Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Audio Sources For Other Holidays & Special Days

Discussion in 'Holidays Year Round' started by RadioJonD, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ColeThePony

ColeThePony Brony who listens to christmas music Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I got some Johnny Cash CDs.

but i will catch the 7pm replay because i have to watch the new Doctor Who episode today. :)

RadioJonD likes this.
  2. ColeThePony

ColeThePony Brony who listens to christmas music Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

When it's aired? I forgot it's today, on 11/11.

RadioJonD likes this.
  3. ColeThePony

I heard this familiar song before. and yea. there is a movie (a short film, 9 minutes before) warning you about the cold war and this short film named Duck and Cover

RadioJonD likes this.
  4. ColeThePony

And here's the short film itself:

RadioJonD likes this.
  5. ColeThePony

before EBS on the radio. There was Conelrad. Those alerts aired on 640 or 1240 (AM) during the wars.

Here's the ad itself:

And here is the Conelrad broadcast from July:

I am off to bed. Tomorrow i will share more war stuff from the classic days. remember, radio nerds. DUCK AND COVER!

RadioJonD likes this.
  6. ColeThePony

And lest we forget for those who died. More war stuff for Remembrance Day tomorrow from the classic days!

RadioJonD likes this.
  7. ColeThePony

More short films and PSAs about the cold war!

Atomic Alert:
    archive.org/details/AtomicAl1951

Protect and Survive:

RadioJonD likes this.
  8. ColeThePony

There is a UK version of Conelrad. Aka "Wartime Broadcasting System", aired on BBC Radio 4 back in the past. sadly i can't find the full broadcast. but i found a transcript from that broadcast from Wikipedia

RadioJonD likes this.
  9. ColeThePony

10. ColeThePony

A show on the BBC talked about the Wartime broadcasting service and the voice behind it.

RadioJonD likes this.
  11. ColeThePony

and Oddity Archive talked about it. and riffed about those films i shared for you during Remembrance Day

RadioJonD likes this.
  12. ColeThePony

And Oddity archive talked about Conelrad too.

RadioJonD likes this.
  13. ColeThePony

@RadioJonD Is there a New Year's Eve Audio Sources / Radio Broadcast thread or is it on there?

14. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

There's not one. I usually just tack on public radio New Year shows in the annual Christmas schedule/programming thread.

That doesn’t mean we can’t have a dedicated thread though. Or, put them here.

I grew up in the era of Conelrad!

15. ColeThePony

oh. thanks for the info, RadioJonD.

RadioJonD likes this.