All,

Beautiful day here today. My eldest is home today , I think he 's caught a bug. I have been decluttering today and organising shelves and cupboards. I have got boxes of stuff including the Halloween decorations ready to be put into the loft and a few things to go to goodwill. My end of year '' to do'' list is slowly moving along. I'm hoping to get a lot more done on Saturday and hopefully finish up by end of next week. Then it will be time for the fun things like christmas cards, shopping and bringing down the decorations etc.

I am having a little break with a cup of Christmas tea, a Christmas cookie ,MMC and I've tuned into Merry In-laws on tv. I am making a point of taking a Christmas time out every day till Christmas day even if its just 20 minutes or so. It's so easy to get caught up with everything else and before you know it the season is over and your left wishing you savoured it more.

I hope you all are having a really good day. I am super excited about tomorrow. First day of the special posts, best of luck Made!!!

Hope your son feels better, Festive!!

I think it's wonderful that you are taking at least 20 minutes a day & doing something Christmasy!! Love it ❤️

I am excited for the special posts, too!!

Have a lovely day!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8 people

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England

Have a fun and safe trip John Wayne.

P.S. If you get a chance please take a photo of that sign! That made me laugh. Hilarious!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning MMC!!!! It's going to be a chilly day here with a high in the 40's. Not much on my agenda for today. Just need to do some laundry and cleaning to do. I hope everyone is having a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 9 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Dan is on QVC! :grin:

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning!
We are expecting rain today, with temperatures around 60 degrees.
My oldest has off from school and work so she will be with me all day. No big plans but it will be nice to have some company. I would like her to clean her room but I'm sure that's the last thing she wants to do on her day off! She works for a clothing store and keeps coming home with new clothes and shoes. There are piles of bags in her room, it's ridiculous. At least I know she getting a great discount on everything.
I hope everyone is well and has a happy Thursday!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Have a safe trip Ryan!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Afternoon All,

Sending get well wishes to your son!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Much thanks for the well-wishes about receiving calls for teaching. I received my first call while I was at the gym (at about 5pm). Tomorrow, I officially begin my career as a supply teacher. It will be my first time in front of a class in about a year and a half. Wish me luck!

Great news, Brent. Good luck today. I know you'll do great.

Reactions: 5 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
For the first time in two weeks it feels a lot better, a little tight but better. Thanks for asking.

That's good news. I think the meds really help. I also buy Icy Hot patches, that you can wear up to 8 hours and I wear them while I'm at work, when I have my flair ups. I don't take the muscle relaxants during work hours, they always make me so tired, so the patches really seem to help. Those may help you as well. There are other brands as well.

Reactions: 4 people

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope you get to catch up on some sleep!!!

I did, thanks. I never got called in, so today is a day of relaxing with you guys, watching QVC/Hallmark, and just doing some housework.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image