Have a great day all.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Happy Easter!
We had an awesome Easter service this morning. Church was so full. When we got home, we broke out the leftover Christmas ham for lunch. So yummy! I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful Easter with family and friends.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If I go silent over the weekend; I will return when I can, but if I'm home, I will pop in.

I went silent. On Friday at 7:40 a.m. I began my love-fest; with support from our grandsons on Good Friday and then our boys and their partners throughout Saturday; we supported my husband with our love and honoured his palliative wishes that were more than his last wish (as he wanted to see my face before he took his last breath); he also saw his two sons.

With tender, compassionate care, my Gary passed away at 9:47 last night.

I am humbled by the pouring of love and support and prayers and amazing positive energy flowing my way as news circulates.

About two hours before he died, I noticed the coke can was the one with Santa on it and I felt my merry kin circled around me just in time; 'cause I was exhausted and didn't think I could stay awake any longer.

Thanks for the sign; it helped me through the hours that followed.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I went silent. On Friday at 7:40 a.m. I began my love-fest; with support from our grandsons on Good Friday and then our boys and their partners throughout Saturday; we supported my husband with our love and honoured his palliative wishes that were more than his last wish (as he wanted to see my face before he took his last breath); he also saw his two sons.

I am humbled by the pouring of love and support and prayers and amazing positive energy flowing my way as news circulates.

About two hours before he died, I noticed the coke can was the one with Santa on it and I felt my merry kin circled around me just in time; 'cause I was exhausted and didn't think I could stay awake any longer.....

Real sorry to hear, Auntie. You were strong and fought the good fight with your husband. Perhaps peace can now begin to come.
My thoughts are with you.
- Crown

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland

About two hours before he died, I noticed the coke can was the one with Santa on it and I felt my merry kin circled around me just in time; 'cause I was exhausted and didn't think I could stay awake any longer.

What an ordeal the two of you went through. But now Gary is at peace. In time, my wish for you is an inner peace knowing that the struggles are done with and you were a loving and supportive wife in sickness and health. May God receive Gary into His kingdom and bless you with peace and comfort in the days ahead.
Blessings - HIB

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
We are! We land on Tuesday and we are hoping to schedule it that day.

Wonderful! The girls are at the perfect age for that. I know they'll love it!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Now, this sounds like one heck of a night. Hope yall enjoyed!

We did, thank you! Being daylight now, even though I'm 12 hours, I'm getting home 730-8 pm still, we'll be able to do more evenings like this, when I wasn't able to before, since I was always at work. I'm really looking forward to this summer!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Easter, my friends! Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been here in 8 days and I have been superbusy during that time. Friday was spent running errands, getting groceries, and buying Easter outfits. Yesterday, we spent the day at our church's 10,000 egg hunt and went to my in-laws. Needless to say, two little girls passed out when we got home. I got to watch one of my favorite movies last night, The Ten Commandments. There are two movies outside of Christmas movies that are must watch during the year....The Ten Commandments and The Wizard of Oz. Love those shows.....

Today, we have the Easter play at church...which is the debut of my little one. Gonna see if she has any chops for the business....she is an angel and has to roll back the stone from the tomb...which is a big job for a three year old. Here's to hoping she doesn't hit someone with the play props. She is a hot mess.

After church, we are going out to eat. I'm sure that my two little girls will be tired this afternoon, too. I'm already looking forward to an afternoon of rest!

Yall have a Happy Easter, friends!

Everything sounds so lovely! I'm sure DD did well! Can't wait to hear about how she did. Happy Easter to you guys!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

Oh Auntie, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, but I am so glad Gary and you were surrounded by love and family and that Gary is no longer suffering or in pain. Please know that we are all thinking of you and praying for you and your family. God Bless you, friend. We're here for you. (((hugs)))

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Good Friday morning, Christmas friends!

Since her recent surgery for breast cancer, my mom hasn't been able to start her radiation treatment because she contracted shingles. She's been suffering with it for a couple weeks now, but last night it was so bad, she asked me to take her to the emergency room. Three hours later, and 2 shots of pain medicine, she was finally pain-free enough for me to take her home.

This morning, I filled her prescriptions and took them to her. She said today was MUCH better, which is a relief for all of us. Thanks for continued prayers for her!

It's really storming here today! I'll be glad when this passes.

I hope y'all have a great Easter weekend! :D

I feel for her; one my former spin cycle class buddies had shingles and kept missing classes; he managed to do a bit of walking on the tread mill, but his sores looked painful. I hope she heals quickly so she can start her radiation.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, the severe weather predictions for our area in central NC are sounding pretty serious for this afternoon.

We are experience lots of flooding around these parts due to the huge amount of snow we had over the winter finally leaking out of the forest into the roads and HWY; the boys had to be re-routed a few times on their trip back to Ottawa and it's bad south of us as well. The creek is flowing not too high yet to be a concern.

Thankfully, the rain we have received has been light.

A squirrel crossing lines caused power outages in a few places, but I wasn't affected by it.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Nothing but rain today. PTL! There was a confirmed tornado, F-1, a few counties south of us.

We saw one starting up over the farmlands from an open view across the water when we were camping; what a creepy feeling. It subsided before it reached us.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Easter Monday MMC! Hope everyone here had a good Easter. It was pretty good here and mostly quiet which was nice. Lasagna was delicious. Just gearing up for another long 5 day work week. And just trying to enjoy each day. We have showers today but most of this week should be pretty nice Mid-Spring Weather. Have a great Monday!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

Auntie I am sending you and your family strength and hugs after Gary’s passing. I am glad that he was surrounded by his loved ones, he is at peace now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image