Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning and Happy Saturday!
It’s another chilly morning, we’re currently at 21 degrees. I’m going to skip my morning walk with Rocky, he was in the yard earlier and couldn’t get back inside fast enough. He’s curled up next to me on the couch right now while I’m having my coffee. I’m going to head out in a little while to do some food shopping. My youngest is coming over this afternoon and we’re going shopping for graduation party favors. There’s an Islander/Ranger game on early this afternoon but I think I’m going to record it and watch it later this evening. Other than that I will be working on the laundry. Dinner will be escarole & bean soup with tortellini and garlic bread. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
xx

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning .. sitting here enjoying my coffee before I get busy with the laundry and cleaning. Hoping to get them done early so I can make a batch of cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning. We are supposet to get a couple inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Picked up a christmas gift for my daughter last night and have that tucked away along with the new hallmark ornaments for the kids that I picked up earlier this week. Have a great Saturday

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Movers and Shakers!

And what is it that moves and shakes us?
I think your know.
This, I do believe, is it:
Days to the Season: 305
Days to Christmas Day: 347

And if you still haven't moved and shaked quite enough yet, consider this:
We are now just FIVE days away from the 300-day Season Window and the beginning of a double-220's level Season count!
Now, that's enough to shake anyone awake this fine Saturday and get them moving. Even me! (Right, Binger?)

Cold is the order of the day (and night) as we proceed on into winter.
So far, so good though, as regards frozen precipitation. The weather service still is predicting most if not all of the pending snow/ice will stay to our north and west, leaving us with just cold rain. (Not good, but alot better than sleet or freezing rain!)
Our current, opening temperature here in Raleigh is 35 degrees and it's rather cloudy.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Enjoy the weekend and two days of NFL games!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning from the snowy Midwest!!!! We have about 3 inches already and the heavy bands are just starting to arrive. So my plan is try and stay on top of the shoveling and to watch the Colts game this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Murphman

Santa Beagle
MMC Lifer
Jun 16, 2009
NC
I think the Colts will surprise people today.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!! :snowhappy:snowball:jump

I'm loving this snow this morning. I have a marinated pork roast & veggies in the crock pot - loving this day...just hope everyone stays safe!! xx Hubby is out playing in it. He's already cleared off the driveway & patio once...it's covered again. I'm watching the neighbors out playing with their dogs in the snow. So darn cute!! I think I'm a little giddy today!! ;) :D :p

I hope you all are having a fantastic Saturday!!!

:gifty

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Glad to hear you're on the right track and I do think of you often about Gracie. I know how much you miss her.
Awe thanks! She was a peach!! :) Just saw a picture of her & my friend on a "your memory from today, 2017" ♥

Last edited:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy to hear your sciatica has subsided a bit; I had experienced similar pain, but after a few tests discovered it was my Pirifomis muscle causing all the related pain and discomfort. I wound up going the acupuncture route - well actually the acute technique where they stick the needle in, pull it out and repeat several times. It sounds painful, but it was more of an irritating feeling like mosquito bites.
Never really helped much; finally I had to stop the spin cycle bike classes I enjoyed so much at the gym and it tapered off.
As for the learning curve at the new job; you'll get the hang of things in no time and wonder why you thought it was crazy in the beginning.
Thanks Auntie!! I have had sciatica once before 20+ years ago! It came from the stair master. I don't like needles, so if I can avoid that route, I will....and my nephew would LOVE to stick needles in me! Ha ha ha!!!

I hope you are right about the new job. The lady who has been there 23+ years is still confused about things, so I'm not certain...LOL!! Day by day....

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Very cold around here today - my eyelids almost stuck together. Our city crews have been out the last two days removing snowbanks taller than I am; causing quite the detours in traffic without much warning - wish they would do more of it at night, but they start at 3:00 a.m. and they've got to do it at some point. My cars are still "boxed in" with snow all around them; if good ol' George doesn't want to lend me his snow blower, my dad has a guy that does his triplex parking lot that I can get to come over. Supposed to be mild on Monday, but I can't wait until Monday - I've got things to do, places to go, etc.
I live in the North; we're used to this kind of weather, but I think there's been nearly a winters worth of snow already.
Hope it's all gone by St. Patrick's Day.

WOW!!!! :eek:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You're welcome, Holiday!
I hope you get to watch it snow all day, too!
Thank you!!!
xx
It's so beautiful right now. I love seeing the white ground & currently I'm looking at the big fluffy snowflakes falling in front of the neighbors pine tree. Such a beautiful background!! :)
Hope you are having a GREAT day!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I hope they are right this time and we get this snow!! We are supposed to get 3-5" in my part of Ohio too...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

My fingers are crossed that you are enjoying the same beautiful snow we are having here!!! It can do this all day!!! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you! Carolina and Mike feel better. I am still suffering so I am trying to rest before work
Hope you feel better - really soon!! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning and Happy Saturday!
It’s another chilly morning, we’re currently at 21 degrees. I’m going to skip my morning walk with Rocky, he was in the yard earlier and couldn’t get back inside fast enough. He’s curled up next to me on the couch right now while I’m having my coffee. I’m going to head out in a little while to do some food shopping. My youngest is coming over this afternoon and we’re going shopping for graduation party favors. There’s an Islander/Ranger game on early this afternoon but I think I’m going to record it and watch it later this evening. Other than that I will be working on the laundry. Dinner will be escarole & bean soup with tortellini and garlic bread. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
xx
Awe! Sweet Rocky!! Have fun today!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning .. sitting here enjoying my coffee before I get busy with the laundry and cleaning. Hoping to get them done early so I can make a batch of cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning. We are supposet to get a couple inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Picked up a christmas gift for my daughter last night and have that tucked away along with the new hallmark ornaments for the kids that I picked up earlier this week. Have a great Saturday

Oooh, yum! What a great day to make cinnamon rolls!! Do you put them in the fridge overnight, or let the dough rise? Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning from the snowy Midwest!!!! We have about 3 inches already and the heavy bands are just starting to arrive. So my plan is try and stay on top of the shoveling and to watch the Colts game this afternoon. I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Keep sending it this way pal!!! :) Stay safe!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Movers and Shakers!

And what is it that moves and shakes us?
I think your know.
This, I do believe, is it:
Days to the Season: 305
Days to Christmas Day: 347

And if you still haven't moved and shaked quite enough yet, consider this:
We are now just FIVE days away from the 300-day Season Window and the beginning of a double-220's level Season count!
Now, that's enough to shake anyone awake this fine Saturday and get them moving. Even me! (Right, Binger?)

Cold is the order of the day (and night) as we proceed on into winter.
So far, so good though, as regards frozen precipitation. The weather service still is predicting most if not all of the pending snow/ice will stay to our north and west, leaving us with just cold rain. (Not good, but alot better than sleet or freezing rain!)
Our current, opening temperature here in Raleigh is 35 degrees and it's rather cloudy.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Enjoy the weekend and two days of NFL games!
Thanks Crown! Have a good cold weekend!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Happy Saturday everyone!

Well the snow is falling here in Troy, Ohio. It is a beautiful snow too. He have about 3 inches so far and the snow is suppose to continue all day and into the night. We are forecast to pick up a total of 4-6 inches. I do not think that will be a problem. Too bad this isn't a school day. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image