MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Does anyone here really go all out decorating for Valentine's day? I just put a small wooden sign on my door and that's it. There is a house on my way into Indy that decorates the front of their house with red and white lights. They have all white for Christmas and then add some red after Christmas.

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian
No, not really.

I decorate with flowers and some Valentines candy at the table
And maybe I'll bake som Valentines Cupcakes =)

Snow-in-Texas

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
Nothing here. My wife and I exchange something small, but her birthday being the day before, she gets a bit more. I usually try to take her out to dinner or something.

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
The long and the short of it.............no!

It's certainly not a big thing over here (despite the card manufacturers best efforts) but we never did even when I was home in Canada.

Reactions: 5 people

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
No, not much fuss about it at our house. We don't wait for Valentine's Day to be nice to each other, so it's not a big holiday, although Mr. usually gets me a box of chocolates. When I see red and white lights outside in February, I just think of them as late/early Christmas lights!

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
I decorate but very little. I have a few decorations that sit around on hang on the wall. I do have a small valentine flag in my front yard and a light up heart in my window. I usually buy my Boys a card and maybe an ice cream or make cupcakes..something fun for them but not a big deal. My Hubby and I usually go out to dinner the weekend before or after and exchange a small gift.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
I may have to take my shotgun and go shoot down some more mistletoe. Does it still work even if Christmas is gone? ;)

Sounds like a good idea!!! A little Christmas that keeps giving throughout the whole year.....

:nice:

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
I have some wooden bead garland with little balls and hearts that I string on my hutch and around my window... and some hearts and cupid decals on my front window. And my year-round tree has some hearts on it now! I have snowmen up, too, so I try to tie them both together.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
No, we don't even have any decorations for Valentine's Day, actually we don't even celebrate it anymore, not even cards. (sorry Hallmark) cheesy We get the boys a little something but we wait until Christmas and our birthdays for gifts for each other.

Reactions: 2 people

Lacim84

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 15, 2011
Arkansas
I have a 4 1/2 foot tree in my dining room that's decorated for Valentine's day. And I usually put something on my front door. My kids are still pretty young so I do a little something for each holiday to make it fun for them. :)

Reactions: 1 person

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
I put up a red wreathe, a few past Valentine day keepsakes and red and white all over, its also my Moms bday so its nice to decorate a bit

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
No decorations for us. My wife and I exchange cards, small, pressies and go out for dinner at the weekend, but no decorations. Don't know of anyone over here who does decorate for V day except some stores.

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
Well, you know I do! I don't go crazy but I leave my snowflakes and snowmen up and add some hearts, etc. I just made a paper chain (funny, I was the one making it and my 2 boys had no interest, ha!) and then I cut out some hearts for a garland... I added some sparkly heart garland to my snowflake tree (it's my year-round tree!) and sprinkled some glittery hearts to my snowy mantle... and I have some beaded red garlands with hearts and round beads.

Reactions: 2 people

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image