Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Greetings! I'm resurrecting our sick game of the celebrity death watch. Every January we look far into the future of the next year and predict who will "kick the bucket".

We will also use this thread to make note of those we lose in 2016, whether they make our lists or not.

This has been a new year ritual for me for many years. I can usually get a few but for the past couple of years I've been completely shut out. That's making me feel all powerful -- that these people on my list owe ME for adding to their longevity if only because I'm such a lousy prognosticator.

Now, a disclaimer is needed for this: this is not a mean-spirited exercise. It's meant in jest alone and is a small price for those we identify to pay for their celebrity. We certainly don't WISH for these people to kick off...we just think they might.

So posts your lists...and come back next year to see who made it...I mean, didn't make it: Here's my list:

1. Pope Benedict
2. Pope Francis
3. Billy Graham
4. Kirk Douglas
5. Zsa Zsa Gabor
6. Muhammad Ali
7. Shirley MacLaine
8. Angie Dickinson
9. Sean Connery
10. Angela Lansbury

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
With great sadness I regret to make note of the passing of both Natalie Cole and Wayne Rogers, both apparently on New Year's Eve, so technically they were lost in 2015.

Natalie Cole is a warm Christmas memory for me because we got a chance to briefly meet her when she performed at Christmas with the MoTab a couple of years ago. That was a difference concert but one we greatly enjoyed.

Reactions: Festive Spirit

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
1. Marion Ross
2. Gene Wilder
3. Zsa Zsa Gabor
4. Betty White
5. Mel Brooks
6. Clint Eastwood
7. Dick Van Dyke
8. Christopher Plummer
9. Barbara Bush
10. Cloris Leachman

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I put Dick Van Dyke on my list a few years ago and my eldest daughter gave me the Dickens for it. They showed him in kind of a tribute video recently of a flash mob at Disneyland or somewhere serenading him with songs from Mary Poppins. After a while he joined them and I have to tell you he looked pretty spry for 90 years old.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
How awesome ~ I'll have to look it up on YouTube when I get somewhere w/WIFI. CoziTV recently showed the walnut episode of the Dick Van Dyke show and it stuck in my head.

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Okay - here goes........trying to think outside the box (some of these are probably already pushing up daisies!)
1) Kirk Douglas
2) George Bush Sr.
3) Yoko Ono
4) Wilford Brimley
5) Doris Day
6) Hal Holbrook
7) Kaye Ballard
8) Debbie Reynolds
9) Liza Minnelli
10) Glen Campbell

George Broderick Jr.

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
MMC Partner
Jul 20, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
The thing about these lists is they all seem to feature OLDER people... it's easy to predict someone like Glen Campbell (with Alzheimer's) but the truly SHOCKING ones are younger people who die in accidents, suicides, murders or from drug overdoses... so my list is only ONE prediction...

That one younger person you'd NEVER have suspected of dying in 2016 (name withheld)...

SW1Dennis

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Jun 14, 2007
Chandler AZ
:ringy

1) Glen Campbell
2) President George H.W. Bush
3) Doris Day
4) Dick Van Dyke
5) Betty White
6) William Clinton
7) Henry Kissinger
8) Jimmy Carter
9) Charlie Sheen
10) Current worlds oldest person

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
The thing about these lists is they all seem to feature OLDER people... it's easy to predict someone like Glen Campbell (with Alzheimer's) but the truly SHOCKING ones are younger people who die in accidents, suicides, murders or from drug overdoses... so my list is only ONE prediction...

That one younger person you'd NEVER have suspected of dying in 2016 (name withheld)...

Very true. In fact, the year that River Phoenix died I predicted his demise and that for years made me cocky and I always put someone much younger on the list. I've killed off Lindsay Lohan a couple of times, Charlie Sheen once or twice and last year thought Shia LaBeouf was doomed.

It's probably an edgier way to play but predicting young death messes with your percentages. At this point, I just need a win. I'm 0-20 the past two years.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
RIP, Alan Rickman. :(