Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
TGIF!! So happy it's Friday! We don't have too many plans for the weekend..my daughter has a soccer game tomorrow afternoon and then maybe we will grill out or go out to eat. I saw my first house decorated for Halloween...it looked great! I will try to snap a pic this weekend.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend...I am looking forward to some summer temps!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good, COOL Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

As Rich said, it's a BEAUTIFUL morning in south Georgia today! It's going to warm back up next week, but that's to be expected.

We are planning to take Jacob out for his birthday tonight, but he said that he wasn't feeling good yesterday. I hope he's better this morning.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
My oldest has been battling a cold all week...I just heard on the Today show there are a few viruses going around. Hope Jacob feels better!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday!!! Hope you all have a nice weekend ahead!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
She is a nutjob! Thankfully I was able to lay down for a little bit earlier today. I’m having another cup of coffee right now!
I hope your having a good day!!!
xx
Hope you had a good nights sleep & your Friday is a good one!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Exemplary Eve Expecters!

And Weekend Eve is indeed a time of expectation. The expectation of a great weekend ahead!

But I know what you expect for this morning: the latest count numbers and an update on our Milestone situation.
Far be it from me to disappoint!

Days to the Season: 54
Days to Christmas Day: 96

And certain not to disappoint is the proximity of the THREE-QUARTERS point to Christmas Day, which marker is now a scant FIVE days away.
Another expectation: The Christmas Blossoms 2019 thread launch. Well that's coming soon. It's always in the latter part of September and there isn't much of September left as you know.
Still waiting for "A Christmas To Remember" to open at the mall. Perhaps they will this weekend!

Absolutely perfect weather here yesterday for this time of late summer. Lots of sun, temps in the low to mid 70's, low humidity, and no rain. Even the mosquito count was noticeably down.
Doesn't get much better than that!
Today will be similar, but tomorrow is supposed to show a return of the heat.
Our present temperature reading here is a rather chilly 55 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!

Happy Friday crown!!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Youtube can really be your friend on this one. They have lots of good classic commercials. Also, if you like old Vintage Christmas Music, check out archive.org. One of my favorite sets from there is the K-Mart holiday music tapes, that played over the stores during Christmas season!
I worked a Christmas season at K - Mart during high school. We knew both sides of those open reel tapes backwards and forwards.-sing-

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I know the feeling, O'Malley does that to me nearly every night, if I get up to go to the washroom, he thinks it's morning and head's down to greet me if he's not already sleeping in the hallway. I'm sure most of the night, he isn't actually sleeping, just resting his eyes waiting for something exciting to happen. He usually leaves me alone if it's between midnight and 3:00, but after that I'm lucky to get anymore sleep.

I don't remember my other cats being like that, but most of them were outdoor cats so they were only inside on cold winter nights.

Get your sleep when you can; I love naps.

Same here, Sophia wakes me up around 3:00am most nights, she meows and walks all over me! I was hoping she would outgrow it but she never did. I have three other cats that do not make a peep throughout the night.

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Interestingly, "A Christmas To Remember" is about to open at the mall but there is no sigh of "Halloween Zone" yet.

Isn't that how it should always be? :)

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Yay for Friday!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable day and get to catch up on some rest this weekend - the "final weekend" of summer!

At the moment, there are plenty of signs that summer is still alive and kicking in Ottawa. We are currently 29c/84f with humidex. And, apparently, we can expect similar temperatures throughout the weekend! Even though I do love fall weather, I must admit that I will enjoy this warmth while it lasts. In fact, it appears that we'll be above seasonal until the beginning of October.

Well, I need to head out and enjoy a Friday evening. Enjoy yours!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Same here, Sophia wakes me up around 3:00am most nights, she meows and walks all over me! I was hoping she would outgrow it but she never did. I have three other cats that do not make a peep throughout the night.

I think Sophia is supposed to wake the other cats for entertainment and play time during the night. Guess they managed to ignore her.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I worked a Christmas season at K - Mart during high school. We knew both sides of those open reel tapes backwards and forwards.-sing-

I was a K-Mart Hockey Team cheerleader; but that's a story for another time; has nothing to do with Christmas music. Haha.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
That's it the week is done; onto the weekend we go.

I picked up ingredients to make my famous homemade fudge for a bake sale table for a fundraiser next weekend for a paramedic who is battling cancer and because he is only part-time, doesn't receive the full benefits.

Tomorrow I am helping my friend and her niece throw a SMASH BASH for Bentley who will be ONE. Grandma wound up being admitted to the hospital on her birthday and was supposed help with food and such.

I'm picking up two types of salads from one of the three local businesses who catered the food for my husband's Celebration of Life.

It was fun to shop for Bentley's first birthday. I picked up a flannel hoodie with mustard yellow, black, grey and white checks on it. A toy that operates like the steering wheel for a car, a book to share with mommy and daddy and a blue cloth storage bin to tuck it all into.

Came home to a parcel pick up notice for O'Malley's medicine. Glad it came in so I can test it out over the weekend in case he has a reaction to it.

Enjoy the rest of your night. -surprise-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image