Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Friday morning everyone. Hey, I can dream can't I?
Happy "Friday" to you! ;)
I was thinking about you the other night. The Amish lady who is staying with my mom had to leave early last week b/c they had a wedding in their community, on Thursday. We asked her questions about the wedding when she got back. There were 550 people there, 220 horse & buggies, & they were fed 2 meals, and it was at a house/barn! Can you imagine?? :eek: 1 meal is a lot, but at their weddings they serve 2! Yikes! There were 50 women helping with the cooking! :cool:

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Happy "Friday" to you! ;)
I was thinking about you the other night. The Amish lady who is staying with my mom had to leave early last week b/c they had a wedding in their community, on Thursday. We asked her questions about the wedding when she got back. There were 550 people there, 220 horse & buggies, & they were fed 2 meals, and it was at a house/barn! Can you imagine?? :eek: 1 meal is a lot, but at their weddings they serve 2! Yikes! There were 50 women helping with the cooking! :cool:

Wow. And here we thought the Amish were so simple, eh? Of course, they probably raised a barn or something during that wedding....

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Thank You, M!!

Oh my goodness, she is just precious!! Love this photo! <3
Hugs to your sweet girl!

xx

You're welcome, snowflake!
Thank you!!!
Palmer sends hugs back!
xx

Hello Palmer!!!

Thank you! :)
The garden center you go too sounds very nice. I like the smaller centers sometimes - they are more organized. Both that we went too yesterday had 3 green houses - very nice & pretty organized! :) I hope you can find all the herbs you are wanting!!

You're welcome!
Oh my, 3 greenhouse would be such fun to go to! I'd probably walk out with way too many plants. There is a huge greenhouse I pass in Bay City that does Christmas in a big way . . . and I have yet to have the time to stop in. You can't just pop in for a quick visit, after all. Some day!!
xx

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
You're welcome, snowflake!
Thank you!!!
Palmer sends hugs back!
xx

You're welcome!
Oh my, 3 greenhouse would be such fun to go to! I'd probably walk out with way too many plants. There is a huge greenhouse I pass in Bay City that does Christmas in a big way . . . and I have yet to have the time to stop in. You can't just pop in for a quick visit, after all. Some day!!
xx
You're welcome!

And Thank You, Palmer!! <3
xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
The same weather pattern here, too. My garden needs to be watered, so I hope it will rain today as forecasted. :)
Our garden is too wet to til! No watering needed at this point! ;)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Wow. And here we thought the Amish were so simple, eh? Of course, they probably raised a barn or something during that wedding....
Ha! You may be right! ;)

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
The loaf of bread I had baking is done so I can put the kitchen back to order and get some work done. It has been fun spending the morning here!

Have a Merry day, my friends!!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Our garden is too wet to til! No watering needed at this point! ;)

Hope it dries out soon and that there is no damage to what has already been planted!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You're welcome!
xx
That sounds like a great place - perfect in the spring & at Christmas!! :D Probably beautiful mums in the fall too? And I agree, I can never pop in for a quick visit, though we did pretty good yesterday at keeping moving! As I mentioned my sisters truck was FULL!
-santa-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
The loaf of bread I had baking is done so I can put the kitchen back to order and get some work done. It has been fun spending the morning here!

I bet your house smells AMAZING! Enjoy the bread! It was nice having you here this morning! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hope it dries out soon and that there is no damage to what has already been planted!!
Thank you! I think everything that is in there is doing well. It's just too damp for the tiller. And we want to till it up good again before planting the rest of the garden. We'll get sunshine again some day soon... :D

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

I bet your house smells wonderful!!

Have a merry day, yourself! :)
xx

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
My buddy stopped off today and had bought me some Carolina Reaper peppers and ground up Reaper. He also had brought chili with him already seasoned. Every bite was like a mouthful of lava. Lemme tell ya..lol..words dont even begin to describe these lil gems.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I would love to see the photo's if you find them! And we know you can keep the Christmas cactus alive! :D
That's the only plant that ever survived me! She's still doing well, but I have my fingers crossed, because I trimmed her last weekend so the branches wouldn't straggle onto the table. I hope she'll still grow and bloom!

FrostyKnowsBest

Reindeer Rocketeer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2015
Michigan
www.mixcloud.com
Here's another awful one: "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever." We got the DVD in a bargain bin, and I watched it Monday night. It could have been a better movie, but having Grumpy Cat pop up frequently to diss the movie while it's in progress keeps you from enjoying the movie on any level---you can't get into the story, and the "funny" interruptions become annoying.
I've seen that one and I agree! I wasn't even aware of who grumpy cat was till I saw that movie.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
You're welcome! Praying all is well with you! Aw, so nice that Mr. could get you smiling and laughing again!! xx

Thanks!
We're ridiculously compatible!

He's swingin' in the rain,
just swingin' in the rain,
What a glorious feelin',
He's happy again!
Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image