Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
The announcement was made a week ago that there will not be only 1 but 2 NEW Michael Myers movies in the next 2 years (Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends). They are set to release in the Fall of 2020 and 2021. Thoughts?

I really didn't like where the series was going the last several films but this last one got mostly very positive reviews and was very successful. I have to say it was the first one that really made me feel like it was an old school Halloween movie in quite some time. I loved it and I'm excited to know we have 2 more films to follow up on.

*Vixen*

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 1, 2019
Europe
I'm a big fan of horror movies and the Halloween movies in particular so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the new ones! I really enjoyed the last one, I think it benefited from having Jamie Lee Curtis reprise her role and the involvement of John Carpenter. It will be a long wait to next year but I'm excited to see what the new films will be like.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I read that originally they planned on doing a trilogy anyway and the first 2 were going to be back to back but they decided to wait to see if the 1st one was successful. I kind of like the fact they did it that way. I know it's a longer wait but it kind of adds to the excitement of it. Knowing the next TWO Halloweens we get a brand new movie I think will be awesome. And this year? I am going to watch Halloween 2018. I haven't seen it since last Halloween. I want to re-watch it even more now since I know it's the first in a line of 3 movies.

I also think a big key next year will be how "Halloween Kills" 'ends' (pun intended). One thing I love about the original Halloween movie was the cliffhanger of seeing Michael's body disappear. And also how it picked up in Halloween 2 with him in people's backyards in the dark on Halloween night. Creepy and exciting.
They need to have a good cliffhanger to make people want to wait a whole year for the next Halloween. Maybe something where they think they got Michael but then they show Laurie watching the news and they have "breaking news" and the reporter says they found Michael's body missing. He's believed to be on the loose in Haddonfield on Halloween night. He's in the neighborhood somewhere. It's dark. It's Halloween Night. Show a lot of houses backyards, with shadows showing, wondering where he is. Maybe have people looking for him. Something like that which leaves us wanting to see the next one and find out where he is.

*Vixen*

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Jan 1, 2019
Europe
I always make sure to watch the original Halloween movie sometime in October and I'll be doing a re-watch of Halloween 2018 this year too.

One thing I love about the original Halloween movie was the cliffhanger of seeing Michael's body disappear. And also how it picked up in Halloween 2 with him in people's backyards in the dark on Halloween night. Creepy and exciting.

I agree, that ending was brilliant. You think the boogeyman is dead and then he just disappears. It ended the movie on a note of suspense. Very eerie. The theme music makes the movie too.

I also think a big key next year will be how "Halloween Kills" 'ends' (pun intended). They need to have a good cliffhanger to make people want to wait a whole year for the next Halloween. Maybe something where they think they got Michael but then they show Laurie watching the news and they have "breaking news" and the reporter says they found Michael's body missing. He's believed to be on the loose in Haddonfield on Halloween night. He's in the neighborhood somewhere. It's dark. It's Halloween Night. Show a lot of houses backyards, with shadows showing, wondering where he is.

That would make a great cliffhanger for the movie and it would kind of mirror the final shots of the original Halloween where the theme music starts and it shows scenes from around Haddenfield.

I'm really interested in what the synopsis for Halloween Kills will be and it's exciting to know there's one more movie to follow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I think the way they ended the 2018 Halloween was if that was "it" then it could end that way. But now knowing they have 2 more...I think they will treat this as 1 long extended Halloween movie (how exciting) instead of a 2 hour movie...I think we're basically going to see a 4 hour movie broken up into 2...sort of like the 1st 2 films which were a "To Be Continued". I look forward to it. And I hope they really deliver on it.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
Halloween 2018 showed us they can continue the franchise in the modern day but also give it a return to form, so I look forward to the next two.

One thing I love about the original Halloween movie was the cliffhanger of seeing Michael's body disappear. And also how it picked up in Halloween 2 with him in people's backyards in the dark on Halloween night. Creepy and exciting.

I watched both movies for the first time back to back, so I've always considered 1 and 2 as more or less one long movie. I think that would be great if they continued in that same vein where it's basically an extended sequence among the films.

I think the way they ended the 2018 Halloween was if that was "it" then it could end that way.

It could have been a satisfactory ending to the franchise, or the first chapter in the next era of the franchise. Either way, that ending was brilliant. Also I think there was a big question as to how Blumhouse would treat it, so until they proved that they could produce a quality Halloween movie, they couldn't grant them three films right off the bat. This is hands down my favorite horror franchise, so I'm excited we're getting two more.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I wonder if it will release still on time now...with everything going on.
So I have a random thought/question that I'm asking you and myself.
Would you rather Halloween Kills be pushed back to October 2021 and Halloween ends to October 2022 with no new release this year?
OR would you rather a straight non-movie theater release online for Halloween 2020 for Halloween Kills to keep it on schedule?
I'll get back to you on that.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
It's official...Halloween Kills has been pushed back to October 2021 and Halloween Ends has been pushed back to October 2022. You might think I'm crazy for saying this but I am GLAD.
Reason #1 right now going to a movie theater just doesn't seem feasible.
Reason #2 my fear was they'd delay it to January or April or some "random month." Thankfully they haven't.
Reason #3 I can watch the first Halloween from 2018 (first of the trilogy this is turning into) this October from the comfort of my own home.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image