Fourth of July

Kristian Jennings

Christmas Saint
MMC Member
Sep 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Fourth of July is around the corner everyone! :) So go ahead and have fun with this thread! Tell funny fourth of July stories, discuss new ideas to celebrate the holiday, talk about delicious BBQ! Have FUN!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Love the Fourth! We’re already playing lots of Sousa marches in the car when we’re out. We love to celebrate the day with movies—-“Stars and Stripes Forever,” “Yankee Doodle Dandy,” “1776,” “The Music Man”—-and a reel of the tall ships from the Bicentennial.

In the town where I grew up, there was (and still is) a volunteer firemen’s carnival the week of the Fourth, from Monday to Saturday, including fireworks the night of the Fourth. When I was little, the week used to kick off with a parade on Sunday. Great memories!

(Plus, the Fourth is my birthday. :cool:)

Kristian Jennings

Christmas Saint
MMC Member
Sep 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Love the Fourth! We’re already playing lots of Sousa marches in the car when we’re out. We love to celebrate the day with movies—-“Stars and Stripes Forever,” “Yankee Doodle Dandy,” “1776,” “The Music Man”—-and a reel of the tall ships from the Bicentennial.

In the town where I grew up, there was (and still is) a volunteer firemen’s carnival the week of the Fourth, from Monday to Saturday, including fireworks the night of the Fourth. When I was little, the week used to kick off with a parade on Sunday. Great memories!

(Plus, the Fourth is my birthday. :cool:)
That sounds like a lot of fun! :) To me, I celebrate the holiday by having BBQ while watching the fireworks! I wish you a happy Fourth of July this year!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I work the holiday, but we’ll stay have a BBQ here with my family and hubby will take the kids to see fireworks.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Every other year we have family Olympics...this year is the year! Need to come up with a game!!

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I mostly consider "July 4th" as the kick-off to the 2nd half of the year...

But so many people shoot off fireworks in our town....it's the one night of the year where smoke permeates the streets of the entire neighborhood, and that, along with the fireworks, makes for a memorizing sight.

Reactions: Kristian Jennings

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Getting in the mood! Was just watching a featurette about the making of “Yankee Doodle Dandy.”

Reactions: Kristian Jennings

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image