MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Morning, MMC!! Well winter has returned here. Those 50’s and 60’s sure were nice while they lasted. I had some plans for today but I think I’m going to cancel them. I was up coughing most of the night so I’m just going to try and take it easy today and hope that it’s not the same virus that has had mom miserable for the last week and a half. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Praying both you and your mom are better soon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Friends.

Very overcast here with rain a distinct possibility but with a nice warm temperature reading of 70 degrees.

Well, the year is winding down as is the lifetime of this thread.
I have the 2020 version all prepared now and ready for launch shortly after midnight Jan 1.

It's been a good year but posts were down again. Did we peak back in 2014?
Since then, we have been dropping, with a huge drop from 2016 to 2017.
Is there competition out there now we don't know about?
But no matter, the quality remains high, and that's the most important factor!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last waning days of Christmas Season 2019.
Thanks Crown! Happy New Years Eve Eve!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
To Crown, a few years ago there were some members posting 20-40 times per day. Most of them have cut that down or are no longer here. I've participated in multiple message boards on a wide variety of topics for 15 plus years and all of them are down from their peaks many years ago. I think sometimes life just gets in the way.
Makes sense.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, Friends.

Very overcast here with rain a distinct possibility but with a nice warm temperature reading of 70 degrees.

I have the 2020 version all prepared now and ready for launch shortly after midnight Jan 1.

I know of a few Facebook groups and Reddit has a big group,although I am not sure how they would swerve traffic away from here. I would think that maybe people might be members of multiple sites/groups.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
To Crown, a few years ago there were some members posting 20-40 times per day. Most of them have cut that down or are no longer here. I've participated in multiple message boards on a wide variety of topics for 15 plus years and all of them are down from their peaks many years ago. I think sometimes life just gets in the way.
20-40 posts a day would burn anybody out. Its true that life gets in the way and also that interest can start to wane.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, Friends.

We have lost a lot of members that use to post multiple times per day. Some still pop in every now and then but not near as much as they use to-

Off the top of my head-
Festive
Victoria
Ryan
Brent
MerryBells
Mgramsey
Momnan
Johnor
CHristmas a holic
Snow in texas
Snowflake22
Shellie12
Momtotwo
graywolf
GaBullDawg
DoyouhearwhatIhear
Jennifer91
Xmastidings
DoubleA
Solice
Brittd
HollyJolly
Bullypup
Mommyby3
undtakr
MichelleluvsChristmas
Kizzy
YuletideJunkie
Clarebear
Seawaters
lauriebear
Judesmama
Trackrebel
Louann
MsChristmas

Just Seawaters and Xmas365 probably had more than 10,000 posts each every year back then.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy New Years Eve MMC! The rainy Monday is gone. Today should clear up some and be decent for the ball drop. Not too cold and no rain/snow issues. I'm working half day and leaving hopefully by noon. Having a little "party" at home tonight with a little family and a friend or 2. Have a great New Years Eve!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I know of a few Facebook groups and Reddit has a big group,although I am not sure how they would swerve traffic away from here. I would think that maybe people might be members of multiple sites/groups.

I'm in the Christmas Group on Reddit. I like it here much better, and i'm not just saying that. Too much spam and junk posts. Also, for the most part they are only super active from November - January. After that, it is just the 24/7 Christmas folks like myself who still post countdown stuff, when we hit the 25th of each month, and each of the milestone days, etc..

I love our daily countdown thread here, one of the biggest reasons i joined the site.

And now here we are on New Year's Eve at last! I am glad this day is here. Truth be told, once Christmas was over, i wanted it to be January 1st again. Each year between around December 26 - now, i feel like i'm frozen in time. It is a weird feeling seeing the tree up and decorations outside, but knowing that Christmas is "over" instead of when i put the decorations up in November and look at them and realize Christmas is "coming".

But, after January 1st, any decoration I see, or any item in a shop / store, its like my brain/heart has "reset", and its "Christmas is coming" again! Can't wait to ring in the new year's with you guys! This evening is going to be fun!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy last day of 2019!
I’m heading out soon to make a big food shopping trip. I’m having the family over tomorrow, I’ll be making lasagna for dinner. We’re going out with my in laws later tonight so I’ll get a break from cooking :)
I hope everyone is well and has a happy and safe New Years Eve!!!
xx

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
I'm in the Christmas Group on Reddit. I like it here much better, and i'm not just saying that. Too much spam and junk posts. Also, for the most part they are only super active from November - January. After that, it is just the 24/7 Christmas folks like myself who still post countdown stuff, when we hit the 25th of each month, and each of the milestone days, etc..

I love our daily countdown thread here, one of the biggest reasons i joined the site.

And now here we are on New Year's Eve at last! I am glad this day is here. Truth be told, once Christmas was over, i wanted it to be January 1st again. Each year between around December 26 - now, i feel like i'm frozen in time. It is a weird feeling seeing the tree up and decorations outside, but knowing that Christmas is "over" instead of when i put the decorations up in November and look at them and realize Christmas is "coming".

But, after January 1st, any decoration I see, or any item in a shop / store, its like my brain/heart has "reset", and its "Christmas is coming" again! Can't wait to ring in the new year's with you guys! This evening is going to be fun!

Well said/explained!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! Can’t believe the year is over already. It’s still snowing here, I don’t think I’ll go out today on my day off. No need to anyway, as we have food for the next few days. Loki is going to enjoy the snow on his walk for sure.

David and I will be enjoying end-of-year reviews and comedy shows tonight, trying to stay awake until midnight, which we seldom do. We may take down our tree and decorations tomorrow. Or else it’ll wait until we both have a day off together later in January.

Wishing everyone a wonderful last day of 2019!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy New Year's Eve!!
I am working today until about 2 or so. We are going over to a friend's house tonight...they only live about 10 mins away. My husband is making baked stuffed shrimp, it is my favorite. We are having dinner and will play games. Then we will leave at 12:05...once the ball has dropped..lol
Hope everyone has a safe and great night!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Woke up to a winter wonderland outside. :)

Just taking it easy this morning, enjoying my coffee before I go out and clear the ramp off.

My mom was born on New Year's Day, so as a family we never did anything major to bring in the New Year. My sister and I would play rummy and listen to the top 100 countdown and everybody else watched television. A lot of times my mom had to work on the 1st as she was a nurse's aide at a convalescent home, the same one my brother was in for his second round of rehab. The lady that answered the phones in the rehab section worked with my mom all those years ago and knew who my brother was right away as his eyes were the same blue as my mom's were. Family is everywhere. :)
Anyhow, I don't have any plans for this evening, but if I am not too tired, I'll try and pop in here to ring in the New Year.

Be safe, everyone, and have a blessed day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Final 2019 Morning, Everyone.

Hard to believe isn't it? Not only is the year ending but so are the teens, as we move boldly forward into the 20's. Seems to me such a short time ago that we were passing the 2000 mark and just look how far we are into this century. Frightening!
Well regardless, at midnight tonight, we will be transitioning into a new Countdown thread. Get you final posts ready!

Enjoyed reading your theories on why our posting is down. They make sense, but one thing not addressed is the sudden, HUGE drop from 2016 to 2017. We declined by 69 percent in just the one year. Both before and since, movement was relatively slow. Any theories on that particular statistic?
No complaints of course. We have a real nice group here. No need for it to be large just for the sake of being large! It's just an issue of curiosity for me.

Have a Terrific Tuesday and a Rousing Remainder of the year, Folks!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all! Happy New Year's Eve

It is very windy today and a few snowflakes falling, but not much. They said we could get a coating, but it all seems to be going north of me.

Yesterday we spent time changing Henry's room around. Then putting together one of the Arcade systems he got for Christmas, we realized that one of the joysticks did not work completely. So, I rewired the player 2 joystick, which is oddly not used because you cannot play three players (yes there is a player 3 joystick), so that now the player 2 joystick is the player 1 joystick. I had to rewire the buttons too. Luckily it was easy to access and everything. The annoying thing was that when I opened up the panel, there was an excessive amount of glue on everything! So much that strings of glue were all over the place. Oh well, at least I got it working so Henry can play it. We will still call the company so they can replace the board.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Happy New Year's Eve and Merry Christmas. Half day in the office today. Will stop on the way home to pick up some deli for tomorrow. I also have to make my weekly $2 deposit into my retirement fund (lotto).

Windy and more warm today. 57 on the drive in heading for 68. It will be a quiet evening at the house tonight. Christmas is close to be back in the Christmas shed. We'll do more today and tomorrow. Should be done over the weekend.

Another possible reason for post declines is the economy strengthening. Having more people working means less time for playing.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Today will be spent mostly cleaning things up. Henry has a friend coming over to stay the night and currently the living room and kitchen are disasters.

New Year's Eve has been the night my wife and I tend to take down our Christmas decor inside. We also watch V for Vendetta. Not sure how that started, but we have been doing it for the last several years now.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Good morning, y'all! Hope everyone is in a jolly mood on the last big event of 2019.

Plans for this evening? Well, there is some food on the smoker. Should be done about 5. After that, we might go to a movie....or we might stay home and watch a movie. Who knows?

What I do know is that I will struggle trying to stay awake until 11:00 central. If I can make it here at 10 central, I should be fine. However, even 10 is a struggle. Maybe a nap today will help.

If for some reason (sleep) this is my last post on this thread for the year, I want you all to know how much fun I had. Like always, it has been a blast. I hope you have a Happy New Year!!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hope everyone is well. My husband and I just returned from an overnight trip back home to take my mom home. She will start to pack up there and probably move down here in about 3 weeks. I was able to visit my Godmother, a good friend, and my sister, brother-in-law, nieces and nephews, aunt and uncle, and cousins. It was a great weekend (minus the Buckeyes HEARTBREAKING loss of course.) My aunt that was with us Sunday is my father's sister and since it was the first Christmas without him, my sister gave each of us (me, mom, aunt) several things in memory of him but the biggest thing was she took several of his flannel shirts (my dad ALWAYS wore flannels) and made a pillow out of each one for us. It was so touching and brought all of us to tears, but it was also so comforting to sit at the table and have his sister tell stories of them growing up. It was a day I think we all needed and I really enjoyed myself. Lots of tears, but many more laughs and the telling and re-telling of family stories is my favorite holiday tradition. It poured rain the whole 3 hour drive home and it was quite foggy. Now tomorrow I tackle laundry, cleaning, and slowly trying to convince myself to start taking down the trees. I'm in no hurry. The ONLY good thing I can say about this week being over is that I feel I have eaten my share (and then some) of Christmas snack food, sweets, and over-indulgent holiday dishes. I am looking forward to cooking some good comforting food. I feel like I haven't made a proper meal in two weeks! I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Monday!

What a special time for you and your family. Glad you were able to spend it with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image