MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Cole the Pony didn’t miss it. But, I did.

Host Rob of “The Movie Music Spotlight” on WBOI, 89.1 FM in Fort Wayne, Indiana featured his fourth annual April Fool’s Day show last evening.

A YouTube playlist is available at the show FaceBook page. Rob also says that the show will be available to stream Sunday, April 1, 2018. (No foolin’?) I assume the stream is from WBOI’s website.

6F8F2B14-E1C9-4D28-9CDF-D8C715916F58.jpeg

Reactions: NovaMan

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Well. I missed the 2018 Opening Day for Major League Baseball yesterday as well. I should be demoted or fired (like a twinkie).

But, then again, you didn't post anything either!

Check out this archive from syndicated public radio show "American Routes" for some more Baseball tunes and interviews.

From the webpage:

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME: SPORTS & MUSIC
October 17th, 2007

Feel the thrill of victory as we hear the connections between sports and music in American life. With the World Series upon us, we’ll hear songs about baseball and its heroes in jazz and blues, country and folk. Plus comments from Yankee centerfielder and guitarist Bernie Williams and 1969 Miracle Met (and music lover) Ron Swoboda. And get tips on hitting and the harmonica from Stan “The Man” Musial. In hour two, it’s the music of basketball, boxing, horseracing and football. Meet the bugler at Churchill Downs, and hear about the pull of music from pianist and New Orleans Saints’ cornerback Ashley Ambrose. See you at the game.

HOUR ONE
  • Radio Call: Bobby Thompson's Shot Heard ‘Round The World
    Baseball: A Film By Ken Burns, Elektra/Nonesuch
  • Take Me Out To The Ballgame King Curtis
  • Baseball Boogie Mabel Scott
  • Brown Eyed Handsome Man Chuck Berry
    His Best, Vol.1, MCA
  • SEGMENT: Stan Musial
    Stan the Man's Hit Record and Stan Musial Plays the Harmonica, Phillips Petroleum Company
  • Joltin' Joe DiMaggio Les Brown and His Orchestra
    Baseball's Greatest Hits, Rhino
  • Instrumental: Take Me Out To The Ball Game Sam Bush
    Diamond Cuts, Hungry for Music
  • Joe DiMaggio Done It Again Billy Bragg & Wilco
    Mermaid Avenue, Volume 2, Elektra
  • Baseball Blues Claire Hamill
    Baseball Hits, Flashback
  • Catfish Bob Dylan
    The Bootleg Series: Vol. 1-3, Columbia
  • Van Lingle Mungo Dave Frishberg
  • SEGMENT: Ron Swoboda (for NY Met)

Listen
  • Take Me Out To The Ballgame Dr. John
  • Instrumental: Take Me Out to the BallgameLos Straitjackets
    Diamond Cuts Triple Play, Hungry for Music
  • Did You See Jackie Robinson Hit that Ball?Count Basie and his Orchestra
  • Say Hey (The Willie Mays Songs) The Treniers
  • SEGMENT: Bernie Williams (NY Yankee)
  • Take Me Out To The Ball Game George Winston
    Diamond Cuts: Turning Two, Hungry for Music
  • POSTCARD St. Louis Cardinals 7th Inning Stretch, Busch Stadium
  • Blues for J Jimmy Smith
    Ultimate Jimmy Smith, Verve
  • The Ball Game Sister Wynona Carr
  • You've Got To Hit The Right Lick Big Bill Broonzy
    Diamond Cuts, Hungry for Music

Reactions: NovaMan

ColeThePony

PR of EQR/KOOL 96/KpopChristmas! 103/REZ 104.9
MMC Member
Jun 13, 2017
Tillsonburg, Ontario
This song i linked to you is a soundalike cover from the album "Smash Hits Vol. 03" sadly. I can't find the info, the images or commercial. But the song is from the album "Rockin' All The Over The World" (originally sang by: Status Quo )

ColeThePony

MMC Member
Jun 13, 2017
Tillsonburg, Ontario

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
WDCB 90.9 FM - Chicago, Illinois

"Those Were the Days" Old Time Radio Show

01D69CAD-B861-481F-88D9-A35750BF9C46.jpeg

SATURDAY, JUNE 16 - FATHER’S DAY

FATHER KNOWS BEST (6-14-51) Robert Young stars as Jim Anderson, with Jean Vanderpyl as Margaret, Rhoda Williams as Betty, Ted Donaldson as Bud, Norma Jean Nilsson as Kathy. Plans for a neighborhood Father’s Day picnic get out of hand. Maxwell House Coffee, NBC. (29 min)

NIGHTBEAT (12-28-51) Frank Lovejoy stars as Randy Stone, night beat reporter for the Chicago Star, who keeps a fellow reporter company while his wife is having a baby. With William Conrad as Ben. Sustaining, NBC. (30 min)

STARS AND STRIPES IN BRITAIN (6-20-43) An excerpt from a broadcast for British and American listeners, as actor Ben Lyon interviews two Army cameramen and presents the dedication of a new airfield. BBC/MBS. (14 min)

MAGNIFICENT MONTAGUE (1-5-51) Monte Woolley stars as Edwin Montague, with Anne Seymour as Lily, Pert Kelton as Agnes. Edwin is preparing to celebrate his Silver Anniversary in the theatre, but his father’s sudden appearance threatens to cloud the event. With Art Carney, John Gibson, John Griggs, Gavin Gordon. Don Pardo announces. Sustaining, NBC. (29 min)

MOVIETOWN RADIO THEATRE (1940s) “Borrowed Father” starring Pat O’Brien, with Henry Blair, Betty Arnold, Herb Rawlinson. It’s Father and Son Day at the rodeo and a young man asks a stranger to masquerade as his father. Les Mitchell hosts. Syndicated. (27 min)

PAUL SCHUBERT (6-21-43) A program of news and commentary. “Only a desperate, fractional remnant of the Axis forces in North Africa remain to fight a last-stand battle in the Cap Bon peninsula... Today the enemy troops at the southern part of the front gave up in surrender.” Ford Bond announces. Virginia Rounds, MBS. (14 min)

HALLS OF IVY (5-17-50) Ronald and Benita Colman star as William Todhunter Hall and his wife Victoria, first family of Ivy College. Dr. Hall helps a student who wants to enroll his father into Ivy College. Cast includes Sam Edwards, Sam Hearn. Schlitz Beer, NBC. (28 min)

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
WVKR 91.3 FM - Poughkeepsie, New York

Coming up in a little less than an hour from this post, four songs about Father on Pete Clark's "Orphanage of Rock & Roll."

From the playlist:

4PM-- THE 4X4: FATHERS DAY

Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More - Steely Dan
Color Him Father - Winstons
Hold Me My Daddy - XTC
Father And Son - Cat Stevens

ColeThePony

MMC Member
Jun 13, 2017
Tillsonburg, Ontario
WDCB 90.9 FM - Chicago, Illinois

"Those Were the Days" Old Time Radio Show

View attachment 44993

SATURDAY, JUNE 16 - FATHER’S DAY

FATHER KNOWS BEST (6-14-51) Robert Young stars as Jim Anderson, with Jean Vanderpyl as Margaret, Rhoda Williams as Betty, Ted Donaldson as Bud, Norma Jean Nilsson as Kathy. Plans for a neighborhood Father’s Day picnic get out of hand. Maxwell House Coffee, NBC. (29 min)

NIGHTBEAT (12-28-51) Frank Lovejoy stars as Randy Stone, night beat reporter for the Chicago Star, who keeps a fellow reporter company while his wife is having a baby. With William Conrad as Ben. Sustaining, NBC. (30 min)

STARS AND STRIPES IN BRITAIN (6-20-43) An excerpt from a broadcast for British and American listeners, as actor Ben Lyon interviews two Army cameramen and presents the dedication of a new airfield. BBC/MBS. (14 min)

MAGNIFICENT MONTAGUE (1-5-51) Monte Woolley stars as Edwin Montague, with Anne Seymour as Lily, Pert Kelton as Agnes. Edwin is preparing to celebrate his Silver Anniversary in the theatre, but his father’s sudden appearance threatens to cloud the event. With Art Carney, John Gibson, John Griggs, Gavin Gordon. Don Pardo announces. Sustaining, NBC. (29 min)

MOVIETOWN RADIO THEATRE (1940s) “Borrowed Father” starring Pat O’Brien, with Henry Blair, Betty Arnold, Herb Rawlinson. It’s Father and Son Day at the rodeo and a young man asks a stranger to masquerade as his father. Les Mitchell hosts. Syndicated. (27 min)

PAUL SCHUBERT (6-21-43) A program of news and commentary. “Only a desperate, fractional remnant of the Axis forces in North Africa remain to fight a last-stand battle in the Cap Bon peninsula... Today the enemy troops at the southern part of the front gave up in surrender.” Ford Bond announces. Virginia Rounds, MBS. (14 min)

HALLS OF IVY (5-17-50) Ronald and Benita Colman star as William Todhunter Hall and his wife Victoria, first family of Ivy College. Dr. Hall helps a student who wants to enroll his father into Ivy College. Cast includes Sam Edwards, Sam Hearn. Schlitz Beer, NBC. (28 min)

Sadly i have to go to the movie theater at this time.

ColeThePony

MMC Member
Jun 13, 2017
Tillsonburg, Ontario
WVKR 91.3 FM - Poughkeepsie, New York

Coming up in a little less than an hour from this post, four songs about Father on Pete Clark's "Orphanage of Rock & Roll."

From the playlist:

4PM-- THE 4X4: FATHERS DAY

Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More - Steely Dan
Color Him Father - Winstons
Hold Me My Daddy - XTC
Father And Son - Cat Stevens

XTC who made "Hold Me My Daddy" also sang the theme song of the Oddity Archive, Senses Working Overtime.

Here's the theme song:

And here's the full version:

Reactions: RadioJonD

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image