Do you have Thanksgiving plans?

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I will be preparing a delicious dinner at my house for my family. My brother, MIL, husband and mother will all be here with me and also the dog! It's about the only time of the year that I actually cook something good! I'm not much for cooking, I leave most of that to my husband, he likes it. I do however enjoy cooking if I have a crowd coming. It's fun and Thanksgiving is the only holiday that I have people come over so I like it. We'll eat around 4-5 and hang out and play games and listen to some Christmas music until we start falling asleep! I Tivo the parade and then watch it the next day while I'm decorating the tree.

jenifour13

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Oct 17, 2006
New Jersey
I am preparing Thanksgiving dinner for both sides of the family for the first time ever!! I am super excited and nervous at the same time that it all goes well. I can't wait to have my girls (5 and 10) help me!!

I have picked up some super ideas from this post that I am definitely going to use. #1 I am going to DVR the parade and watch it again on Friday while I put up my tree and #2 Game time!! My sister bought the "A Christmas Story" trivia game last year but we never played it. Sounds like a good way to kick off the season to me. :)

Faith4always

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 17, 2008
Lafayette, LA USA
Thanksgiving Plan A - our 18 yr old son won't have to work. He can go with us to visit family in AR.

Thanksgiving Plan B - if said 18 yr old son has to work, we will have Thanksgiving here in Lafayette. I will do the cooking.

Either plan is good!!cheesy

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
Thanks to everyone who has replied that I haven't thanked.
Everyone who has replied is a very special person.

I know I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Day because of the dinner, the big parades on TV and knowing that the next day is the official start of the Christmas season (I know most of us start when we want too but it is the "official" start of Christmas, LOL. Many light displays will finally be turned on, yea. Also what a wonderful family time.

What a blessing to be able to celebrate!

act_as_if

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 20, 2007
Orion, Illinois
My moms side of the family is coming to our house. Thats about 30 people. It's not a tight squeeze by any means, but its still a lot of people here!

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I just love to hear of the families getting together for Thanksgiving, enjoy everyone for time goes by so quickly.

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:pilgrim:My sister has been hosting Thanksgiving for years, so we'll be going there again this year.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
novelist, I like your little Thanksgiving smiley guy, it's cute.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
wow...that´s a big thanx giving dinner then....how big will the turkey be then?

I am preparing Thanksgiving dinner for both sides of the family for the first time ever!! I am super excited and nervous at the same time that it all goes well. I can't wait to have my girls (5 and 10) help me!!

I have picked up some super ideas from this post that I am definitely going to use. #1 I am going to DVR the parade and watch it again on Friday while I put up my tree and #2 Game time!! My sister bought the "A Christmas Story" trivia game last year but we never played it. Sounds like a good way to kick off the season to me. :)

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Displaced Canadian now in Perthshire, Scotland
Interesting - what exactly would you inflate?? Turkeys?? Horns of Plenty?? Pilgrims???

I'm not being funny, honest, I'm curious (I live in Scotland, she offers as an explanation!)

Edited to say, I've heard of Christmas inflatables but not Thanksgiving ones

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image