Christmas Quilts

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Does anyone like to quilt during the holidays to give as gifts and whatnot? My husbands mother always makes us a quilt and I just adore them! I want to learn the tricks of doing this. I have been buying all types of Mickey Mouse/Disney material for about 3 yrs now. I so want to make a Disney quilt and maybe give it to my daughter for a Christmas gift. I have sewn and know how but have never quilted. I have considered taking a local quilting class.

clarebear

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 10, 2006
England
Ive always wanted a Christmas quilt, i dont have the time to make one, i would like to buy one though ive looked everywhere and have never found any.

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
Really Clarebear...I know at our local Bazaars and Craft fairs the Amish/Hutterite always have just gorgeous quilts for sale. As well as their famous whole chickens, wonderful produce and home-made bread...

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I'm going to try make one myself! lol.

You should try Clareear..they are usually expensive to buy. Considering all the time and effort that goes into making one. Besides, making your own would mean so much more to you. I have yet to make my Disney Quilt. I need to get on it...I have so much material just sitting there.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
I have a very dear friend who is a quilter as she makes many she has a quilting club and they make quilts for veterans,bazaars and different fundraisers,she made me a christmas quilt and i love it.It's two sided so i can use the wintery side then flip it over to the christmas side.Picture 3861.jpg Picture 3862.jpg

Reactions: Petronius

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image