SoundsofChristmas

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
MMC Partner
Jul 7, 2020
San Diego, CA
Hi All!

For those who don't know, I run the online Christmas music station the Sounds of Christmas. We're on year-round, with the best variety of Christmas music 24/7. Except in October, when we switch to Halloween music. That's when we break out versions of "Ghostbusters", "Monster Mash" and lots of songs about ghosts, witches, monsters and other scary hallmarks of the season.

I'm always looking for new stuff to add, as singers and bands don't usually put out Halloween albums (though every once in a while, they do record a song that would fit). So, I thought I'd start this thread and see if I could get your help in compiling a kind of "ultimate list" of songs for October and Halloween!

Anything is fair game, whether it's an artist that everyone knows, or someone that most have not heard of. And if it feels like a Halloween song to you, that's good enough. Different versions of songs are fine, too, just like we hear lots of versions of popular Christmas songs.

I'll kick things off with what is probably the most popular song for Halloween! This is from an appearance on American Bandstand, Bobby "Boris" Pickett and "Monster Mash"...

Ken

SoundsofChristmas

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
MMC Partner
Jul 7, 2020
San Diego, CA
If you grew up, or were at least musically aware, in the 70's, you probably remember Walter Murphy. He had a big instrumental disco hit with "A Fifth Of Beethoven" (which was even in the movie "Saturday Night Fever"). I only just found out he did an album in 1977 based on "The Phantom Of The Opera"!

Ken

• Wow
Reactions: cgmcav and LadyLynn

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
This isn't music necessarily, but spooky Halloween sounds. I had this album as a kid and it scared the heck out of me - but I loved it! The audio on this one is classic as you can hear the crackling of the vinyl.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Lindsey's Stirling's "Between Twilight" is one of my favorites to play around October and Halloween. It's not really a Halloween song, and it doesn't even have lyrics, but it makes up for it with atmosphere. I can't really describe it any other way except to say that if you play it on a cool October evening when the sun is almost down, you'll understand. It has a magical, ethereal quality to it.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image