MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)
Bravo! And so true. Even though it may be difficult at times to put aside our cares, especially heavy ones, we should put some effort into letting the Light of Christmas blind us to trouble for a while, even if it's just a handful of special moments throughout the season. Like the ones when we read special posts and feel closer to our friends here.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
A very good (and early) morning to all the MMC community. I'm doing my first post now at lunch for a really good reason... tonight is the Chicago / Earth, Wind & Fire concert with my wife. So, as soon as I get home this morning (3 hours & 7 minutes from now), I'm headed into dreamland so I do not fall asleep during the performances. If I get the opportunity, I will check back in after it is over. I'm not sure how long it will last.
It is a Fantastic Friday and I hope everyone has an exceptional day.

View attachment 33713

View attachment 33714
Hope you get some good sleep & you have a fantastic time tonight!! ENJOY!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Friday,

It is a little scary that we are almost mid way through November!

I hope you guys are enjoying the lead up to Thanksgiving and your plans are going smoothly.

While I was tucking my youngest in bed last night he said Momma, tomorrow is a special day. I asked him why is that thinking it was something to do with school. He then goes on to tell me how we have to remember the soldiers who died. I was so touched that he understands the importance at only 5yrs.
Just had to share that :)

View attachment 33715

Have a great day everyone.
That is so sweet. Bless his heart!
Good morning/afternoon Festive!
I have really got to get my head wrapped around hosting Thanksgiving. I'm going to run out of time....it's just coming so fast!
Have a wonderful day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday Morning MMC! TGIF! Happy Veteran's Day and thanks to all of those who served. I am here having my breakfast and getting excited as I'm off Monday so a classic 3 day weekend. I know Rollins will be happy with that. Our Christmas Season begins this weekend. Just unbelievable but exciting beyond belief. Hope everyone has a great Friday and a great start to the weekend.
So nice to have a SPECIAL long weekend!!! Hard to believe we are welcoming in the season already THIS weekend!
Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Beautiful!!! I've caught the Christmas spirit even more after reading your post. Thank you!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Special Post

Beautiful, DYHWIH! Thank you!:)

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Veterans Day, Christmas friends, and thanks to all those who have served!

My dad served two tours in Viet Nam, and I'm always amazed that he enlisted & was willing to part with us for so long. Service to one's country is a special gift that should never go unrecognized.

Jacob's band played last night, and for the first time, Nancy & I didn't go. We've just had so much happening that we were too tired to stay up so late.

And Jacob has been offered the chance to play guitar for an up-and-coming country music artist tonight. Her regular guitarist is not feeling well, and Jacob is friends with her brother, so he recommended Jacob. The gig is in Gainsville, FL, and Nancy doesn't want him to go so far away, but I've convinced her that it's ok LOL. It'll be a great opportunity for Jacob, with at least some bragging rights!

Jim and I are having lunch with mama today. I hope y'all have a great Friday! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Merry Friday!
Typical day for me, I have a couple of errands to run and I'll be working on my daily chores. I also have to go to the car dealer later tonight with my husband, my lease is up soon. I'm probably just going to end up getting the new model of what I'm driving now. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and we're not there too long.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

View attachment 33744
Good luck at the dealership tonight HMG! I hope it's quick & painless! Have a great day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy Veterans Day, Christmas friends, and thanks to all those who have served!

My dad served two tours in Viet Nam, and I'm always amazed that he enlisted & was willing to part with us for so long. Service to one's country is a special gift that should never go unrecognized.

Jacob's band played last night, and for the first time, Nancy & I didn't go. We've just had so much happening that we were too tired to stay up so late.

And Jacob has been offered the chance to play guitar for an up-and-coming country music artist tonight. Her regular guitarist is not feeling well, and Jacob is friends with her brother, so he recommended Jacob. The gig is in Gainsville, FL, and Nancy doesn't want him to go so far away, but I've convinced her that it's ok LOL. It'll be a great opportunity for Jacob, with at least some bragging rights!

Jim and I are having lunch with mama today. I hope y'all have a great Friday! :D
What an awesome opportunity for Jacob, he must be thrilled! Will you attend the show? Have a great lunch and a great day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday! And Happy Veterans Day to all our US friends & Happy Remembrance day to all our Canadian friends! Thanks to all who have served & those currently serving!

I had a good time with the girls last night. Most of our hubby's crashed our party too, but we didn't hear much from them all night. Girls on this side, boys on that side. Ha ha! ;) Didn't get home til midnight & then had to play with my Gracie girl for a bit, so I'm a little sleepy today but not too bad....IT'S FRIDAY!!! :D

Everyone, have a Fabulous Friday!!!

Have a great day Holiday and hope you can rest some after last night.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy Friday All...another week gone!! How did that happen?? I am off from work today and it is my husband's b-day so tonight we are going out for hibachi with the kids. My youngest daughter has her first basketball game tomorrow at 1. Otherwise we have a quiet weekend. Have a great day and weekend!
Also a special thanks to all the Veterans!
Have fun tonight celebrating your husband's birthday and enjoy your long weekend!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Friday morning! I had a somewhat restful night for once, was even woken up by the alarm which never happens. Strong winds and rain overnight and it's going to stay quite cold today. I have some shopping to do and more cleaning around the appartment. Yesterday I started to organize our dvds and did some de-cluttering of the hallway closet. Hope everyone will have a great day!
My 1st thought is - why an alarm on your day off?? That's not right!! LOL!!! ;) Stay warm today!! We are supposed to dip into the 20's tonight. Not ready for that.
-shiver-
Have another wonderful day off Martine!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I seemed to have lost my Alerts from yesterday. So a big Thank You to everyone who liked my Day 3 Post!! And a big Happy Veterans Day to everyone!!
We are so close to the season I can almost smell the cookies baking..lol As a side note here.....Last night I assembled my new train set to see how big it would be around the tree..ughh its enormous. Might have to buy another house with a bigger livingroom.
Hope you find that house with a bigger living room soon!!! Ha ha! Have a great day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy friday! I am off today so lots of errands to be done. I work all weekend so I have to make sure the store is ready and clean for when my boss comes back from Mexico Monday am
Oh I know that feeling all too well, wanting to make sure everything is ok for when the boss comes back. They say the strength of a team is measured when the boss is away. I'm sure you guys did a great job with the store. Have fun on your day off.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Not much has changed at work, we are still looking to fill positions. The resumes are coming in, but without any experience or long term employment behind them.
One positive thing is that we've filled up available rentals, so not so many showings at once. We can rest a little easier for a few days at least.
Sure hope you can find some help in there soon! xx Glad to hear you have some room to breathe for a bit!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
My 1st thought is - why an alarm on your day off?? That's not right!! LOL!!! ;) Stay warm today!! We are supposed to dip into the 20's tonight. Not ready for that.
-shiver-
Have another wonderful day off Martine!
LOL! Not for me, for my husband who is not on vacation, unfortunately. I'm usually awake before it rings but not this morning.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Good Morning, Everybody!

WOW, but we are so incredibly close now to Christmas Season 2016!!

The scary (but exciting) numbers:
Days to the Season: 2 (THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 13 (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS, NOW!)
Days to Christmas Day: 44 (Closing in on six weeks!)
(About time to locate those Christmas albums and movies, don't you think? )

The remainig Special Post Series:
Today (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear (Already posted above. Scroll up!)
Tomorrow (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
Sunday (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

Coolish weather continues but with adequate sun and little wind, it feels warmer than it is.
Today should see us almost to 70 before we drop back into the 50's for highs again for the weekend and the start of the Season.
Right now, we are settled in at a chilly but sunny 45 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends.
And thoroughly enjoy this final Weekend Eve before the Season commences!
Have a great weekend crown!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol