Status
Not open for further replies.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
MIL update: There is little news positive or negative with my mother-in-law. Her treatment has been more intense since being transferred to Cincinnati, and they are able to monitor her more closely.
She was moved out of ICU at one point, but then moved right back due to trouble breathing and she developed another bacterial infection. She is not being sedated, but she is rarely awake. The doctors are still hoping that they can get her stabilized enough to do a liver transplant, which seems like it will be necessary for her to really recover.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
So, I work as a chaplain in a retirement community. I normally wear long skirts and dresses and pants as that fits my job and what residents expect. However, I had a graveside service I officiated out in this heat and opted for a 3/4 length sleeve and a knee length dress. One resident said to another and to me “you know it’s hot when the chaplain’s legs are out!” A second later, she leaned into me and whispered “If you got em, flaunt em!” :eek::rolleyes:o_O:cool:

My residents are so fun. Stay cool out there everyone!!!!!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning and Happy Saturday MMC!
It’s going to be a hot and humid weekend, in fact a excessive heat warning has been issued here on the island. I’m heading out soon to get my food shopping over with. It should be a relaxing day otherwise. We’ll be grilling lunch & dinner and hanging out by the pool. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend!
xx

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!

Went outside this morning and it is quite hot and muggy already. This does not bode well for the rest of the day. Luckily, I do not have to venture outside much today!

Can someone explain how it is July 20th already?!? Where has this month gone. I am sure that the 4th of July was just the other day. The first day of school is a month from today!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day! Stay out of the heat and be safe.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday! We have an excessive heat warning too...they are saying record heat today and tomorrow. I just received an email for all new fall candles! Signs the Bers are on their way even if it is 100 degrees outside. Have a great day and stay cool!

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Well I was just looking through a sale page for a local store and trying to find some cheaper bits for my little girl (shes 9) and she has just said she doesnt really want toys this year - just craft stuff! o_Oo_O
If anyone finds my baby, can they please send her back to me? Im not ready for her to grow up yet!

So looks like I will be on the look out for lots of craft sets and accessories that I can add into a big box for her to rummage through and then she can have lots of things to do , make and craft for the coming year instead of cluttering the house with junk. I will get a few board games though as well to keep us all entertained.

Nothing much going on here, its raining again so we are house bound for the minute so have just had a bit of a lazy day although I may bake a cake in a minute to have with custard for pudding later.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.

Can it be the weekend again already? Seems like we were just here last week at this point. Curious.
Time sure passes fast when you're having fun counting, doesn't it?

Speaking of counting, here's the latest in that regard:
Days to the Season: 116
Days to Christmas Day: 158

And the One-Hundred Day Season Window?
Well, that's now just 16 days into the future. TWO WEEKS from the day after tomorrow. Then, it's DOUBLE-DIGIT time!
(Are we having fun yet?)

The relentless weather pattern continues.
Warm mornings, hot afternoons, and early evening rains. Little variation.
The weather service does promise a respite by Tuesday however, and I'm holding them to it!
Our reading here to start the weekend is 81 degrees, the warmest morning yet!

Have a Simply Sensational Saturday, Singularly Spirited Season Seeking Super Stars.
And may the Christmas Force be with you this weekend and always!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.

Can it be the weekend again already? Seems like we were just here last week at this point. Curious.
Time sure passes fast when you're having fun counting, doesn't it?

Speaking of counting, here's the latest in that regard:
Days to the Season: 116
Days to Christmas Day: 158

And the One-Hundred Day Season Window?
Well, that's now just 16 days into the future. TWO WEEKS from the day after tomorrow. Then, it's DOUBLE-DIGIT time!
(Are we having fun yet?)

The relentless weather pattern continues.
Warm mornings, hot afternoons, and early evening rains. Little variation.
The weather service does promise a respite by Tuesday however, and I'm holding them to it!
Our reading here to start the weekend is 81 degrees, the warmest morning yet!

Have a Simply Sensational Saturday, Singularly Spirited Season Seeking Super Stars.
And may the Christmas Force be with you this weekend and always!
Thanks Crown! Happy Triple H Weekend!

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
I'm having mixed emotions right now. Christmas In July on Kringle radio will be coming up soon and I'm going to be going down to Kansas City, MO on a mission trip for my church. I'm not sure if I'll have internet there and I don't have unlimited data for my phone. I'm going to miss it, but I'm excited as this is my first mission trip.

Have a safe, cool and happy CIJ week, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image