Jun 16, 2009
NC
I'm heading out for to a small get together. Happy new year to all

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I just want to say a big thank you to everyone. No matter how crazy my life gets or out of order, I can always come here and find a shoulder to cry on or ear to bend. This is the most positive wonderful Forum I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. It's hard to believe it's once again the end of another year they seem to be whizzing by faster and faster the older I get. I pray the coming year will be mostly good for everyone and when it's not, know that you can come here and find encouragement to carry on.
((((HUGS)))

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Exciting Day - exciting night - the last of the 2018 posts are upon us and still to come, but not for long.

Speaking about growing too old for this midnight stuff - I had a plan to nap at 6:00; didn't happen - still awake.

I won't be on here steady, but will be back shortly after 11:00 to finish off this countdown and welcome the new one.

:ringy Stay Jolly and Happy New Year's Eve! +g

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it!

I received a shocking surprise from the Across the Creek Neighbours tonight.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
to THE MERRY
STRANGER
ACROSS THE CREEK!

There is a huge sign stuck in the ground facing my direction, on the other side; it's the size of an election sign with red and green print on white background.

Best of all; I didn't notice at first because of the trees blocking some of my view; the sign is surrounded by festive Christmas lights (blue, green, red and a few amber bulbs).

I have been dropping anonymous cards in their mailbox to thank them for the decorations for three years - four now. I hesitated a few times because I didn't want to weird them out (like I'm a lurker - watching their every move), but then I wound up doing it because I wanted to encourage them to continue.

The last two years, they have had more decorations than they had on display previously; maybe my card was just what they needed to do a bit more. It's not an elaborate display; just appeals to me because the leaves from the trees on this side are gone, they have more pines on their side and the simplicity of the decorations help with the bleakness and make me happy. This year, as you may recall, I gave them an icicle snowman ornament along with their Christmas card signed by "The Merry Stranger Across the Creek".

I have had quite a day and that appreciation sign could not have come at a better time.

It was not there this morning when I was getting ready for work. It was really appreciated and next year I guess I'll just knock on the door and give them their card with less mystery.

I can't believe they went to that much trouble and time to say thank you in their own way. Hope they have a use for that huge sign.

Maybe I'll put a thank you note in their mailbox and we'll just keep trying to "out jolly" each other. HaHaHoHoHeeHee!

:ornarment Keep a merry thought in your head! +d

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I just want to say a big thank you to everyone. No matter how crazy my life gets or out of order, I can always come here and find a shoulder to cry on or ear to bend. This is the most positive wonderful Forum I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. It's hard to believe it's once again the end of another year they seem to be whizzing by faster and faster the older I get. I pray the coming year will be mostly good for everyone and when it's not, know that you can come here and find encouragement to carry on.
((((HUGS)))
Beautifully said. I’d like to second everything you said.
We’re in the middle of a movie marathon here, and about to start the last feature before midnight, so Happy New Year, and see you on the next thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image