MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Just a quick hello before I head back to the kitchen. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian members! Still a bit warm here for October, but it's definitely cooler in the mornings now.

I'm giving thanks for all the great members on this forum and for keeping the Christmas spirit alive for 365!

On the horizon for me, there's a Chrismtas market on November 15, so I'll be checking that out, for sure.

The FIL is doing well with the new hip. He still needs to use a cane, but there's little to no pain any longer. Cognitively, though, he regressed after the surgery. There are days where he won't remember what he had for lunch that afternoon or what he did in his day program, but he's healthy (relatively) and, hopefully, happy.

Take care all and have a great week.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I hope you feel better quickly. I remember going fall/winter clothes shopping with my mom and brother as a child. I didn't know people still did that. I guess we still did that with our kids up to a point (probably high school). Then we just bought them what they needed when they needed it. Good luck on your test!!!

Thanks, Rich!

Yeah - we take the kids and do a shopping trip for summer clothes and then for the fall/winter. My kids are at the age that they’re outgrowing stuff still almost every year. We’re about 30 minutes from Penn State University and they have some great stores up in the area and that’s where we will be going. It will be a nice evening!

happyelf

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Jun 30, 2010
Lancashire, UK
Hi all!
We’ve had nothing but rain for about 6 days solid, it makes even going it for a walk difficult.
My eldest Meg is sick, she’s at uni so I can’t rest easy till I know she’s okay. Sounds like a stomach bug, so she’s having a peppermint tea, painkillers, and an early night.
We’ve got some building work scheduled for 28th October so have had to resist decorating for Halloween/autumn. Won’t be long after that when the tree will go up. Exciting!
Job applications started today - fingers crossed I get a few bites.
Night all!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hi all!
We’ve had nothing but rain for about 6 days solid, it makes even going it for a walk difficult.
My eldest Meg is sick, she’s at uni so I can’t rest easy till I know she’s okay. Sounds like a stomach bug, so she’s having a peppermint tea, painkillers, and an early night.
We’ve got some building work scheduled for 28th October so have had to resist decorating for Halloween/autumn. Won’t be long after that when the tree will go up. Exciting!
Job applications started today - fingers crossed I get a few bites.
Night all!

Prayers that Meg feels better soon! Good luck with the job hunt.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
I'd appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers you could send out for my brother ~ he is really having a hard time with the chemo and isn't eating but a few bites a day. Thank you!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'd appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers you could send out for my brother ~ he is really having a hard time with the chemo and isn't eating but a few bites a day. Thank you!
Praying for your brother my friend.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Prayers will be going up. I know how that is.
My chemo messed with my sense of taste, and nothing tasted very good. It made it hard to eat. My oncologist recommended Carnation Instant Breakfast so I could get enough nutrition when I had no appetite.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

Lots of prayers are flowing for both of you.

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
Hey everyone, it has been awhile since I've been on here, but I hope everyone is doing well. In the past couple of years I have been battling cancer. I'm blessed to say that I am now in remission since May of this year. It was a long, tumultuous battle but I'm certainly glad to be on the other side of it. Just wanting to say hello to everyone.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Hey everyone, it has been awhile since I've been on here, but I hope everyone is doing well. In the past couple of years I have been battling cancer. I'm blessed to say that I am now in remission since May of this year. It was a long, tumultuous battle but I'm certainly glad to be on the other side of it. Just wanting to say hello to everyone.

So happy to hear that you are well, that’s wonderful news. Welcome back!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
My husband had to be at a job site early today and his alarm woke me up. I’m just having a cup of coffee and relaxing. I guess I’ll get my day started soon, I have to do some chores around the house. I also have to do some food shopping and I plan on visiting my parents later this afternoon. I would like to stop at the pet store as well, I’m looking for some kind of a double dog leash for Rocky and Chloe so I don’t have to carry two separate ones. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!!!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Mid October MMC! I was at work Monday Morning hoping the day would go slow. That's where we are at in the year that I'm wishing for even a Monday morning to go slow lol. And it actually did help a little but Mondays always move along for me because they are always busy. 2nd nice day in a row predicted here this week. Have a great Mid October Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image