MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Weekend!

Finally getting some May-like weather here---beautiful blue sky that sets off the blossoms and the new leaves. Temps should get to near 70 today. Couldn't ask for much better.

We went out last night to get a new window AC before the hot weather sets in, and they were on sale. So we're all ready when the heat gets here. Hard to believe that next weekend is Memorial Day weekend; then it's only a few weeks until the Fourth of July. I'm in the mood to head out to Christmas Tree Shop to see all the stars-and-stripes stuff!

What a difference in weather and green growth between my neck of the woods and London. Lots of leaves and some flowers sprouting there while we are just starting to see leaves on the trees and tulips popping out. It was around 22 where we were and 16 when we got closer to home.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Non Holiday Weekend MMC! Next weekend is the big one and I'm looking forward to it. I just want you to all have a great Sunday first before we go into that big week before the biggest Non-Bers turning point of the year. Have a great Sunday!

I'm off today - today is Victoria Day in Canada - most places are closed except a few restaurants.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning, Post-Preakness People!
Yes, the second leg of the triple crown was run yesterday.

Now we are not yet down to the final leg of our countdown, but we are certainly drawing nearer and nearer by the day.

Consider:
Days to the Season: 178
Days to Christmas Day: 220

Then contemplate this:
The 200-Day Christmas Day Milestone marker stands just 20 days up ahead.
That's UNDER 3 weeks from now.
And tomorrow we will be down in the teens!

Warmer and warmer we go by the day.
Yesterday saw a high of 93 and we will get a repeat today before dropping into the upper 80's tomorrow.
Our current beginning temperature here in mid-state is 77 degrees.

Have a Super Sunday, Friends!
Enjoy the balance of your weekend.

When John got bumped out of the saddle, I was half hoping his horse was going to finish in the top three.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning and Happy Monday MMC!
It’s going to be cloudy and warmer today with a chance of a thunderstorm. I have a stress test appointment this morning. I don’t really have too much else planned afterward, I’ll just be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be stuffed pork chops, with roasted potatoes and asparagus. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It’s going to be cloudy and warmer today with a chance of a thunderstorm. I have a stress test appointment this morning. I don’t really have too much else planned afterward, I’ll just be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be stuffed pork chops, with roasted potatoes and asparagus. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Hope the test goes well; I had one 15 years ago. If it's the kind where you have to wear the heart monitor for awhile, it's not too bothersome.

Dinner sounds yummy.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Window Watchers!
And there's a big picture window of a Milestone just up ahead that bears watching because it has great significance to our Christmas Day count.
Critical information to follow the presentation of our daily count data.

Days to the Season: 177
Days to Christmas Day: 219

And the "window" spoken of above is, of course, the Two Hundred Day Christmas Day Window, now lurking just 19 days down the long count road.
(Closing in now on a double-100's level count!)

Warm and humid here yesterday. Almost hot, as the humidity was up.
Today will see a modicum of relief with the temps slightly cooler.
Our week-starting temperature here is 71 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!
Enjoy your week ahead.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
When John got bumped out of the saddle, I was half hoping his horse was going to finish in the top three.
Yes. I couldn't keep my eyes off that horse. Distracted me from following the rest of the race!
I heard he cycled the entire track a second time before he was stopped.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning all! Another warm day here. Near 90F for a high. But at least I'm in a nice cool office for most of the day. And I'm starting to get a chest cold. What's up with that? :confused:
Be blessed!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Window Watchers!
And there's a big picture window of a Milestone just up ahead that bears watching because it has great significance to our Christmas Day count.
Critical information to follow the presentation of our daily count data.

Days to the Season: 177
Days to Christmas Day: 219

And the "window" spoken of above is, of course, the Two Hundred Day Christmas Day Window, now lurking just 19 days down the long count road.
(Closing in now on a double-100's level count!)

Warm and humid here yesterday. Almost hot, as the humidity was up.
Today will see a modicum of relief with the temps slightly cooler.
Our week-starting temperature here is 71 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Folks!
Enjoy your week ahead.
Thanks Crown! Happy Week Before Memorial Day Week!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello all!
We just back from Detroit and the Motor City Comic Con. It was quite crowded yesterday, but fun. The best was we got to meet John Cleese and get his autograph. He was very nice and polite. I have always been a big fan. Fawlty Towers is one of my favorite shows of all-time.

We wanted to meet Tom Ellis, who is now famous for the show Lucifer, but we are fans of his from his role on the British show Miranda. However, we did not want to get his autograph, just a selfie and to say hi. My wife even made a shirt that had a quote from the show on it. Unfortunately he was not doing selfies and the Con would not allow meet and greets without paying for an autograph.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. This week is my last week of school. Monday and Tuesday are regular days and then Wednesday through Friday are exams. Friday is an early dismissal for students, but teachers have to stay until 9PM. :( Oh well, then the school year is over. I am quite ready for summer break. This has been a LONG year. It is time to recuperate and then make some changes for next year.

Everyone have a great evening and start to the new week!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Hope the last week of school goes well for you!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
xx

Praying the stress test goes well and for great results!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Another warm day here. Near 90F for a high. But at least I'm in a nice cool office for most of the day. And I'm starting to get a chest cold. What's up with that? :confused:
Be blessed!

Hope you feel better soon!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Greetings Merry Folk!

Good quick trip to London. Picked up an older cousin in Barrie on the way to London and took the back way so we'd have more of a scenic route instead of playing cat, mouse and chicken on the 401.

Lots of freshly turned and manured fields - ew - minimal road kill; the return trip was better until it started to rain.

Mostly sunshine on this weekend adventure and a really good visit with good conversation and food.

Were there any signs of Christmas? Yes, thanks for asking. My cousins club house has multi-coloured Christmas lights stung up along the inside. Of course I offered the countdown number. And a farm on route had a festive wreath and hemp-like twine and red garland strung along the wooden fence near the driveway.

We hardly heard the music because the volume was minimal so we could chat on the drive. We seemed to veg more on the last hour of our return trip.

My dad let me drive from Huntsville to North Bay so I could get comfortable with his car for our trip to the East Coast in the summer.

It's a Toyota, no problem. I suggested taking my car (secretly because I wanted access to Sirius) because I have an enclosed trunk and he has a hatchback. He wants his car because he finds it roomier for the cat that we are taking to Cape Breton. Not my boy. I will find a friend to take him for two weeks or spend the money ($38.00+ for each of 10 days) to let him go to the Cats on Cann Lake cattery where he doesn't have to socialize with the other cats if he can't handle it and he will get some 1:1 time with a trained cat carer.

That means taking him to Muskoka which is out of our way, but we can cut through Algonquin Park toward Ottawa.

Between the two of us driving we only need a sleepover in Montreal and one in New Brunswick before we reach our destination. On the way back, we might take in Old Quebec City cross over to Toronto to visit my brother before picking up the cat. My dads cat will stay in Cape Breton with his neighbours and return with them in late September.

I hope Sandy will take O'Malley so he doesn't have to endure the car ride to Muskoka, and I know it would be easier to have someone check in on him at home, but I don't trust anyone to do that.

He was sure happy to see me when I came through the door last night. He ate all the food in the second feeding station and hardly touched the food that was in his regular spot.

Not much going on today, going to make some homemade soup for lunches during the week and maybe go for a drive.

Stay jolly! -lights-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yes. I couldn't keep my eyes off that horse. Distracted me from following the rest of the race!
I heard he cycled the entire track a second time before he was stopped.

Yeah, he kept running around after the race was over.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning, everyone! Can't believe we're only one week away from Memorial Day! Not much going on today. DH is teaching this morning and plans to hopefully be home by lunchtime, so I'm not sure what we'll do after that, but we do have our niece today as well. After the kids get home, we may have to run DS to get an x-ray of his wrist. We were sitting last night with our best friends and all the sudden hear the cry and death scream you never want to hear from your child - he was just swinging on his swing, apparently went to high and flipped himself backwards. I thought by the way he was laying there and couldn't move he hurt his neck, but thankfully, he is just complaining about his right forearm and wrist area. I don't see a deformity, bruising or any swelling at all, so that leads me to believe it's not fractured, but he is having trouble using it and he is still in a lot of pain, which he could have a hairline fracture - happens a lot with kids and my daughter now has had two of them, which no noticeable injury at all, so if he is still in pain after school today, off to get an x-ray we go!

Hope you all have a great Monday! I'll check back in later!

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
Happy Saturday!
So last Christmas we visited New York between Xmas and new year. It was the kids first visit to US.
We’d like to take another trip same time of year. Any suggestions where to go?
Our problem is the kids see Hallmark movies and would love a Christmas like that
How about Disney World in Orlando, Florida. They Disney resorts, especially the Boardwalk, the Wilderness Lodge have a beautiful interior in both lobbies during Christmas is very beautiful. If you are looking for a New York Christmas, you can always visit New York city again but go to a different part of the city. New York is always beautiful during the Christmas season.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning, everyone! Can't believe we're only one week away from Memorial Day! Not much going on today. DH is teaching this morning and plans to hopefully be home by lunchtime, so I'm not sure what we'll do after that, but we do have our niece today as well. After the kids get home, we may have to run DS to get an x-ray of his wrist. We were sitting last night with our best friends and all the sudden hear the cry and death scream you never want to hear from your child - he was just swinging on his swing, apparently went to high and flipped himself backwards. I thought by the way he was laying there and couldn't move he hurt his neck, but thankfully, he is just complaining about his right forearm and wrist area. I don't see a deformity, bruising or any swelling at all, so that leads me to believe it's not fractured, but he is having trouble using it and he is still in a lot of pain, which he could have a hairline fracture - happens a lot with kids and my daughter now has had two of them, which no noticeable injury at all, so if he is still in pain after school today, off to get an x-ray we go!

Hope you all have a great Monday! I'll check back in later!
Hope he is ok! Good luck!
My oldest daughter fractured her growth plate when she was younger...she had no swelling or bruising either she just complained that it hurt.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Monday!! We had a busy weekend of softball with early games both days. Looks like we are going to have a warm day of 80. Finally some nice weather! I have a busy work week but looking forward to a 3 day weekend! Hope you all have a good day!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Me too. :D I was glad when the outrider failed to catch him at the top of the stretch. I figured he might as well finish the race, as he seemed determined to!

I remember hearing them say he actually did a second complete lap of the track before they caught him. That's determination!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Be blessed!

Take care of that cold. Mr. is still getting over a nasty one from last week.

feed-a-cold-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image