Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Monday Morning MMC! The last Monday before the Christmas season? Is that possible? I'm sure Crown will confirm as always but it's just hard to believe where we are right now. I'm off next Monday so I have that to look forward to all week long. A chilly start here but nothing out of the ordinary for November. A pretty normal day here but the excitement is building for all the posts this week and the fun times that will begin with the approach of the Christmas season. We don't have much time left to get ready guys (and girls) so I hope you all have a good day and look forward to our favorite time of year literally days away from beginning!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Monday Morning MMC! The last Monday before the Christmas season? Is that possible? I'm sure Crown will confirm as always but it's just hard to believe where we are right now. I'm off next Monday so I have that to look forward to all week long. A chilly start here but nothing out of the ordinary for November. A pretty normal day here but the excitement is building for all the posts this week and the fun times that will begin with the approach of the Christmas season. We don't have much time left to get ready guys (and girls) so I hope you all have a good day and look forward to our favorite time of year literally days away from beginning!
Morning Edge. I love this time of year and no matter what happens tomorrow, the one for whom the season is named is still in charge, so that always brings comfort to me. That and the fact that the season will still bring out the best in a lot of people all over the world. But you are right, the time is traveling quickly and seems to pick up speed with each passing week.
Enjoy your day. Hope your picks were better this week... :D

Roger Happy Monday.gif

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !!

going to be a nice day here with nice warm temps, hard to believe it is November 7th !
Off to work then my meeting this evening.
My competition cake has been covered in fondant and ready for decorations. I cannot find the picture I had printed out to go with it so may have to go and have another printed. (I must have a 5 x 7 picture of the fashion my cake is based on). I have only 10 days till have to take it in. I did take 3 days off before the competition so am not worried about time frame for getting it done.

In a few short days the Christmas season starts, how exciting is that !!!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Morning HMG. I am way behind on postings for the past week. Been a busy few days for me, but I hope the same was not true for you and that this last week was filled with happiness and good times.
Enjoy this Monday and a new week...
View attachment 33534

A Merry Monday Morning to all MMC. Nice to be back. Last week was hectic, but I won't bore you with the details. It's over and that's good enough. Off today and Friday, when I am taking Connie to see Chicago in concert with Earth, Wind & Fire. Not a huge concert fan myself, but it will be good just to be with her and see the excited look she will get when her favorite band plays. I will help the zoo begin decorating for Breakfast with Santa. They have a huge back room that at times get rented for weddings, parties or even meetings and now it will be filled with Christmas trees and other decorations for the season and the event. Not much else to tell, the weather has stayed mild, which bodes well for decorating the front yard for Christmas (right after the Thanksgiving stuff comes down.
Have a nice cup of coffee (or tea) relax a bit and jump into this fantastic morning...
View attachment 33537

Thank you CGYager ~
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, hope it isn't too hectic! And I hope you enjoy the concert with Connie! :)

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC! What an awesome week this is going to be here! Can't wait!!!

Getting ready for work and then coffee with a friend this afternoon. Election Day tomorrow AM, so I'll be voting then as well. Hope the lines aren't too long! I'm staying off Facebook with everyone arguing, so MMC is the perfect place to be! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful and merry day today!

Good morning DYHWIH ~
Wishing you a wonderful day, have fun with your friend this afternoon!
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I hope everyone had great weekend! It was busy for us. Last night was my cousins wedding which was a lot of fun, I didn't get to go to the after party though because I had work this am. Tonight we had my grandma over for cake to celebrate my grandmas 90th birthday tomorrow. Goodnight everyone! We have an even busier day tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to your Grandma and congratulations to your cousin! Hope you have a great day nmc!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Good morning Edge, Happy Monday!
I hope you have a great day and a wonderful Christmassy week ahead!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning MMC! What an awesome week this is going to be here! Can't wait!!!

Getting ready for work and then coffee with a friend this afternoon. Election Day tomorrow AM, so I'll be voting then as well. Hope the lines aren't too long! I'm staying off Facebook with everyone arguing, so MMC is the perfect place to be! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful and merry day today!
Have a good time with your friend this afternoon. Hope the lines won't be too long to vote tomorrow. You're right about staying off Facebook at this time. Politics often bring out the worst in a lot of people, unfortunately. A merry day to you as well DYHWIH.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Morning MMC !!

going to be a nice day here with nice warm temps, hard to believe it is November 7th !
My competition cake has been covered in fondant and ready for decorations. I cannot find the picture I had printed out to go with it so may have to go and have another printed. (I must have a 5 x 7 picture of the fashion my cake is based on). I have only 10 days till have to take it in. I did take 3 days off before the competition so am not worried about time frame for getting it done.

Good morning Star, Happy Monday!
I hope you have a great day, good luck with the competition!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
A Merry Monday Morning to all MMC. Nice to be back. Last week was hectic, but I won't bore you with the details. It's over and that's good enough. Off today and Friday, when I am taking Connie to see Chicago in concert with Earth, Wind & Fire. Not a huge concert fan myself, but it will be good just to be with her and see the excited look she will get when her favorite band plays. I will help the zoo begin decorating for Breakfast with Santa. They have a huge back room that at times get rented for weddings, parties or even meetings and now it will be filled with Christmas trees and other decorations for the season and the event. Not much else to tell, the weather has stayed mild, which bodes well for decorating the front yard for Christmas (right after the Thanksgiving stuff comes down.
Have a nice cup of coffee (or tea) relax a bit and jump into this fantastic morning...
View attachment 33537
Have a great time at the concert, really can't go wrong with Chicago and Earth Wind & Fire. You sound just like my husband, going along to make the wife happy, which is so nice. Decorating for the zoo for Christmas sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a great day off CGYager.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
forgot to mention that I won an award from the YMCA for raising the most $ during our smile campaign to send kids off to camp this summer.

this is my boss Jess with me at the store when the YMCA gave me the award. I get a whole week aat kids camp !! Have not been to kids camp since I was, well a kid. LOL. I will most likely give it to my niece and let her go.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I'm already in Christmas season mode myself. Hope you have a great day Edge.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
forgot to mention that I won an award from the YMCA for raising the most $ during our smile campaign to send kids off to camp this summer.

this is my boss Jess with me at the store when the YMCA gave me the award. I get a whole week aat kids camp !! Have not been to kids camp since I was, well a kid. LOL. I will most likely give it to my niece and let her go.
Congratulations Christmasstar! What a worthy cause to support too!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Morning MMC !!

Any chance we'll get to see a picture of the finished cake? What is theme? I'm an amateur baker at best and I do very basic piping work and it's hard enough as it is, I am in awe of people like you who have mastered the craft.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday morning! There is nothing like getting up on a Monday knowing you don't have to go into work for two weeks. It's going to be a gorgeous sunny day here with temperatures warming up. I plan on taking Loki out on long walks during my staycation, taking in the crisp Fall air. For now I'm just relaxing with him cuddling up next to me. Wishing everyone a great Monday to start the week!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning!
Happy Monday ~
It's going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 53 degrees. Maggie is scheduled to have her echocardiogram today. They originally wanted me to drop her off in the morning and leave her there for the day The radiologist travels and they're never sure what time he'll show up. I didn't want to leave her there that long so they agreed to call me when the radiologist gets there and then I could bring her down and wait. I thought that was nice of them. So I'll be standing by waiting for the call, just working on my daily chores. That's about it for me. Hope everyone had a nice weekend and has a great week ahead!

IMG_9843.JPG

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Monday morning! There is nothing like getting up on a Monday knowing you don't have to go into work for two weeks. It's going to be a gorgeous sunny day here with temperatures warming up. I plan on taking Loki out on long walks during my staycation, taking in the crisp Fall air. For now I'm just relaxing with him cuddling up next to me. Wishing everyone a great Monday to start the week!

Good morning Martine ~
Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing staycation!
xx

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning!
Happy Monday ~
It's going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 53 degrees. Maggie is scheduled to have her echocardiogram today. They originally wanted me to drop her off in the morning and leave her there for the day The radiologist travels and they're never sure what time he'll show up. I didn't want to leave her there that long so they agreed to call me when the radiologist gets there and then I could bring her down and wait. I thought that was nice of them. So I'll be standing by waiting for the call, just working on my daily chores. That's about it for me. Hope everyone had a nice weekend and has a great week ahead!

View attachment 33550
Praying all goes well for Maggie . I will be thinking of you both. ((((Hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image