April Fools Day

mrshfromjersey

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Port Charlotte, FL
home.earthlink.net
I love April Fools Day. One year, when I was in high school, me and my brothers turned all the furniture in the livingroom around to face the wall and left for school. Boy was MOM suprised.

Another good AFD joke is to take a cake pan, turn it over and ice it. Then ask someone to cut it. HILARIOUS...plus you get to eat the icing.

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
YOU are a bad girl!

xo

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
she tried the cake thing on me, but I wouldnt bite, I knew it was a trick

mrshfromjersey

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Port Charlotte, FL
home.earthlink.net
He's no fun.

My mom used to take the cereal out of the cereal box and put dog food in the box. That was a big suprise.

When she and my dad first got married, my mom put a piece of saran wrap in my dad's sandwich. Well, dad traded sandwiches at work and some poor sap ended up with a meat and saran wrap sandwich.

Mom also would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a chocolate chip cookie in the middle.

She's kinda weird.

S

sheepsnot

Worst AFD joke I ever heard was when a friend called another friend from the clinic and told them their test results came back positive for HIV. Some folks are better off not being funny.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Well, that depends, Sheep. I remember one AFD when I told my brother that I was in huge trouble. At the time I was running a family business, working for my Dad some 1500 miles from home. I was young, working 16 hours a day, not having much of a life at the time because the business was struggling. Anyway, he called me on April 1st (his first mistake) and asked me how I was *really* doing (his 2nd mistake).

Not having heard from my Dad in a while, I told my brother that I had gotten a girl "in a family way". Worse, she was underage. I swore him to secrecy, knowing full well he couldn't. At Christmas my brother was the one who always had to check the closets and under the beds for presents.

Sure enough, about 15 minutes after talking with him my Dad called -- in hysterics. I wasn't fooling him at all but he was tickled Big Brother got nailed.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He told my mom and THEY got into the act with my brother by acting all upset. Had him going all day long as he spread the word to my giggling siblings.

He doesn't call me on April 1st anymore.

Jeff

S

sheepsnot

I work for a phone company. Not phone service, but systems. One of our guys changed his extension's ID to the phone number of his manager's home number, then called him. When his manager answered the phone, he said, "Hi, honey," thinking it was his wife. When the tech identified himself, the manager said, "Oh, hi....What are you doing at my house!?!" On another occasion the tech set his manager's phone ID to a local strip club so everyone he called...well, you know. Not a happy day. Lastly, each of our techs uses a laptop to talk to the various customer phone systems. One of the guys set his buddy's screensaver to a scrolling message stating, "I'm gay," right before he went to Lifeway Christian Resources to work on their switch. They were not at all pleased when they saw his screensaver. Always a laugh around the office!

mrshfromjersey

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
Port Charlotte, FL
home.earthlink.net
When I worked for an insurance company, we had several employees who's typing skills would never have gotten them hired. You know, the hunt and peck typers. On April Fools day one year, I got my hands on his keyboard and popped a bunch of the keys off and switched them around. Everytime he would think he was typing a t it would come up as a k. I switched the a button with the z button and the e with the q button. I sat and listened while he called the IT department and told them his computer was out of wack. I finally told him what I did and fixed his keyboard, but watching him try to type was really funny.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image