Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Tim Allen is returning to his role as Santa years after anchoring the Disney Christmas franchise, The Santa Clause. Disney has announced a new “limited series” of The Santa Clause that will run on Disney+.
You know Disney+. That is where Christmas-that-sucks resides. It is home to the now shamed remake of Home Alone, which was universally torched by critics and viewers alike when recently released.
But let’s just forget for a second that Disney+ is behind this project.
Let’s talk instead about what happened with The Santa Clause. The problem, you see, isn’t just Disney+.
It could be Tim Allen.
~ The Story of The Santa Clause ~
In 1994 The Santa Clause was released in November and went on to gross $189 million at the box office, a huge sum then (and now).
It was an original story, written by Leo Benvenuti and Steve Rudnick, of a man who startles Santa on Christmas Eve while on the roof. Santa came tumbling down and in the ensuing chaos the man – played by Tim Allen – becomes...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

DixieBelle

Rudolph is my Jam!
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 14, 2011
USA
Very well written, as always. I totally agree. A real Christmas story would never be told by Hollywood these days.

I have to be the only Christmas-living person in the entire world that has never seen The Santa Clause. My belief is also that I am the only person in the entire world that can't stand Tim Allen. I know...I know. Don't hate me for it because I am gonna be honest...I have no good reason. He just irks me.

I neither have nor will ever have Disney+. Much for reasons such as the topic of this article.

The way Christmas is treated nowadays makes me sad, but MMC and the folks here give me faith that there are other believers out there. Believers in Christmas, believers in the Faith, believers in "Santa Claus", believers in the Spirit, and basically just believers in humanity.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image