Halloween 2021 Countdown!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The countdown is kind of getting SPOOKY.
jackolantern_02.gif

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Morning Halloween Fans! Got to enjoy this lasting Halloween type weather. Soon it will warm up and we'll all be reaching for the a/c. Have a great day!
True enough!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 170
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 140
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 17

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Just take a look at those counts this morning! BOTH the "Days to Halloween" and "Days to October 1st" counts are almost ready to enter into a new block of numbers! TOMORROW we will see them both do just that, with the Days to Halloween getting into the 160's, and Days to October 1st getting into the 130's. Wow. That last number is starting to get as I would say "sort of serious".

34 degrees outside right now. I'm so glad it didn't get to freezing last night because we watered the garden plants last night before going to bed. Today is supposed to be in the 70's. I think the warm weather is here now to stay. We will see.

No more new stuff at the Hobby Lobby as far as Fall or Christmas is concerned. They are now officially behind where they were last year even when the store was closed for a month and the pandemic was raging. In fact, I wonder if maybe from staffing reasons or whatever, could it be possible that my Hobby Lobby this year is not able to change over to the seasonal stuff. If that's the case, I will have to live vicariously through you guys who post the pictures of the good stuff!

Happy Friday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 169
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 139
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 16

Good Morning Halloween Fans! What a crazy Friday we had! Our Governor in VA has dropped the mask mandate as of 12:01 AM this morning. Subsequently we've heard that lots of local businesses are now dropping their requirements too. I never thought I would live to see the day, I truly didn't, unless I lived to be an old man at like 85 years old or something.

Anyway, as I go around in my travels today essentially maskless for the first time in over a year, I want to just forget about the pandemic and everything and just see how "normal" things feel again. To tell you the truth I've had that feeling now for the past couple of weeks, as more and more states have eased their restrictions. I'm really excited for the Fall now, I think we stand a GREAT chance to have a completely normal holiday season!

Check out our counts this morning! It FEELS GOOD to see that "Days to October 1st" down into the 130's! Golly it's gonna be standing at 100 before we realize it.

Have a great Saturday, friends!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Morning Halloween Fans! It's another nice day out there. And that's a great thing. I love this time of year. Is it too early to put on a Halloween show this weekend? Have a great day!
Never too early to watch a Halloween show! It is a cloudy/rainy start to the day here and I think I may join in and watch one too!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I can't wait either, and I do hope to go early since I am afraid items won't last long this year, but I don't want to go overboard... I just don't have the room to store it!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 168
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 138
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 15

Good Morning Halloween friends! Over the halfway point now in the month, and it is exhilarating to look on the calendar and see the beginning of June now, just over the horizon. So many awesome things happen that month.

We have big things happening in here too within the next 2 weeks!

In just 8 days, we will reach the final 100 Day Countdown to being back in the Bers! Of course there is the official Bers thread to track that countdown, but I feel that The Bers and Fall / Halloween share so much in common!

6 days after that, we will have our May edition of "Dark Arts Sunday", as part of the May Jack O Lantern Day celebration. And we close out the month 1 day later with Jack O Lantern Day #3. Almost like a Halloween double feature!

Sunday, May 30th
Dark Arts Sunday official.png
Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire

Monday, May 31st
Jack O Lantern Day #3.png

Halloween 4: The return of Michael Myers
Dead Silence​

Have a great Sunday, friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Morning Halloween Fans! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend thus far. Is it too early to think about candy corn being out in the stores? Have a great day!
I need to add that to my calendar of seasonal firsts.
What's earliest anyone has seen Candy Corn on the grocery shelf?

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 167
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 137
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 14

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 19
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 23

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Here we are now, with the end of the month now in sight, and many of us making our Memorial Day weekend plans. So many times over the weekend I have heard "That's when Summer begins", and while that may be true, we know that Memorial Day signifies something else for us, in the Halloween thread and The Bers Thread. Heck, really even in the Thanksgiving thread! I hope everybody is ready, because in just one week we are going to buckle up and head down the 100 day road to The Bers. I know we will be doing it in style in The Bers thread. I can't wait!

I got the corn planted over the weekend. The heat had started retreating just a bit, and I went out and planted the corn after dinner. I thought of Fall the entire time. Heck it probably won't even be 3 full months before I am gathering up that corn fodder and using as part of my outside Fall decorations that go up on September 1st. And inside my shed, the brand new plastic jack o lantern buckets are there waiting to become mulch bed decorations once again for the season.

I hope everyone has a great Monday. I hope we find something in our travels today to make us think of Halloween or Fall. Its always there, if you just look for it! Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
19/23 weeks. It's getting exciting seeing those counts getting down there. I can't wait for Garden Ridge/At Home Store to have there Halloween decorations out. I'm guessing we're only about a month away. Maybe less.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I need to add that to my calendar of seasonal firsts.
What's earliest anyone has seen Candy Corn on the grocery shelf?
CVS Pharmacy is notorious for putting out Halloween candy early (at least in my area). I am quite sure I've seen some in August before. Remind me this year, and I'll go "hunting."

And...even though it's been a few years now...I have found the white pumpkin pie M&Ms at Cracker Barrel once before in July. I didn't specifically check for candy corn back then, but I'll bet it was there. They had a whole Fall display set up.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image