Daily Dose of 4th of July

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
B229E2F5-8FD8-41D0-8D82-BEEAE84E9776.jpeg

4th of July is my favorite summer holiday and I look forward to it, once the nice weather hits. Please share some of your favorite pictures, recipes, etc!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I have this print framed on my wall. It reminds me of the volunteer firemen's carnival held the week of July Fourth in my old hometown.

View attachment 59570

This is gorgeous! I LOVE it. Do you have any idea who it is by or where you go it? I decorate beginning of May with Americana decorations and then leave them up all summer until I decorate for fall. I would love this in my home as well or something like it.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
This is gorgeous! I LOVE it. Do you have any idea who it is by or where you go it? I decorate beginning of May with Americana decorations and then leave them up all summer until I decorate for fall. I would love this in my home as well or something like it.
It's by an artist named George Kovach, and it's called "Star Spangled Night."

There's a story about how we got it:
I saw it online at an out-of-state art gallery. It was a very expensive signed limited edition print (15/750) that was beautifully framed. I was in love with it, but wavered about buying it because of the expense. I finally made up my mind that I loved it enough not to regret spending the money. We phoned the gallery and they were willing to box it up and ship it to us, so we ordered it. This was on Sept. 8, 2001. So by the time it arrived by mail, 9/11 had happened, and the patriotic/July Fourth/hometown theme meant more to us than ever.

I don't know where you could find it today. Kovach has done a number of "sequels" since, but I still love the original best. It used to be available as a jigsaw puzzle, too, but that was 20 years ago. Maybe you could find a calendar with Kovach images---if that's the July image, there you are!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
It's by an artist named George Kovach, and it's called "Star Spangled Night."

There's a story about how we got it:
I saw it online at an out-of-state art gallery. It was a very expensive signed limited edition print (15/750) that was beautifully framed. I was in love with it, but wavered about buying it because of the expense. I finally made up my mind that I loved it enough not to regret spending the money. We phoned the gallery and they were willing to box it up and ship it to us, so we ordered it. This was on Sept. 8, 2001. So by the time it arrived by mail, 9/11 had happened, and the patriotic/July Fourth/hometown theme meant more to us than ever.

I don't know where you could find it today. Kovach has done a number of "sequels" since, but I still love the original best. It used to be available as a jigsaw puzzle, too, but that was 20 years ago. Maybe you could find a calendar with Kovach images---if that's the July image, there you are!

What a heartfelt and amazing story. No wonder it means so much! Thanks for the info! I'll have to do my research.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
Screen-shot-2012-07-04-at-10_22_40-AM.png

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums