Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Thanks, Edge. We finally got our power back!
Interesting. The storms all passed by, but our power was not lost until about 8 hours later. Go figure.
(I guess a weakened limb finally gave way and fell across a power line.)

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning (again)! Crown is having some power problems so I'll fill in for him today for the Countdown. Let's look at the numbers.

Days to the Season: 207
Days to Christmas Day: 249

WOW! We now are less than a week until we hit the 1/3 marker to Christmas! And the day after that? The 200 day marker with a "1"s count for the season next Sunday. Just insane...way too soon it feels like but I know we all love the milestones. Hope Crown's power comes back and have a Sensational Saturday!

Thanks for filling in, Edge.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good evening, MMC! Hope you're all enjoying the day so far. All around the world, many are partaking in Holy Saturday services this evening - it is one of my favorite masses of the year. It is so touching and meaningful. That being said, it is very long and in a few years, I will want to start going to that service again, so the kids can really truly understand more what Holy Saturday is about. They learn in Sunday school, but to get a clearer picture of the passion. We went as a family when I was younger and would love to start going again. We'll go tomorrow, instead of tonight.

So - this evening, we're having a campfire. The weather has cleared up and is beautiful currently. We're going to cook dinner on the fire as well. I baked most of the afternoon - I made a apple crumb and cherry crumb pie. Tomorrow, we'll go to church and come home and do baskets with the kids. We're having lunch here, which DH and I'll do the cooking. We'll do a egg hunt for my kids and niece in the afternoon. Looks like it is supposed to rain in the am, but supposed to just be cloudy in the afternoon. It's only be in the 50's, but hopefully we can hide the eggs outside at least.

Hope you're all having a nice day!

NovaMan

The Maritimes Christmas Ambassador
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
To everyone here on MMC:

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning (again)! Crown is having some power problems so I'll fill in for him today for the Countdown. Let's look at the numbers.

Days to the Season: 207
Days to Christmas Day: 249

WOW! We now are less than a week until we hit the 1/3 marker to Christmas! And the day after that? The 200 day marker with a "1"s count for the season next Sunday. Just insane...way too soon it feels like but I know we all love the milestones. Hope Crown's power comes back and have a Sensational Saturday!
Thanks for subbing!!!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Easter Sunday morning! I hope everyone will enjoy a wonderful day with family and friends.

Here the sun is already out and temperatures could reach 20°C/68°F this afternoon. I may hang clothes out to dry for the first time this year, one of my greatest joys of Spring/Summer. And a long walk with Loki is planned as well, to enjoy this great weather.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Oh that is so exciting and the girls are at the perfect age to do that too! Are you going to do the princess dress-up as well? DD is getting out of the stage of that, but it looks like so much fun! We're going with our best friends and she knows in the ins and outs. I'll let you know!

We are! We land on Tuesday and we are hoping to schedule it that day.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017

So - this evening, we're having a campfire. The weather has cleared up and is beautiful currently. We're going to cook dinner on the fire as well. I baked most of the afternoon - I made a apple crumb and cherry crumb pie.

Hope you're all having a nice day!

Now, this sounds like one heck of a night. Hope yall enjoyed!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Happy Easter, my friends! Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been here in 8 days and I have been superbusy during that time. Friday was spent running errands, getting groceries, and buying Easter outfits. Yesterday, we spent the day at our church's 10,000 egg hunt and went to my in-laws. Needless to say, two little girls passed out when we got home. I got to watch one of my favorite movies last night, The Ten Commandments. There are two movies outside of Christmas movies that are must watch during the year....The Ten Commandments and The Wizard of Oz. Love those shows.....

Today, we have the Easter play at church...which is the debut of my little one. Gonna see if she has any chops for the business....she is an angel and has to roll back the stone from the tomb...which is a big job for a three year old. Here's to hoping she doesn't hit someone with the play props. She is a hot mess.

After church, we are going out to eat. I'm sure that my two little girls will be tired this afternoon, too. I'm already looking forward to an afternoon of rest!

Yall have a Happy Easter, friends!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Easter MMC! We have sunshine this morning which is nice after a gloomy Saturday. Looks like Easter will be mainly dry for us and a nice day. Just the risk of a shower or 2 but nothing significant. Having lasagna later. First time since Christmas. Happy Easter One and All!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

Good Morning, Enthusiastic Season Seekers.

And seek we do, throughout the entire length and breadth of the rolling year, pressing forward relentlessly to our ultimate goal. A goal well-know to all who reside here year round!

As such, we once again present the Count figures, with hope and pride:
Days to the Season: 206
Days to Christmas Day: 248

And our Milestone situation is getting more interesting and exciting by the day, because we are now UNDER a week away from the 200-Day Season marker and only FIVE days off from the One-Third point to Christmas Day.
(Really starting to close in now on those back-to-back binary Milestones!)

Much as an alert offensive football player recovers a fumble from his blindsided quarterback, so did Edge step up in an emergency when yours truly was blindesided by an unexpected power failure yesterday morning, and made a clean recovery for the count.
Thank you, Edge!

Well, calm prevailed yesterday following an afternoon Friday of low-grade terror as we were subjected to one tornado or severe thunderstorm warning after another for hours on end. At one point, the weathercasters were saying we could get straight line winds well over 100 mph! It was a nail-biter of an afternoon to say the least. We did loose one huge pine limb that fell across our walkway but other that that, we came through OK. Saw little to no damage throughout our neighborhood.
Today's weather should provide us with a really nice Easter, and it has commenced here brilliantly sunny, with a temperature reading of 51 degrees.

Have a Super Sunday, Friends.
(Don't eat too many chocolate eggs!)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Good Morning, Enthusiastic Season Seekers.

And seek we do, throughout the entire length and breadth of the rolling year, pressing forward relentlessly to our ultimate goal. A goal well-know to all who reside here year round!

As such, we once again present the Count figures, with hope and pride:
Days to the Season: 206
Days to Christmas Day: 248

And our Milestone situation is getting more interesting and exciting by the day, because we are now UNDER a week away from the 200-Day Season marker and only FIVE days off from the One-Third point to Christmas Day.
(Really starting to close in now on those back-to-back binary Milestones!)

Much as an alert offensive football player recovers a fumble from his blindsided quarterback, so did Edge step up in an emergency when yours truly was blindesided by an unexpected power failure yesterday morning, and made a clean recovery for the count.
Thank you, Edge!

Well, calm prevailed yesterday following an afternoon Friday of low-grade terror as we were subjected to one tornado or severe thunderstorm warning after another for hours on end. At one point, the weathercasters were saying we could get straight line winds well over 100 mph! It was a nail-biter of an afternoon to say the least. We did loose one huge pine limb that fell across our walkway but other that that, we came through OK. Saw little to no damage throughout our neighborhood.
Today's weather should provide us with a really nice Easter, and it has commenced here brilliantly sunny, with a temperature reading of 51 degrees.

Have a Super Sunday, Friends.
(Don't eat too many chocolate eggs!)
Thanks Crown! Happy Easter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player