• We've noticed you use an adblocker. Ads support the operation of the Merry Forums and add to Santa's Sleigh, our little effort to help families in need at Christmas. Please disable your adblocker and register to join the Merry Forums.

Link Ghost of an Idea ~ Christmas History & Culture

ghostofanidea

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jun 15, 2010
Salt Lake City
www.GhostOfAnIdea.com
Just wanted to post a bit about a Christmas History & Culture Blog that I write (I am always interested in feedback, comments, criticism, ideas, requests, and so forth). I've been a lurker for many years, but hope to participate a bit more, as time permits.

Anyway, if you are interested in the thoughts of a Charles Dickens' obsessed historian on Christmas, then you might find something noteworthy at:

www.GhostOfAnIdea.com

Thanks.
Paul
:smile:

Reactions: 4 people

ghostofanidea

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jun 15, 2010
Salt Lake City
www.GhostOfAnIdea.com
A Soldier's Prayer on Christmas Day

I just posted on my Christmas History & Culture site a little bit about this unknown poem titled "A Soldier's Prayer on Christmas Day." Very poignant and moving, not sure how anyone can read it without tearing up a bit. If you want more of my thoughts on the poem and the War era, you can go to my website at: www.ghostofanidea.com I also talk about a favorite charity that help soldiers and their families (with a link and information about their Christmas project for this year).

Your Faithful Friend & Servant.
Paul

Clark

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Apr 7, 2013
This looks to be a great site! Can't wait to dig in!