Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
In recording the 10th Anniversary show of the Merry Podcast I added the call-ins from 2012 to the episode as a memory for one reason. In listening to it again I got to hear the voice of sweet @caninemom3 - our LouAnn Jeffries -- once again. Her passing affected us all and we have tried hard since 2013 to keep her memory alive. (Can it really be that long now?)

This year we have lost a few others. It seems to me we need a place and a way to remember those who spent so many seasons with us and who shared their Christmas so generously here on the Merry Forums.

Earlier this year, as some of you know, we lost @Holiday, who many knew more than two decades ago now from Christmas.com.

I also learned recently that we have lost another one of our dear members, @Seawaters , in the past few days.

At the very essence of Christmas is the celebration of life over death. That was one of the key missions of the Savior. Such was foretold long before His mortal ministry, it was taught by Him while here, and it was witnessed by several after He had risen. Christmas celebrates his presence, Easter celebrates His overcoming death, a promise extended to us all.

It seems to me that we cannot let those who were numbered with us to simply pass on without note. Somewhere, I believe, when my times comes, I'll be met by @caninemom3 and @Holiday and @Seawaters in a new Merry Forums, a place where at last, ironically, we can meet face to face and share our Christmases anew.

We cannot forget them and we will not. Let this humble little part of the Merry Forums Hall of Fame to be dedicated to those we love and miss. Feel free to share thoughts, condolences, memories and smiles.

I knew each of these great ladies only online. But they touch my life for good through our shared love of Christmas. And I'm grateful for them.

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Snowberry was a kind and genteel soul like no other. Frances was one of the first folks I met online when joining Christmas.com in 2004. She was also an author of Christian books and was gracious to inscribe one of the books I gave my wife for Christmas one year.

Snowberry (screen name changed from Holly) was member # 28 at Christmas.com registering on November 17, 2001. Nearly every post she made ended with thanking Jesus.

Frances Devine passed away a day after Christmas, December 26, 2015.

RJD (who thanks Jesus for snowberry and people like her!)

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Snowberry was a kind and genteel soul like no other. Frances was one of the first folks I met online when joining Christmas.com in 2004. She was also an author of Christian books and was gracious to inscribe one of the books I gave my wife for Christmas one year.

Snowberry (screen name changed from Holly) was member # 28 at Christmas.com registering on November 17, 2001. Nearly every post she made ended with thanking Jesus.

Frances Devine passed away a day after Christmas, December 26, 2015.

RJD (who thanks Jesus for snowberry and people like her!)
@snowberry was a beautiful spirit. She is so needed in this world today....

Storeytime

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jan 1, 2007
Texas
www.texaselectricalservices.com
I just saw this thread tonight. I had not heard that Seawaters had passed. I hadn't seen any posts from her in a while on Facebook and I was wondering. She was very supportive of me in my 14 year skirmish with cancer. I'll miss Cherylle.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
It is always so hard to say goodbye to someone we knew, who has left us and is now in a better place, with our Heavenly Father. I was blessed to of been able to communicate with some of them in my past 10 years here at MMC. Caninemom3 was one of the very first people who befriended me here and we talked about many things, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Harry Potter. Seawaters and Holiday were ones that would talk to me here, helping me out to get acclimated to things here.

When someone leaves us, to go and be with our Lord, we lose a distinct voice/ personality that will always be missed but never forgotten. Their posts, blogs, pictures, etc… will always remain here with us at MMC, they will always be a part of us.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image