Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy friday! I am off today so lots of errands to be done. I work all weekend so I have to make sure the store is ready and clean for when my boss comes back from Mexico Monday am
Enjoy your day off. Hope your work weekend goes well!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Friday All...another week gone!! How did that happen?? I am off from work today and it is my husband's b-day so tonight we are going out for hibachi with the kids. My youngest daughter has her first basketball game tomorrow at 1. Otherwise we have a quiet weekend. Have a great day and weekend!
Also a special thanks to all the Veterans!
Happy Birthday to your hubby! Have fun @ hibachi tonight! Hope he has a great day! Enjoy your day off. And I hope the 1st game goes well!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Seems like we were just welcoming in summer...that flew...and now more than half of Autumn is gone. Geez.
Crazy, huh? -reindeer-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Veterans Day, Christmas friends, and thanks to all those who have served!

My dad served two tours in Viet Nam, and I'm always amazed that he enlisted & was willing to part with us for so long. Service to one's country is a special gift that should never go unrecognized.

Jacob's band played last night, and for the first time, Nancy & I didn't go. We've just had so much happening that we were too tired to stay up so late.

And Jacob has been offered the chance to play guitar for an up-and-coming country music artist tonight. Her regular guitarist is not feeling well, and Jacob is friends with her brother, so he recommended Jacob. The gig is in Gainsville, FL, and Nancy doesn't want him to go so far away, but I've convinced her that it's ok LOL. It'll be a great opportunity for Jacob, with at least some bragging rights!

Jim and I are having lunch with mama today. I hope y'all have a great Friday! :D
So very true. What a great sacrifice!
Wow, how awesome for Jacob. I bet he is excited!!! Good luck to him!
Enjoy lunch with Jim & mama today!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Have a great day Holiday and hope you can rest some after last night.
Thanks Martine. Hubby is going to our HS Football playoff game tonight, so Gracie & I have the house to ourselves! My friend & her daughter may come over, but should be a nice 'n quiet night. :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
LOL! Not for me, for my husband who is not on vacation, unfortunately. I'm usually awake before it rings but not this morning.
Those darn husbands! Ha ha!! ;) I'm glad you were able to sleep in a little more than usual!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Merry Friday,

It is a little scary that we are almost mid way through November!

I hope you guys are enjoying the lead up to Thanksgiving and your plans are going smoothly.

While I was tucking my youngest in bed last night he said Momma, tomorrow is a special day. I asked him why is that thinking it was something to do with school. He then goes on to tell me how we have to remember the soldiers who died. I was so touched that he understands the importance at only 5yrs.
Just had to share that :)

View attachment 33715

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Friday!
That is so sweet and thoughtful of your son, bless him. You must be so proud <3

Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)

Amen!
Thank you for the honest and beautiful post, DYHWIH.

Good morning ~
Merry Friday!
Typical day for me, I have a couple of errands to run and I'll be working on my daily chores. I also have to go to the car dealer later tonight with my husband, my lease is up soon. I'm probably just going to end up getting the new model of what I'm driving now. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and we're not there too long.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

View attachment 33744

Happy Friday, HmG!
Hope you find the perfect car for you, and a great deal too.
Have a great day!
xo

That's some good news that the rentals have filled up, you can breathe some. It's always so hard when you're short-staffed, there's only so much the remaining employees can do. Hang in there and hope you find strong new hires soon.
Thank you, Martine~
That is so true. I'm very ready for the weekend!

Hope you're enjoying your staycation :) Hugs to you & Loki!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas friends...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far....Its been a Dry/Chilly day here today Brrrrrrrrrr....Today it was -2:shiver....Its Friday!!!!!!!!...Holidays!!!!!!!!.....Woooo-Hoooo....Tonite its Fish and Chips and mush peas MMMmmm also i extra large glass of wine since i am on 2 weeks vacation:sway...........Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend ahead christmas friends+b

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a wonderful Veterans Day weekend!!! I'm going to try to log on to read the special posts, but tomorrow will be a busy day. I'm meeting the lake girls to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow morning. There is a German Family Christmas going on in a nearby town, also the Christmas open house at my favorite craft barn! :) This all happens to be right on the way to my future nieces bridal shower so I will go there on my way home....and then the Buckeyes play at 3:30! Whew! All good stuff though!

Take care everyone!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas friends...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far....Its been a Dry/Chilly day here today Brrrrrrrrrr....Today it was -2:shiver....Its Friday!!!!!!!!...Holidays!!!!!!!!.....Woooo-Hoooo....Tonite its Fish and Chips and mush peas MMMmmm also i extra large glass of wine since i am on 2 weeks vacation:sway...........Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend ahead christmas friends+b

LUCKY YOU!! +k Have a great weekend prancer!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Happy Friday all! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Merry Friday, Frosty! Have a great day!

Good morning MMC! Merry Friday! And Happy Veterans Day to all our US friends & Happy Remembrance day to all our Canadian friends! Thanks to all who have served & those currently serving!

I had a good time with the girls last night. Most of our hubby's crashed our party too, but we didn't hear much from them all night. Girls on this side, boys on that side. Ha ha! ;) Didn't get home til midnight & then had to play with my Gracie girl for a bit, so I'm a little sleepy today but not too bad....IT'S FRIDAY!!! :D

Everyone, have a Fabulous Friday!!!

Merry Friday, Holiday!
TGIF ;)
Glad you and the girls had so much fun last night!
Hugs to you and Gracie, have a nice weekend!

Happy Friday All...another week gone!! How did that happen?? I am off from work today and it is my husband's b-day so tonight we are going out for hibachi with the kids. My youngest daughter has her first basketball game tomorrow at 1. Otherwise we have a quiet weekend. Have a great day and weekend!
Also a special thanks to all the Veterans!

Happy Birthday to your husband!
Have fun celebrating today :)
Enjoy your day off, and weekend too!

Good morning snowflake! Wish I had today off....but I only work until noon, so it's not too bad at all! ;)
I think Emma may have shared her cough with me!! Better me than Mom! ;)
Hope your Friday is off to a good start!
No kidding! ;) Me, too.
Bummer about the cough, hope it goes away quickly. Take care of yourself!
Thanks, busy morning but am allowing myself a break.
I bet you're on your way home, have a fantastic and fun weekend!

How awesome that you have an old family nativity set. I'm sure you are excited to see it displayed again! I bet your house is looking so festive & beautiful!!
Thank you! It really is lovely to display it, means a lot to me.
Thanks, Adi & I plan to work on the village this weekend. I'm excited! :)

Good afternoon and Happy Friday to all! :)

Merry Friday, K.G.!
{{{Hugs}}}
:tree:
xx

Happy friday! I am off today so lots of errands to be done. I work all weekend so I have to make sure the store is ready and clean for when my boss comes back from Mexico Monday am
Happy Friday, nmc!
Hope you have a productive day, but can also find time to relax, too.
:)

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Happy Veterans Day, Christmas friends, and thanks to all those who have served!

My dad served two tours in Viet Nam, and I'm always amazed that he enlisted & was willing to part with us for so long. Service to one's country is a special gift that should never go unrecognized.

Jacob's band played last night, and for the first time, Nancy & I didn't go. We've just had so much happening that we were too tired to stay up so late.

And Jacob has been offered the chance to play guitar for an up-and-coming country music artist tonight. Her regular guitarist is not feeling well, and Jacob is friends with her brother, so he recommended Jacob. The gig is in Gainsville, FL, and Nancy doesn't want him to go so far away, but I've convinced her that it's ok LOL. It'll be a great opportunity for Jacob, with at least some bragging rights!

Jim and I are having lunch with mama today. I hope y'all have a great Friday! :D
How excellent for Jacob! An amazing opportunity, best wishes to him!
Hope you & Jim have a wonderful lunch with mama, have a great weekend :)

Sure hope you can find some help in there soon! xx Glad to hear you have some room to breathe for a bit!
Thank you!
Me, too. I'm exhausted.
I spoke to soon, we received two notices today. So back to the property management! lol

I may need to pick up some Snowdrift Vanilla, I hear it's back ;)
xx

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks Martine. Hubby is going to our HS Football playoff game tonight, so Gracie & I have the house to ourselves! My friend & her daughter may come over, but should be a nice 'n quiet night. :)

Sounds like a relaxing night with your sweet girl(s)!
Enjoy! :D

Happy Friday and vacation, buddy!
Mmmm, fish & chips :)
Have a great weekend and holiday!!!
-lights-

Everyone, have a wonderful Veterans Day weekend!!! I'm going to try to log on to read the special posts, but tomorrow will be a busy day. I'm meeting the lake girls to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow morning. There is a German Family Christmas going on in a nearby town, also the Christmas open house at my favorite craft barn! :) This all happens to be right on the way to my future nieces bridal shower so I will go there on my way home....and then the Buckeyes play at 3:30! Whew! All good stuff though!

Take care everyone!!!

Have an awesome, Christmassy weekend!
-glitterstocking-

Xmas Jazz Pat

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Nov 8, 2016
Gatineau, Qc (Canada)
How excellent for Jacob! An amazing opportunity, best wishes to him!
Hope you & Jim have a wonderful lunch with mama, have a great weekend :)

Thank you!
Me, too. I'm exhausted.
I spoke to soon, we received two notices today. So back to the property management! lol

I may need to pick up some Snowdrift Vanilla, I hear it's back ;)
xx

Snowdrift Vanilla, you mean the porter?

Never tried it, but it looks delicious! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player