:welcome:

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Welcome, Ralphie! It is always a pleasure to meet a new member of our merry community.

ajb1946

Merry Forums Newbie
MMC Member
Jul 23, 2014
New to this Forum

Hello my brothers in Red (and Mrs. Claus)

My name is "Santa" Alan Burgess and with my wife of 46 years we have decided to re-enter the world of professional Santas, after a hiatus of many years. My first time in the red suit was Christmas season of 1964 when I worked as the store Santa for a pet store in Rhode Island. I guess I did alright because I was asked back in 1965. I enlisted in the USAF in 1966 and got out in 1970 to return to school. Following my bachelors and masters programs, I received a commission as a medical service corps officer in the Air Force.

When the Wing Commander's wife learned (apparently from my wife) that I had a professional Santa Suit, I was "volunteered" as the official base Santa, near Adana, Turkey! I got to ride in a F-4 Phantom fighter jet with it's nose painted red and when we returned to the flightline several hours later, the whole base was there to welcome Santa. I was taken from the jet by a horse-drawn carriage to a large hangar where i held about 2,000 kids on my lap for photos! It was a L-O-N-G day!

Since then I have been a volunteer Santa, on and off, depending on local needs. I retired from the USAF in 1990, and transitioned to doing roughly the same duties, as a civilian health care executive and hospital CEO. I finally RETIRED in September of 2013 and decided to re-fit myself into the Red Suit.

My wife and I attended the 2014 Santa Cruise from Vancouver BC to Alaska and on-board School4Santas. Networking with about 50 other Santas on the ship convinced us both that we have made the right decision. We look forward to meeting more of you, sharing experiences and ideas, and learning from each other. As Scrooge says at the end of A Christmas Carol, "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year."

ajb1946 ("Santa" Alan):hi:

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
New to this Forum

Hello my brothers in Red (and Mrs. Claus)

My name is "Santa" Alan Burgess and with my wife of 46 years we have decided to re-enter the world of professional Santas, after a hiatus of many years. My first time in the red suit was Christmas season of 1964 when I worked as the store Santa for a pet store in Rhode Island. I guess I did alright because I was asked back in 1965. I enlisted in the USAF in 1966 and got out in 1970 to return to school. Following my bachelors and masters programs, I received a commission as a medical service corps officer in the Air Force.

When the Wing Commander's wife learned (apparently from my wife) that I had a professional Santa Suit, I was "volunteered" as the official base Santa, near Adana, Turkey! I got to ride in a F-4 Phantom fighter jet with it's nose painted red and when we returned to the flightline several hours later, the whole base was there to welcome Santa. I was taken from the jet by a horse-drawn carriage to a large hangar where i held about 2,000 kids on my lap for photos! It was a L-O-N-G day!

Since then I have been a volunteer Santa, on and off, depending on local needs. I retired from the USAF in 1990, and transitioned to doing roughly the same duties, as a civilian health care executive and hospital CEO. I finally RETIRED in September of 2013 and decided to re-fit myself into the Red Suit.

My wife and I attended the 2014 Santa Cruise from Vancouver BC to Alaska and on-board School4Santas. Networking with about 50 other Santas on the ship convinced us both that we have made the right decision. We look forward to meeting more of you, sharing experiences and ideas, and learning from each other. As Scrooge says at the end of A Christmas Carol, "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year."

ajb1946 ("Santa" Alan):hi:

Welcome!!!

Reactions: Bradmac

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image