Celebrating Jack O' Lantern Day

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I listened to my Halloween playlist earlier this morning. I may listen to it again this afternoon. Happy Jack-O-Lantern Day!!!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Jack O Lantern Day #3.jpg

JOL DAY 03.jpg

Happy Jack O Lantern Day #3, folks! I'm watching these two classics tonight after work. I still think to this day, that Halloween 4 has the greatest opening of any movie, that serves to put you in mind of Halloween / Fall season. Fun fact, it was really seeing the first couple of minutes of Halloween 4 on youtube a few years ago, that got me inspired to create Jack O Lantern Day, because I instantly felt such intense Fall vibes, and longed for October in that moment. Jack O Lantern Day was "formally" created just a few months later!

Have a great day, friends!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy Jack O Lantern day. As usual I had my Halloween playlist going on my way to work today. I also planted my jack be little mini pumpkin plants yesterday. And to top it off I think I am going to check out the Stranger Things series later today. I know my family likes it but i just have not got around to seeing it yet. I guess season 4 just came out so it gives me something new to watch over time that has a spooky vibe to it.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going to transplant my sprouted pumpkins into their larger containers today, the wind has been pretty harsh and I haven't wanted to put them outside. Tonight I am going to continue watching Harry Potter and maybe a Halloween Baking show, I am rolling through all 8 films, I keep adding days (like Friday the 13th) to the viewing schedule, so I am going to add in the baking shows to make sure they last!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy JOL Day to you all! I'm glad the spooky vibes are back for one day, at least. Enjoy it because we don't get another one until the end of July!
Another JOL Day is in the books now. But when JOL Day returns, we will be the day before FALL PRESEASON begins. That just gave me a jitter just now. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
JOL Day 04.png

Happy Jack O Lantern Day #4! Happening right now! We are having the most Fall / Bers-like day we've had in a long time. It's 72 degrees outside right now. Yes, you read that correctly. 72 degrees with light showers off and on. I never could have imagined in my wildest dreams that July's JOL Day would see temps this low. You can close your eyes right now and FEEL Fall.

Hope everyone has a good JOL Day that chooses to celebrate! Tomorrow starts FALL PRE-SEASON.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Well another JOL Day is in the books. What an amazing time. Everything really came together yesterday with the cool weather, and gloomy skies and on and off rain. Really felt like late September or early October. I never thought that would be possible back when I was dreaming of Jack O Lantern Days in late December and early January. See you again in 30 days!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
JOL Day 083122.jpg

JOL Day 05.jpg

Happy Jack O Lantern Day #5! I can't believe there are no more for the rest of this year. We have nearly made it back "home". Tomorrow brings in the "sweet spot" of September!

Late tonight, as is custom, I will perform the "tree lighting ceremony", where I get the Halloween tree out of storage and light it up as the sun goes down, finally signifying that The Bers are back!

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
View attachment 96989

View attachment 96990

Happy Jack O Lantern Day #5! I can't believe there are no more for the rest of this year. We have nearly made it back "home". Tomorrow brings in the "sweet spot" of September!

Late tonight, as is custom, I will perform the "tree lighting ceremony", where I get the Halloween tree out of storage and light it up as the sun goes down, finally signifying that The Bers are back!

I have my little black Halloween tree pulled out of storage myself. I will be putting it up sometime over this long weekend. So looking forward to it!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
View attachment 96989

View attachment 96990

I have my little black Halloween tree pulled out of storage myself. I will be putting it up sometime over this long weekend. So looking forward to it!
Time to celebrate!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Jack o' Lantern Day #5! I allowed myself two treats... Sea Salt Caramel chocolates and I snuck my Snoopy Skeleton Solar Bobber out. He is on the window ledge above my kitchen sink nodding when I say that Halloween will be here before we know it!!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I meant to get back in here on Thursday, but it never happened. Our run of Jack O Lantern Days are now completed for 2022, and with "The Real Thing" well on the way now I think they once again did their job. Thank you to everyone who posted and celebrated along with me.

JACK O LANTERN DAY WILL RETURN in 150 DAYS

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
JACK O LANTERN DAY HAS RETURNED! THE 2023 JACK O LANTERN DAY SEASON IS NOW UPON US

01 - January.png

Tonight I'll be watching "Halloween", and "The Thing".

I think "The Thing" might just be the perfect cold weather / January-type Horror movie.

Halloween tunes on the way to work, and going to watch some Halloween commercials / previews at lunch time today, before settling in to the glow of the electric Jack O Lantern tonight with those classics on!

Happy Jack O Lantern Day #1!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image