Easter

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
I'm still not sure what we're going to eat for Easter dinner, but we did start our Easter baskets today! A half peck "bushel"basket for everyone in the house, the kind sold at Michaels with a wire and wood handle, which we're lining with bandanas. I couldn't resist a few treats from their $1 and "everything under $5" sections: some wooden animals, gardening things for my husband, and three cute stainless steel water bottles for myself and the girls. Oh, and a simple craft. So a good start!

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
We are hosting Easter dinner for the first time in 6 years this year. We volunteered due to the fact my mother-in-law is having trouble with her feet.
I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for side dishes, I am trying to change it up from the side dishes from Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

We are doing a Ham and Turkey with the usual mashed potatoes green bean casserole homemade cranberry sauce so far.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you.

Im not sure what sides you have for Thanksgiving/Christmas? But what about potato egg salad? My Grandma makes the best! I try to do that and deviled eggs as well for Easter. I also make homemade mac & cheese!

Sapsorrow

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Jan 4, 2010
State of Anticipation
We've decided on our Easter menu! Before anyone laughs, we're a very casual family, somewhere between grungy academic and happy blue collar. Our Easter outfits are jeans and nice shirts, our daughters' Easter dresses are Land's End polo dresses. Perhaps that'll put our menu in perspective:

15" (or more depending on whether our larger pot will work for even boiling) diameter egg bagel sandwich. You make the giant bagel, slice it "lengthwise," and fill it up like a nice sub. It really is very festive.

Then there will be chips, deviled eggs, salads, lambic for the adults, elderflower soda for the kids, and a cake from our local baker (and friend), possibly a Japanese cheesecake to drench in berries and whipped cream.

santashelperkobrin

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
May 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Easter 2010

Im not sure what we are doing this year for Easter, Last year we went too church, but sence then our church had fallen and been put up for sale :(

We alway's do egg's with the kids they really injoy doing that, And of course they get a couple small gift's, We dont give them much candy sence they are so young yet.

Meal wise Im not sure, we have a nice turkey in the frezzer that we might just use and too have with Im not sure yet, Guess I better start plaining soon...Sence it is only a few weeks away =)

Ruth

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Boston, Ma
www.facebook.com
I can't wait to get my Easter stuff out now that V-day is almost over.I have been thinking about what the kids didn't get for Christmas,I might be able to add it to their Baskets for easter.Im thinking Ham Dinner,but not set in stone,hubby likes to change it last minute.

caninemom3

MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
On Good Friday I am always, always extremely sad and cry every year and without exception. I can't explain it, but on Easter Sunday I get this "happy, giddy" feeling inside because I know He is risen. It is not something that I concentrate on it is a feeling that just comes on its own. This may sound silly but I actually cry tears of joy on Easter at sunrise. My husband and I always make a special dinner but nothing too fancy as it is just us and our "furchildren."

Jolly Old Elf Mary

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Nov 29, 2008
Kentucky
Is everyone ready for Easter?

My house is decorated and I still have gifts to buy for three nephews and one niece. I plan to purchase these on Wednesday. I, also, need to find a dessert to make.

Two weeks to go!!!! :)

B

ballcoach

I love Easter, although our family don't really celebrate like we do at Cmas! We usually cook out and get together, which is good, but I wish we did it bigger! I just don't think we (just speaking for my family) do that holiday right.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
Im very ready for Easter! I actually was working on my 2 son's and my Hubby's basket this morning. We are doing some Easter baking this weekend and will have Easter Egg hunts this weekend and next weekend. We are also going to dye eggs next Saturday. Im so excited..my oldest son is 3 years old and I know he is going to have such a good time. On Easter day we go over my In Laws for a huge breakfast and my Grandma's for an early dinner!

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
we are going to have a nice, nice easter this year....we gon celebnrate as always with the family....and in the evening we will visit with our new found friends...the parents of kandice´s best friend from pre-school Jann-Luca....we gon cook together.....and then play sing star on the ps2 while drinking cocktails

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I love Easter, although our family don't really celebrate like we do at Cmas! We usually cook out and get together, which is good, but I wish we did it bigger! I just don't think we (just speaking for my family) do that holiday right.

My family is like yours coach. We will get together and have a big lunch but that is about it. We haven't even decided what we are having yet. When I was a kid we always made it a point to spend a day dying eggs and making a bunny cake. We would all get a new outfit and go to church and then come home for a nice big dinner that would rival our thanksgiving meal. We would always have a easter egg hunt in the afternoon and it was just a fun time all around.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
of course the kids are going to hunt easter eggs and little presents....i love it....and starting on good friday I will start watching all of those movies they always show....like Ben Hur, Moses....Passion of Christ and all those movies....love to watch them...just epic

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I am. We are planning on having two egg hunts. Our first one will be done with my daughter's tennis friends. Then the second one will be on Easter Sunday.

I am still having to think of what dishes I am going to make, and I need to finish up putting the gifts together.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image