Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobie

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jul 23, 2007
Ashford, Kent
Morning all,

Glad to see the countdown continues again this year! I am going to try to check on the countdown every day to try and keep a little holiday spirit going through the year! Didnt have the greatest of Christmas, spent the weeks running up to, during and after being ill and actually spent the entire Christmas Day in bed, so hopefully Christmas 2008 will be better! Will hopefully take more time off over next Christmas so can enjoy the season better... already worked out the on call rota for the office, and i'm not on call at all this year for Christmas! YAY!

My girlfriend and I hopefully move into our new house at the end of this month, and I've already been thinking about how I want to decorate it for next Christmas, as well as starting to save for presents/decorations! We took down our decorations at the weekend, but I still have the tree up outside with the lights on (but this will probably come down at the weekend), and we have some 'ornamental twigs' with tree lights on in the living room, which will probably stay up until we move house!

Anyhoo, sorry for the waffle, just trying to stave off some post christmas blues which seem to be hitting me hard this year, after having a not so great Christmas!

Looking forward to the first milestone!!

scoob.

sila

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 15, 2007
Glasgow
Morning all,

Glad to see the countdown continues again this year! I am going to try to check on the countdown every day to try and keep a little holiday spirit going through the year! Didnt have the greatest of Christmas, spent the weeks running up to, during and after being ill and actually spent the entire Christmas Day in bed, so hopefully Christmas 2008 will be better! Will hopefully take more time off over next Christmas so can enjoy the season better... already worked out the on call rota for the office, and i'm not on call at all this year for Christmas! YAY!

My girlfriend and I hopefully move into our new house at the end of this month, and I've already been thinking about how I want to decorate it for next Christmas, as well as starting to save for presents/decorations! We took down our decorations at the weekend, but I still have the tree up outside with the lights on (but this will probably come down at the weekend), and we have some 'ornamental twigs' with tree lights on in the living room, which will probably stay up until we move house!

Anyhoo, sorry for the waffle, just trying to stave off some post christmas blues which seem to be hitting me hard this year, after having a not so great Christmas!

Looking forward to the first milestone!!

scoob.
awwwwwwww you take care scoobie xxxxxxx and good luck with the move x

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I am so excited about this thread. I look forward to all the little milestones. It makes Christmas seem not so far away as it normally would. Thanks for the thread.
Ah! That's why I started it years ago, Sugarplum!

Days to the Season: 316
Days to Christmas Day: 358

And in case anyone is disparing at the distance, note that our first milestone, the 300-day window, is barely over 2 weeks away!
Of course, our 2008 Season count began back on Nov 14 and has been quietly running along ever since. We are close to TWO MONTHS along in the count!
There, does that help you feel better?

Well, winter has finally arrived in Raleigh with temps in the upper 20's and some wind. BRRRR!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday / Happy Hump Day, everyone!
Look how close the weekend is already!

sila

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 15, 2007
Glasgow
thanks kelly ann me too i have a fab collection xxxxxx

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy New Year!!! ;)

I really don't know why, but for some reason I have never really participated in the Christmas Countdown!! What have I been thinking??? What a great way to keep the Christmas spirit/anticipation alive all year long!

We are almost to the 300 day mark already!?! That makes it seem SO much closer!!! My decorations aren't even down from '07 yet, & I'm already looking forward to '08!!! :smile:

Cedarfarm

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 30, 2007
WOW!
Look at this thread take off now!!! Awesome!

Great to see you Holiday...hope you had a great one.

Happy New Year!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Happy New Year!!! ;)

I really don't know why, but for some reason I have never really participated in the Christmas Countdown!! What have I been thinking??? What a great way to keep the Christmas spirit/anticipation alive all year long!

We are almost to the 300 day mark already!?! That makes it seem SO much closer!!! My decorations aren't even down from '07 yet, & I'm already looking forward to '08!!! :smile:
Good!
That means the Season Countdown magic is working.
I can tell you feel the spirit, Holiday!

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Like Holiday (another former Christmas.com'er!), I haven't posted alot in the countdown. I'm usually boring folks in the music forum!

Rest assured though, I do visit here everyday and always enjoy the comments, banter, countdown, pictures, Operas,...!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I'll be looking forward to reading the "comments, banter, countdown, pictures, Operas,...!" :lol:

Hey Cedar...Yep...we had a terriffic Christmas! Not that I remember ever having a *bad* Christmas, but this was one of the best! It was so nice to have my brother & sil home for a whole week & to have the week off work was awesome too! We had a ton of family fun & we got to see & spend a lotta, lotta time with friends!

Now I'm going to let the "Season Countdown magic" do it's thing..... :-D

Cedarfarm

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 30, 2007
Good for you Holiday my friend! Will look forward to seeing more of you!

YABBA!!

...in Michigan, of course!

Undrtakr

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 16, 2004
London Ontario Canada
Im a little sad. My wife said we have to take down the Christmas stuff this weekend :( *Sigh* but at least we have this board! :D Merry Christmas everyone!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
hey- I'm here and really bad about not getting into any of the other threads... I have been getting into chat some though... cold here also Crown- the wind has been howling through the shispering pines.....

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
35 posts in two days.. hey- this is gonna be a real record setting thread! If one would like to see another record- say for the most amount of sleep a person has ever had while still holding down a job.. see the website crown84..

YABBA!

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I'll drink to that.
(But not coffee)

Crown 84

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
It's supposed to be really cold tonight and tomorrow night, Bing.
But no problem for you - you've got your coffee to keep you warm - who needs a heater?

sila

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 15, 2007
Glasgow
morning xxxxx
snow forecast for scotland today!

scoobie

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jul 23, 2007
Ashford, Kent
Morning all,

Brrr... what a chilly morning! Snow is forecast today (yay!) and I still have my outdoor tree up... never know it may see some snow :snowball: If it does, I'll be sure to post up some pics!

(I get a little excited about snow, as it so rarely snows here in the south east of the UK)

One day closer to Christmas 2008, and one day closer to the weekend! cheesy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image